Microsoft Exec: Offline Gamers Should Stick With Xbox 360

BurningWyvern90

May 21, 2013
Wow, Microsoft. Bite me.

You know, I wasn't sure whether I wanted them to fail because they're being dicks or not fail because I like my 360, but I legitimately hope they fail hardcore for this now. I don't care anymore.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Let me see if I've got this straight: He's basically saying that, if you don't have a stable internet connection, "We at Microsoft still want your money, we just don't want your poor-ass, non-internet having hands all over our new toy. Here take our last generation model as a consolation prize and kindly fuck off."

How's that, am I paraphrasing that correctly?

Go to hell Microsoft.

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
He acts like we do not understand what online is, what cloud computing can do and so on. We know. It is awesome - when experienced on my own terms, without stupid restrictions that can add to further repercussions down the line (like the turning off servers that kills all single player experiences).

If you offer a great service you don't have to stick it down people throats. Get in touch with reality, MS. Jesus!

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
i thought i would not comment on Xbox One Cept for some jokes for that is all it is a joke, however now i have changed my mind, to do so much wrong, to do so much wrong that it makes my head hurt from the rage is bad. To say that if you want online you have the 360 for that, Sir Don, are you on meth, pot, crack, acid, pcp, please tell me what the hell are you on. To say such stupid crap in the course of a month i have to wonder if your on drugs. Add this to the fact that the Xbox One wont release in Asia to late 2014 and i have one last question WHY, why do this who the hell did you think wanted this? Why are you seemingly and knowingly committing suicide? I love the 360 just like i loved my PS2, but I do not care if Sony makes the PS5 the most shittiest console in the world and it costs 1 grand on launch, and your next console redeems itself i will never buy another of your products you two faced twit of a company and representative.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
How did this guy get to such a high position? How fast can Microsoft fire him? I guess not fast enough to save their stock.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
It's getting to the point where I almost think there's some kind of conspiracy going on here...somehow, in some convoluted way, MS is going to make a killing off the Xbox One's failure. Every - single - thing that they've said since day once has almost specifically been designed to piss gamers off. Not only did they already sound like arrogant asses on this topic already by saying "All Xbox One users have the internet", but now they're doubling-down and out-right insulting gamers that can't get stable internet connections. They're literally declaring "Yeah, fuck everyone who doesn't have an internet connection, we do NOT want your business."

Nobody could fuck up this bad and keep their job. Nobody could start a fire with a reveal as crappy as the XBone's and then do absolutely nothing but dump gasoline on it with every interview, every snippet of news that comes out afterwords. Someone made a topic earlier today asking "What did Sony do that was so great?" asking why everyone's doing backflips over the news about the PS4...it's because of crap like this. Microsoft's entertainment division is quite literally self-destructing and shows absolutely no care about it at all and thus have no intent on trying to wrangle this PR nightmare apocalypse.

That's why I'm starting to think there's a conspiracy going on here...it's getting to the point where it seems that every wrong step they take is completely intentional.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Dexter111 said:
I think I've even seen that bit but I somehow must have missed that part... wow:

He's basically telling people not to get their product. xD

And people who don't have always working Internet are apparently either on a Nuclear Submarine (They're not supporting the troops! Isn't that like bad in the US? :p) or imagining it.
Hey people, don't buy our product. We still intend to sell 400 million units, but you guys don't need to buy it...

Yeah, you basically said what I was thinking. I'll be looking forward to see how their support for the 360 will keep up the level of the last 8 years for those of us who likes to play offline. I'm soooooo certain it will be on the same level as Sony with PS4 and Nintendo with Wii U which are the options to the 350 and Xbox One that don't require online access...

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
"And until you use it, it's really hard to understand what all the advantages are."

Okay, how about just one? How about you stop telling us there are advantages and just spell out ONE ADVANTAGE? Because right now the only selling point Microsoft seems to be giving us for the Xbone is the promise that there is a selling point.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
After going through a list of reasons to buy their product and crossing them out one by one, Microsoft forges on with the brilliant strategy to tell people not to bother buying it!

Has Sony installed control chips in their brains or something?

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Well, if that's not incredibly pompous and arrogant sounding of him, I don't know what is. "No internet connection? Tough. Though you can play our old console!"

He says offline gamers should stick with the 360. Good idea, considering it's definitely better than that piece of junk you call an Xbox One

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Alright then, I already have a tv remote and don't need a watercooler so I guess I'll just stick with the 360 then.
The only selling point of that thing so far is "you just don't get it, maybe if you buy one and use it you will".

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
In other news, champagne was popped open at EA headquarters because it seems like they won't be winning Worst Company in America three years in a row.

Akexi

May 15, 2008
I think this guy is going to get a nice Christmas present from Sony if this is what he considers good PR.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
...it is a "service-based world..."
And this, my friends, is the admission that they (not just MS, either) want to lock you into paying a recurring fee for just about everything you do. It is only a matter of time before you wonder why you have to pay a fee to use that internet-enabled refrigerator you bought and paid for, just so you can upload your recipes and grocery-list to "the cloud."

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
I actually gave Microsoft too much credit in thinking they would keep quiet.

Seriously? Pretty much saying fuck you to everyone with a concern about the always-on requirement?

That nuclear submarine comment was just dumb as well. Suggesting that the only person who had bad internet was living deep on a fucking sub...Wow, there are just no words.

At least Microsoft is actually providing me with decent entertainment for once.

Jackel86

May 3, 2008
TheSapphireKnight said:
I'm sure it could be a great service, but it doesn't change the fact that there is no reason to implement online requirements. God forbid someone use the online services your console provides because they want to and not because they have to.

There just isn't a good reason to alienate so many people. Yes, it is totally unreasonable a single player game to work offline when the hardware running it is right in front of you.
Exactly. That's what I've been thinking these last few weeks. It's not the direction MS wants to go (all digital) that's bad, it's the big brother "did you ask permission, you untrustworthy little thief?" attitude they are bringing to it.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
Occasionally, instead of trying to form coherent rebuttals to people like Mattrick, I will look to the philosophers of the past and present. I'll defer to a philosopher of the present to sum up my thoughts.

"Suck my dick." - Jim Sterling