Microsoft Executive Replies To Xbox One Negativity

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
008Zulu said:
chiefohara said:
Whats interesting here is whats not being said.

Considering the response to the DRM and used games fiasco microsoft (especially after the PS4 E3 conference) is going to have a few serious quiet meetings and see what/if they can roll back on certain things before november.
My impression is that a lot of the stuff people are hating on is hard coded in to the console. Which would require a major re-design to get rid of.
Well for MS sake i hope thats software as opposed to hardware.

Offline play patches surely can't be that difficult

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I don't know what people were expecting. These guys have to save face because if the system does poorly, it's their asses. They aren't going to sit there and be like, "yeah, we don't know what we were thinking, we suck." They are going to try and look good and confident and hope to hell the systems sells enough for them to keep there jobs. Everyone should also stop being so negative towards the people who have actively pre-ordered the system. It's their money and their decision. They aren't what's wrong with gaming. They aren't hurting the entire industry. That is dangerous group think. The fact is: People are going to pick the system based on their own preference. Just because they have a preference that is different than mine does not mean they are wrong or hurting me.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FalloutJack said:
I think the analogy loses its footing around there. Nobody EVER approves of a national recovery president, even if they voted for 'im.
That's why I only went to voting for the guy. I'm pretty sure we'll continue to see support for the PS4 in terms of sales if for no other reason than Microsoft continues to dig its own grave. And honestly, I think the political analogy is perfect up til then. XD

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
MrHide-Patten said:
Riff Moonraker said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
VanQ said:
He probably isn't. It was marketed as a CoD and Battlefield machine. So take a guess who exactly it was that ordered all those XBox Ones. That's right, it's foulmouthed li'l Timmy's mum from two doors down.
I knew the Xbone was marketed to that particualr kind of fratboy who does nothing at all and is yet somehow incredibly rich, but I didn't expect there to be so many of them.
Please allow me to shred this stereotype you seem to be trying to pidgeonhole me into... I am a father of two with a job. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, I have played very little CoD, and have never touched Battlefield. I favor RPGs, with Mass Effect being my absolute favorite game trilogy of all time, and the Elder Scrolls titles being a close second. I am quite happy with my purchase, and I am completely bonkers about playing Elder Scrolls Online next spring.

Sure, I also feel like Microsoft didnt handle things the way they should have, but they are not going to stop bringing the games, and I really do not think the used games part is nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Their conference Monday was the best they have done in YEARS. (The last few years have been terrible, so no, they didnt have to reach far, but still...)

I play on the Xbox. I love games. I will continue to have that need fulfilled on the Xbox One. Thats the most important thing to me. Tell you what, let me return the treatment back to you folks... Sony had a great conference too!! You guys look like you will be busy playing a bunch of awesome games, too!! Cheers to you! Oh, wait, sorry.... I came off sounding pleasant. Geez... I couldnt even get that stereotype right. /sigh

Hate all you want, I am not going to hear it in the land of Tamriel. :)
I think people would be jumping up your butt less if Elder Scrolls Online was exclusive to the Xbox One, but it's also going to the PS4... and PC. It's just pre-ordering is a sign of aprovement of Microsoft's ham handed attempt at next gen.
I never said it was an exclusive, just that I am happy I am going to be getting it. And honestly, the only reason people are giving me flak is because I am not picking up a pitchfork to join the mob and go set fire to Frankenstein. See, I think the playstation fanboys are coming out of the woodwork because the xbox took them to task last gen, and they are doing everything in their power to fuel this and keep the flames stoked. If you removed THAT element, then the amount of mud flinging would drop significantly.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I'm just wondering when they're gonna actually start trying to SELL the thing, I don't mean putting on a shelf with a price tag, I mean convincing me to buy one.

cause right now, they are failing so hard its laughable, granted, me not buying one means nothing with all the loyalists out there, but still, I'M the person they should be trying to get, that gamer that isn't really for any one side. As it stands, I'd buy a PS4 and/or a WiiU and just for get the XBone exists

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
"Look at these People
Amazing how sheep 'll (sheeple)
Show up for the slaughter

No one condemning
You lined up like lemmings
You lead to the water

Why can't they see what I see Why can't they hear the lies
Maybe the fees too pricey for them to realize
Your disguise is slipping, I think you're slipping

Now that your Xbox
as still as the grave you're
beginning to fear me

Like cavemen fear thunder
I still have to wonder
Can you really hear me

I bring you pain, the kind you can't suffer quietly
Fire up your brain remind you inside you're rioting
Society is slipping, everythings slipping away, so

go ahead run away
say it was horrible
spread the word tell a friend
tell them the tale

get a Ps4 Have a WII
Microsoft is over with
look at Them not a word
hammer meet nail

then I win then I get
everything I ever
all the cash all the fame
and social change

anarchy that I run
its the consumer's turn
you people all have to learn
this world is going to burn burn burn!"

