Metal Gear Franchise Coming to 360

bib12342004

May 14, 2008
ElephantGuts said:
I don't care much for the Metal Gear series, but I'm glad to have something to rub in the faces of my PS3-having Sony supporting friends. Not that I hate Sony or the PS3, but Microsoft is better.

Yo! before flapping your gums...

how about telling us how Microsoft is better ??

I really want to know!!!

bib12342004

May 14, 2008
wait a second Kojima never announced that it was a exclusive xbox360 game, so there is a chance that it will still be on the PS3. I really don?t care what system it is on as long as it is good. I have both consoles and was really was happy with the Xbox 360 conference, but the thing that caught my eye was the interactive voice recognition system that Microsoft has coming to the 360. Talk about cool!!!

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
harhol said:
joystickjunki3 said:
What I don't get is people getting pissy about Bioshock being released on the PS3 or FF13 (in whatever form) coming out for the 360. People should be happy that the developer gets to expose as many other people as possible to what could be the greatest game ever (for all intents and purposes of this post, that is).
Well in the case of FFXIII the 360 port is delaying the North American & European releases by anything up to a year, so I think people have a right to be pissed.... but yeah I see what you mean.
Yeah, in my eyes, that's a completely legitimate complaint.

Johnmw

Mar 19, 2009
Broken Wings said:
Oh my I can't wait for the bitching from Indigo Dingo. Also I think it's pretty cool for franchises to branch out to other consoles. I believe that if there were no more console exclusives console fanboys would slowly disappear. Now that's just a massive hope but I think it has merit.
And on that day satan will go to work on ice skates...still its a lovely vision. They're both great consoles and the appearance of yet another over-hyped franchise on one or the other console changes nothing.

P.S Any super-stealthy ultra spy who has to call everyone in his phone book the second a guard walks by shouldn't be in the business. Raiden put me of MGS in a big way. Him and his girlfriend...wanders of grumbling...

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
Johnmw said:
Broken Wings said:
Oh my I can't wait for the bitching from Indigo Dingo. Also I think it's pretty cool for franchises to branch out to other consoles. I believe that if there were no more console exclusives console fanboys would slowly disappear. Now that's just a massive hope but I think it has merit.
And on that day satan will go to work on ice skates...still its a lovely vision. They're both great consoles and the appearance of yet another over-hyped franchise on one or the other console changes nothing.

P.S Any super-stealthy ultra spy who has to call everyone in his phone book the second a guard walks by shouldn't be in the business. Raiden put me of MGS in a big way. Him and his girlfriend...wanders of grumbling...
You should've played MGS3. Not 'proper' MGS gameplay but you play as the coolest Metal Gear protagonist IMO.

EDIT: And the codec is relatively useless except for lulz

zeratul123

May 25, 2009
didnt you hear that game is gonna be multiplatform also in ps3 but mgs with big boss will be exclusive so we sony fanboys will have 2 games

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
bib12342004 said:
ElephantGuts said:
I don't care much for the Metal Gear series, but I'm glad to have something to rub in the faces of my PS3-having Sony supporting friends. Not that I hate Sony or the PS3, but Microsoft is better.

Yo! before flapping your gums...

how about telling us how Microsoft is better ??

I really want to know!!!
As I have already been forced to say in this thread...

[Not taking bait to turn this into a flamewar]

If you "really want to know!!!" then I'm sure you can find many other people willing to tell you. But that is not what this thread is about.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Quite honestly, this doesn't bother me too much.

What annoys me, however, is that before people where bitching and moaning for "MGS4 on 360!" but now I hear "bah, who cares about that?"

Though I have yet to see the conference (this is a sneak preview that goes against my friends promise of not seeing anything before we see the conferences recorded...), it doesn't mention this being exclusive. So will this be only on 360 or could it be another one of those timed exclusive bullcrap stuff?

Either way, I don't care too much to be honest. I am quite interested in how this will turn out.

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
ElephantGuts said:
Agreed. Nothing like having one more thing to rub into others faces.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
harhol said:
MGS has been been on the Xbox for a while now. Only MGS4 was exclusive. No big deal.

And this is a spinoff starring the worst character in the entire series.
No I'm pretty sure Vamp is not the star of this game.

Seriously I never hated Raiden, he was hardly the worst part of MGS2.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Are we going to get any embarassing online petitions for depressingly nerdy guys?

Parsley

Aug 21, 2008
AceDiamond said:
harhol said:
MGS has been been on the Xbox for a while now. Only MGS4 was exclusive. No big deal.

And this is a spinoff starring the worst character in the entire series.
No I'm pretty sure Vamp is not the star of this game.
I would settle for a spin-off where Drebins monkey is the star. Taking stealth to the trees.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
I didn't really like MG anyway, but at least I can now rub it in to my PS3 fanboy friends that the 360 is getting a Metal Gear Game!