Microsoft Executive Replies To Xbox One Negativity

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
9thRequiem said:
With all the other comments from Microsoft Execs recently, I cringe when I read a title like that. They really can't afford to be so blasé about any negativity at any stage, and there's a volcano of rage erupting right in their faces.

Then again, I've got mine pre-ordered, so what do I know?
Blasé? By some fairly credible reports they do in fact have an army of badly paid interns out trolling the interweb s declaring their undying love for this console. How quickly the and all their friends pre ordered, and spamming dislikes at any posting or story that may be viewed as negative.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hmmm, this all sounds like exec speak for "d,d,d, don't worry all, we have a plan for the future. Errrrrrrrrr, free CoD map packs anyone?".

Its not the console or the price I have the problems with, its MS's arrogant attitude of thinking gamers will just swallow their shitty business plans and content shackles. Thinking that its fine to shaft people because all will work out well because they have a kinect CoD dog and another Halo game.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Vivi22 said:
Karloff said:
He went on to claim that new, as yet unannounced content would persuade consumers to shell out the extra $100 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124815-PS4-Will-Not-Block-Used-Games-or-Require-an-Online-Connection] to buy an Xbone, rather than a PS4.
Bull fucking shit.

If such content existed and was really enough to overcome people's very valid complaints about this system then they wouldn't be keeping it under wraps. They got curb stomped by Sony a few days ago and now they're trying to convince people it's no big deal and they'll show that it's worth the money later. Talk about your marketing horse feathers.
They are back peddling faster than a circus clown while also trying to juggle throwing knives and balance a cream pie on top of their heads. Believe me, anyone not expecting this was living under a rock. Also, it's funny to hear that race example, considering Sony is more the Tortoise in that example and they are the hare.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Don't use a "the tortoise and the hare" analogy. It only works if one racer is going fast and the other is going slow. This is more a case of Sony and Nintendo going forwards and Microsoft going backwards. I don't care if it's a sprint or a cross-country run, you can't win by moving in the wrong direction.

P.S. Thanks

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
I'm not sure if he was paying attention at the start of the last generation, but last I checked the more expensive consoles generally don't do so well on launch and generally don't recoup the loss. Considering most people will only get one console, having the more expensive console is generally going to screw you over as price factors heavily into these people's decision. I know because I was one last go around. The main reason I didn't get the PS3 was the price.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
There's probably nothing else they can say now except "wait and see." If the things that people hate are an integral part of the new console/long term strategy (and I've read comments by far techier people than I saying that they are) then even if they wanted to Microsoft can't start pulling bits out and reworking their next gen plans. Not at this late stage.

But I don't think there's any rabbit they can pull out of their hat to win back the credibility they've lost in the last few weeks. At this point they just have to put their trust in apathy, and that's a hell of a dodgy business plan.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Yeah, he is right that it's a marathon rather than a sprint.

But Microsoft is still running it with unnecessary weights around their ankles because of some very poor decisions.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Guys, pre order one now and get a controller with slightly different coloured plastic! And an arbitrary achievement!

Mar 30, 2010
Riff Moonraker said:
I've already preordered mine, and shortly after that the preorders were sold out at my gamestop. The guy there mentioned that 5 or 6 other stores were also sold out. I am happy that I am getting one, and I am happy that I am going to be playing Elder Scrolls. :)
I'm really happy about being able to play Elder Scrolls too! <a href=http://bethsoft.com/en-gb/news/the-elder-scrolls-online-coming-to-playstation-4-xbox-one>And I'll be doing it on my shiny new PS4.

Vinterdraken

Apr 4, 2009
Microsoft really needs to just be quiet and hide in the shadows at this point. Every day they try to salvage this they put themselves deeper into the hole they have dug for themselves. Even if they console came with a feature so awesome it would justify the 100$ price difference it wouldnt change all the other gigantic flaws and plain out insulting aspects of the machine.

Unless they announce that they have removed the daily check-in and the drm for loaned/used games, silence is their best defence.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
So instead of addressing these concerns he's just going to pretend they'll go away once the product is released. Still if Riff Moonraker is any indication, he's probably right, sadly enough; although I fucking called it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Sorry, did Microsoft say something stupid again? I was a little bit busy playing New Super Mario U and checking again to see when the PS4 is going to be for sale. I should probably point out that if this was a race Nintendo wouldn't be doing too well either since they started out sprinting before the gun was fired only to fall asleep several steps in front of the starting line to the bemusement of Sony and Microsoft (Microsoft having just finished grafting his feet to a point just below the knees because Cotton Hill is such a great character).

Titan Fall looked cool to me but I'm not spending $500 for that and that alone. Also did anyone else assume Killer Instinct was going to be revealed to be on the 360 and in stores right then? Like the new 360 which is apparently also in stores now?

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
I may work in a UK GAMEing chain and at the moment its safe to say sony is beating MS down. There are still preoders for the xboxone but they're heck of a lot slower and frankly its not a surprise for me.

Seriously is talking to the consumer so hard? listening and maybe giving a little, I cannot guess how deep MS is locked into the online always bits and the smart glass gibber but I fear maybe they're too far along to back track for the console... maybe we'll have no choice beyond what we see now.

electric method

Jul 20, 2010
So uhm, this "Unannounced content" is it going to make up for the always online crap? How about the used game issue? Or better, always having to have that creepy Kinect on? No, didn't think so. See Microsoft you didn't realize that most consumers don't want to be treated like criminals when purchasing, then using a product they bought. This is fairly simple as a concept. But, then again, stuffed suits that are only worried about profit margins and investors would think that a product so blatantly anti-consumer would sell well.

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
A public announcement from microsoft that does not include a blatant 'fuck you' to consumers? Oh gosh, it's like there are still sane people in that company!

More action, less promises microsoft, and I might just believe you.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
I have my preorder for the ps4... And so does the staff in my local Game store, for them it's the eye or saron that was the last strew.... As well as the price.... And that you have to ask permission to play your games. But even though I am heading Sony way, I can't help but feel a loss and oddly enough it's for fable. With all it's faults for there as many, it is that gamei will miss the most.... You can stuff halo, master chief smells too much like sonic the hedgehog.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Well at least this guy isn't telling everyone to fuck off and stick the the 360.

But you'd think that if they had these compellingly awesome features that you would eagerly shed +$100 for they would have gone over them during the damn Xbox event.