Microsoft: Halo: Reach Will Be Biggest Game of 2010

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Oh, it'll sell. I don't know if it'll be THE biggest, but it'll definitely be up there. It's a Halo game, there's no way it won't fly off the shelves.

Also, I like how every news post about Halo eventually devolves into "Halo sucks because Mass Effect 2/Bioshock 2/Modern Warfare 2/Everything Else is better." Way to raise the bar, guys.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Honestly I think the interest for Halo is worn out a little bit. People are sick of the overmarketing and calling every release the second comming. Especially after Halo Wars. I hope the additions to this are more than just extreme bloom effects.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I have no reason to doubt that it will.

After all, you have to admit, Microsoft knows how to market their games well.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
You know, I think I'll just read the book - its probably pap but I can enjoy pap when in the right mood and it wont require me buying a £150 machine I'll only play three games on...

..that said I do own a PS3 so I've already had an even more expensive experience along those lines.

rynocerator

Aug 10, 2009
I enjoyed the tempoar dimensions bit. Haha Anyway I'm hoping that the multiplayer will become much larger in scale than its predecessors. Something like Battlefront would be really awesome.

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
I think Microsoft needs to take a long look at their strategies. They're betting the farm on way too many things that cannot possibly pan out well for them. Post-3 Halo. Exclusive DLC. People haven't been really excited about the 360 for a while now.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
I'll smack anyone who says he isn't being an arrogant douchebag.

Anyone who buys Halo has no life anyway. /fact

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
I'll smack anyone who says he isn't being an arrogant douchebag.

Anyone who buys Halo has no life anyway. /fact
So anyone who thinks they have the best product is a douche bag? Think big; win big.

And wow, dick move dude. I guess you've met every single halo player in the world to claim this as a "fact" correct?

I plan on buying this, so yah thanks dude.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
yourbeliefs said:
What the hell is Halo: Reach supposed to be about anyways? Is it basically the unofficial Halo 4?
Reach is a planet that was invaded by the Covenant approximately one month before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. The game is about that invasion.

You probably could have found that out yourself though [http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Halo+Reach]

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hehehe I scoff at that. How many twenty-aught-nine titles got pushed back? There's to be lots of competition, to say the least. In just Q1 2010 you've got an amazing slew of titles, some of which are almost certain to contend--Bayonetta, MAG, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Final Fantasy something, and God of War 3--and that's only through March.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
So, they're focusing on bringing new stuff to the multiplayer table? What about single-player? Are they just throwing the same old stuff together with maybe a small graphical update?

It won't out-sell Modern Warfare 2 nor God of War III. Mainly because God of War has yet to let any of its fans down with unfulfilling endings or slightly-better-than-mediocre $60 add-ons.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Quite possibly, Halo is quite a popular brand and releasing it near Christmas will get a lot of sales. We'll see how the other games fair, my money is on Final Fantasy XIII but that might be because I am being optimistic

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
Grey_Focks said:
MetaKnight19 said:
I think someone is being a bit over-confident in their product. Also on a side note, what is Halo:Reach supposed to be? The only thing I've heard about it is the title.
It's a prequel, based on one of the most important battles of the war, and it ended with a crushing defeat for the UNSC (NOT a spoiler, as they tell you right off the bat..) that resulted in there being only one Spartan left, good ol' master chief. if you really care you can check out the articles about it on IGN or game informer
Technically, he is not the only one left. This is explained more in the various books in the series, which by the way in my opinion are very good and expand the universe in a way that games could not. It will be interesting to see how they will have the game play out: because the chief goes on a mission with a couple other Spartans in space, whilst the remaining Spartans are sent ground-side to repel the Covenant ground forces. So there might be the chance that we will play as a different Spartan than the Chief. Regardless, i read the Fall of Reach book and it is one of my favorites in the series and i will definitely be picking this game up.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
People keep saying how ODST barely made an impact, but there were two big reasons for that. One, it was basically a campaign (although a much better one than Halo 3 IMO) and Firefight. For $60.
Two, it went up against Modern Warfare 2 for the Christmas shoppers.

Now, Halo Reach is going up against CoD7 or CoDWaW2 or CoDiZaFisH or whatever, but I don't know that it will necessarily sell as well as MW 2. I mean, there's gotta be some point where people stop buying every game from a series that comes out every year, right? *ignores Madden*

Also, Halo Reach, from what I understand is a full-fledged game, with new competitive multiplayer. All ODST had was maps.

TheSuperSonic1

Aug 10, 2009
Its the game im most excited about for this year, Loved Halo 3 sooooo much, was the first xbox 360 game I owned, so the whole online multiplayer concept was pretty new to me, (sorry wii, wifi has noting on live)

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Jaredin said:
Heathrow said:
Yeah, right... I really don't see that happening.
Agreed. Halo, is Halo, is Halo. As they say. I think it might be an intresting game, but certainly not as big as CoD was to the industry.
I can think of several things Halo did to the industry, but... what the hell did CoD do?