HippySteve

Oct 4, 2012
Riff Moonraker said:
MrHide-Patten said:
Riff Moonraker said:
Gearhead mk2 said:
VanQ said:
He probably isn't. It was marketed as a CoD and Battlefield machine. So take a guess who exactly it was that ordered all those XBox Ones. That's right, it's foulmouthed li'l Timmy's mum from two doors down.
I knew the Xbone was marketed to that particualr kind of fratboy who does nothing at all and is yet somehow incredibly rich, but I didn't expect there to be so many of them.
Please allow me to shred this stereotype you seem to be trying to pidgeonhole me into... I am a father of two with a job. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, I have played very little CoD, and have never touched Battlefield. I favor RPGs, with Mass Effect being my absolute favorite game trilogy of all time, and the Elder Scrolls titles being a close second. I am quite happy with my purchase, and I am completely bonkers about playing Elder Scrolls Online next spring.

Sure, I also feel like Microsoft didnt handle things the way they should have, but they are not going to stop bringing the games, and I really do not think the used games part is nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Their conference Monday was the best they have done in YEARS. (The last few years have been terrible, so no, they didnt have to reach far, but still...)

I play on the Xbox. I love games. I will continue to have that need fulfilled on the Xbox One. Thats the most important thing to me. Tell you what, let me return the treatment back to you folks... Sony had a great conference too!! You guys look like you will be busy playing a bunch of awesome games, too!! Cheers to you! Oh, wait, sorry.... I came off sounding pleasant. Geez... I couldnt even get that stereotype right. /sigh

Hate all you want, I am not going to hear it in the land of Tamriel. :)
I think people would be jumping up your butt less if Elder Scrolls Online was exclusive to the Xbox One, but it's also going to the PS4... and PC. It's just pre-ordering is a sign of aprovement of Microsoft's ham handed attempt at next gen.
I never said it was an exclusive, just that I am happy I am going to be getting it. And honestly, the only reason people are giving me flak is because I am not picking up a pitchfork to join the mob and go set fire to Frankenstein. See, I think the playstation fanboys are coming out of the woodwork because the xbox took them to task last gen, and they are doing everything in their power to fuel this and keep the flames stoked. If you removed THAT element, then the amount of mud flinging would drop significantly.
Nobody wants to set fire to Frankenstein, they want to set fire to his Monster. Also, setting fire to Frankenstein's Monster would have been a good idea...

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I don't have to choose either of them. They have both failed to impress me and I will not be purchasing either. The console market has failed to bring me back to the fold since it lost me after the PS2. It is a shame too.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
So... basically they understood that there'd be a backlash but are counting on market forgetfulness and response to smaller content bribes to aid that forgetfulness? They may understand humans better than I thought...

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I don't think gamers are the audience. We don't like it, and we're gamers! They must be selling this as a DVD player/tv remote to not us.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'm not saying playing the long game isn't a bad idea, Spencer, but playing the long game with the feature list Xbone's going to have is kind of a dumb idea. That's like playing Texas Hold 'Em and going all in on a two and a three. Of separate suits. On the first hand. Before the flop.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
"This isn't a sprint"

Says the company that released the Xbox 360 an year early only to find themselves in 3rd place for the 7th console gen...

Come on MS, stop sucking the chode of the investors and admit you're just not good at this console thing.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
This whole "Just buy it and you'll see!" schtick is getting really old, really fast.

Vylox

May 3, 2013
Riff Moonraker said:
I've already preordered mine, and shortly after that the preorders were sold out at my gamestop. The guy there mentioned that 5 or 6 other stores were also sold out. I am happy that I am getting one, and I am happy that I am going to be playing Elder Scrolls. :)
What backwater do you live in ¿ I checked at my local Games top, yesterday, and they have 2 pre-orders, and the guy (store manager at that) stated that according to their network, NO store within 100 miles has sold out of pre-orders yet. Granted a day can make a difference or a change, but ...... I'm fairly sure that dude lied to you.

OT.
I'm not sure what should be said. I don't have many qualms or issues about buying something with a slightly higher price point than its competitor as ling as I am positive about the increased value, but looking at the current libraries of games for the XBox 360 and the PS3 and examining what is already projected to be released for both of the new consoles, I can see no point in buying a system that is guaranteed to provide me with the same games that I already refuse to purchase for its current console.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Gearhead mk2 said:
OT: Well, at least they're not just saying "deal with it" this time.
actually, in the other report they prettymuch did and frankly at this point i'm about ready to preorder a ps4 just to spite them ( i was on the fence, but they've annoyed me that much.. i want to punish them with one 'enemy' sale. )
petty? sure. effective? not really. DAMN satisfying? hell yeah.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
DVS BSTrD said:
Microsoft thinks it's still teasing us. In reality it's already blown it's load all over the couch, thrown-up on our backs and passed out on the floor with it's pants around it's ankles. All thats left is to take a shower and go through it's wallet for the bus fare and hope we still have Sony's number.
Wow that's some heavy imagery, there. Would have been kinda hot without the throwing up part. :S

Cobalt180

Jun 15, 2010
Bull fucking shit.

If such content existed and was really enough to overcome people's very valid complaints about this system then they wouldn't be keeping it under wraps. They got curb stomped by Sony a few days ago and now they're trying to convince people it's no big deal and they'll show that it's worth the money eventually. Talk about your marketing horse feathers.
I would take that with a grain of salt. Since MS for a while has still tried to convince us that Xbox Gold is worthwhile, this may be a similar blustering. It seems that Microsoft will have their target demographic, based on some people claiming to have pre-ordered it, but i must wonder if there are enough to justify the way MS is ignoring the outcries.

....Unless the used-game blocking and 24 hour checks are the new features we pay $100 more for?