Microsoft: Halo: Reach Will Be Biggest Game of 2010

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
Greg Tito said:
Halo: Reach takes the legacy of Halo's rich multiplayer gameplay to an entirely new level, delivering experiences that we think old and new players alike will enjoy for years to come.
Translation: We're going to copy the Call of Duty perks and experience system.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
Has anyone stopped to think about ... why does it matter? A good game is a good game, but it seems like the MMO discussion is moving on to single player games, with apparently numbers being everything.

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
The DSM said:
I highly doubt that, its a contender, but it lacks to originality to get good sales after the first week of release.

But then again an unoriginal concept didnt get GoTt either....(Yes I am refering to MW2, it wasnt that good)
I agree with you on the MW2 point.

So either Reach is going to be so fun that we'll all forget about how iritating kids who play Halo can be, and how bungie have exploited their franchise over and over.

Or this man is very pretentious.

But i could see this happening, as i'm fairly sure CoD7 will be crap and won't sell, and that god of war will sell like hot cakes in the west, while going mostly unapreciated in japan and most asian countries, such is the attitude to western titles.

era81

Jun 11, 2009
Sounds like a "reach" to me. But seriously Halo fucking sucks Microsoft should be pimping something new with potential to be great like Alan Wake. Does anyone believe that this game is going to feel like anything different than any other Halo.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Hmm... Halo Reach... yes. Just might. Heck I might be getting it for Christmas and the number of 7~10 yearolds buying it will surprise you. So yes, that might happen. I just hope StarCraft II doesn't come out and if it does, gets beaten by Halo:Reach.

Anyone here actually read Halo:Reach? Good book eh?

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This is not going to be bigger than Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. Maybe a better seller in the 18-25 audience, but there's no competing with the giant moneymaking machine that is Pokémon.

P.S. Thanks

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
LeeHarveyO said:
They are so full of it.

Ain't no way gaylo is gonna beat out SC2 and ME2!
I've heard that this gaylo game is quite bad so you're probably right.

Halo: Reach certainly can outsell those two games though.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Maybe, but it will not be the best game for 2010. That is reserved for Mass Effect 2.
I agree with this man. 10 more days :D
Lucky. I have to wait 14 more days.

Goddam England and it's goddam release dates.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Psychosocial said:
Well thank god Master Chief is, to my knowledge, not involved in this game at all!
He's the Halo series incarnate, whatever. If there are SPARTANs in it, then he may as well be in it himself.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I'm gonna go ahead and say...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If Halo: Reach is the top-selling game of 2010, I'll eat both of my arms.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
BehattedWanderer said:
Hehehe I scoff at that. How many twenty-aught-nine titles got pushed back? There's to be lots of competition, to say the least. In just Q1 2010 you've got an amazing slew of titles, some of which are almost certain to contend--Bayonetta, MAG, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Final Fantasy something, and God of War 3--and that's only through March.
How many of those will be able to actually contend though? Remember, this guy is talking purely about sales, not quality. How many of these games are going to stand up to an established, immensely popular title that's backed by Microsoft's marketing hammers?
LeeHarveyO said:
They are so full of it.

Ain't no way gaylo is gonna beat out SC2 and ME2!
Well, since this guy is talking purely about sales, it's going to smash those two into the ground.

TheSuperSonic1

Aug 10, 2009
kibayasu said:
Translation: We're going to copy the Call of Duty perks and experience system.
Fantastic idea, I <3 halo and Call of Dutys custom class system, put them together and ill be hooked for months :)

mezmerizer02

Jun 6, 2009
Let's recap the last 2 years: Halo Wars - Crap. ODST - Short, had to get dlc if you wanted to play more than 2 hrs, so - Crap. Every Halo game has been pushed back in development, ever - Crap.

Although the games are good, I can't justify it being the best game of the year in any year. It would have to be 12 hrs long in play, contain 20 different styles of weapons, actually have a better plot device, move more fluently, have a wider array of aliens, actually use the engine on which it runs, and possibly offer a multiplayer that didn't suck dog bollax to make me cough up the $60.00 USD they want for a game which will obviously be short, have few weapons and levels that will require me to spend 90,000 microsoft points in dlc to actually enjoy the game.

All of this to say, there isn't a chance in hell it will be game of the year, even on the Xbox 360. Microsoft should start drug screening their marketing department so they don't go off and start ranting like a bunch of dumb bastards, saying things that they will undoubtedly have to live down.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
CuddlyCombine said:
Psychosocial said:
Well thank god Master Chief is, to my knowledge, not involved in this game at all!
He's the Halo series incarnate, whatever. If there are SPARTANs in it, then he may as well be in it himself.
John-117 is not [in]on[/i] Reach per say. He is above in some orbital platforms, so no. The game takes place on the ground, so MC should not be there.

Kellerb said:
Computer says no. i think people are going off halo now, thank godness.
Computer says you miss-calculated. And why? My god, you people treat halo as if it's the anti-Christ or something...