Microsoft Defends Halo 3: ODST Pricing

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Jsnoopy said:
Lol hell no i'm not buying this! The d*cks at bungie still haven't made the legendry maps free a year after they have dropped and I mistakenly bought the mythic maps thinking they would become so. No more money for you, Bungie!
It will never become free since achievements are tied to that map pack.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
ooooo..... I didn't see this coming.

If there hiking the price up, this had better be worth it.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
LaughingSade said:
Tch, Microsoft is always trying to bring in as much money as possible. Just look up their idiotic auto-renewal Xbox live billing fiasco. Can't cancel it online..no...you must call their support center. So..this move doesn't surprise me at all. Who knows though..MAYBE the game will warrant the price change, I have yet to play it.
Welcome to the escapist by the way.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Wafflestomper99 said:
I don't really see a need to charge a full amount. It is an expansion pack for all intents and purposes. I'll try it, but I'm not gonna buy it till the price drops. And if that means waiting a while, I will.

It's just a cash cow.
So were Halo 2 and 3.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
This sounds exactly like another popular story that's been going on for a while now. Something to do with a PC developer who started making games on the 360 as well.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
Umm did i miss something or did they say it will be a full game with a larger campaign and more content?

Controller is hawt.

Jul 9, 2008
Guys, before you condemn Bungie, keep in mind that we have no idea how long the campaign will be. It could be twice as long as the regular Halo 3 campaign for all we know (hyperbole, but you get my point). Wait for the reviews: if they say it's just as long or longer than Halo 3, then Bungie is in the right.

Either way, we don't know anything about this yet, so it's unfair to call them money grubbers.

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
I don't care it looks good and I don't have any of the map packs. And by the way, those of you boycotting are no better than the valve fans boycotting L4D2 because it was released quickly.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Still not as expensive as the inFAMOUS copy selling for 74 euros at a store where I live...
that's also in usd not euros and it will probly be more in europe than in north america, so you're probly looking at the same price

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
oliveira8 said:
Still not as expensive as the inFAMOUS copy selling for 74 euros at a store where I live...
that's also in usd not euros and it will probly be more in europe than in north america, so you're probly looking at the same price
Hmm? No the price of the store is really 74 Euros in US dollars this game would cost a whooping 103 US dollars and 127 Australian dollars.

iNFAMOUS on Amazon.com is 49.99 US dollars which converts to 35 Euros and 61 AUD. Theres an extra 39 euros on the price compared to the inFAMOUS copy on the store where I live! And people complain about Steam pricing...

And apart from that store it seems that every big retail store in the whole country is selling the game at 70 Euros-75 Euros.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
never once did i see a definition for odst

over-dosing storm troopers?

onery dousing sexy teens?

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
Gormers1 said:
Jsnoopy said:
Lol hell no i'm not buying this! The d*cks at bungie still haven't made the legendry maps free a year after they have dropped and I mistakenly bought the mythic maps thinking they would become so. No more money for you, Bungie!
It will never become free since achievements are tied to that map pack.
Fuck, I didn't think about that. Lol I have most of the achievements anyway from playing on my GT at a friends house.

thiosk said:

Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, I think.

Xabekrn

Apr 21, 2009
lol i'll pay the 60 for it, idc its actually a pretty good deal because it has a story-line, and im sure atleast some more achievments, plus i won't have to go 2 cities away to buy a microsoft points card for the maps because my town refuses to sell them.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
thiosk said:

You haven't watched the trailers then.

If it's as long as Halo 3, then I'll buy it. With the maps that come with it and the Halo: Reach beta, seems worth it. If it's like six hours long? Hell no.

timm123

Mar 2, 2008
It's $60 for the simple reason that Microsoft is hurting for money right now, and its analysts project that customers who would buy it at $40 will also buy it at $60. No doubt, it's going to be a well put together game and we won't know whether the price is justified until we see it. If this sells well though, MS and Bungie will get oodles more money with the extra 20 bucks.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Xabekrn said:
lol i'll pay the 60 for it, idc its actually a pretty good deal because it has a story-line
That would make every game ever made a good deal.

This price hike screams to be a money grabber, but we won't know till the reviews roll in I guess.

They could sell it at 120$ and people would buy it, so I guess this decision won't backfire.

Jul 8, 2008
Xbowhyena said:
The price will drop if sales are bad, and they'll stay up if people feel the game is worth it. Thus is the nature of things.
I wouldn't count on it soon? Do you know how long it took for Haze to come down in price?