Microsoft Wants to Kill Internet Explorer 6 Too

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Personally, I use Opera. I am very happy.

People who still use IE6 baffle me, considering newer versions are free.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
My name is Fiction said:
Netscape?
That still exist?
Everyday new surprises.
I'm using Google Chrome right .now
Fuck yeah Google Chrome all the way.

I heard that IE9 is worth a little something but I can't use it. Can anyone confirm it? And as someone pointed out, 400 million people aren't going to suddenly stop using it.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Its a shame more people don't know the wonders of Google Chrome...

I haven't used IE in years. It goes Chrome primarily, then Firefox and Opera as backups.

My name is Fiction

Sep 27, 2010
Nouw said:
My name is Fiction said:
Netscape?
That still exist?
Everyday new surprises.
I'm using Google Chrome right .now
Fuck yeah Google Chrome all the way.

I heard that IE9 is worth a little something but I can't use it. Can anyone confirm it? And as someone pointed out, 400 million people aren't going to suddenly stop using it.
Unless we hack them and replace all their files with pictures of squid!
Its perfect, it can never fail!
*Evil laughter*/ I can't confirm it

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
IE6 was my last IE. After struggling with an early bugtacular 7, I decided I liked tabs too much to go back to the old way, and hopped on Firefox 2.4, and I've stuck with FF since. Though lately it's become a bit hoggish so I've been using Chrome most of the time now.

OT, I get the feeling that due to the proliferation of computers, most of these IE6 users may be soccer moms and seniors that don't really know better.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I really don't ever see how FF and Chrome are better than IE other than you can use fancy skins on ya browser.

I tried FF once and it was exactly the same speed as IE.

TailorTF

Mar 2, 2011
Nice to see them care about removing old things.The future is now,and the future doesn't need horribly outdated browsers!
I myself use Internet Explorer.It's the default browser of Windows,and I'm lazy that way.

Ca3zar416

Sep 8, 2010
icame said:
34% of china... isn't that near 400 million users? Good luck with that microsoft
May mean 34% of the Chinese with computers which is in all likelihood a significant drop.

Ca3zar416

Sep 8, 2010
It's probably because they don't realize what upgrading to a different browser can do. A lot of people don't know the difference it makes.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
I used to use Firefox but after installing Windows 7 I just kept with IE and it works fine. Even feels a little slicker than Firefox. I particularly like the 64-bit version which doesn't run Flash. When surfing YouTube I just switch back to the 32-bit version.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
I use Chrome w/ unchrome and little else. I keep Firefox as back up but it still doesn't run as quick as Chrome. Forget IE of any variety, I would remove it from Windows if I cared to make the effort.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, I still stick to Firefox when I want to use Flash based applications and Chrome for everything else. Also, Quake Live still doesn't support Chrome, so that's my main reason I still stick to Firefox.

OT: Good riddance, I can't belive anyone still uses that cesspool of viruses. I still have my IE8 upgraded, even if I don't use it at all, but because there are a couple of programs that still open IE by default, like many EA games.