Middle-Aged Gamer Assaults Teen Over Black Ops Beatdown

Sep 8, 2010
Mrmac23 said:
A man much older and stronger than you loses to you at a game. You relentlessly taunt him.

These are the situations the phrase "tempting fate" was invented for.
My thoughts exactly.

Let me make this clear; I don't think it's ok to do what he did.

BUT.

I am extremely glad to see a 13-year-old learn that acting like a little fuckhead actually can have repercussions.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
REPTILE 0009 said:
GiantRaven said:
I'd wager it equally pathetic for a 13 year old to throw insults at a grown man through a videogame.
And it's equally pathetic to do nothing but shit-talk COD for no reason, other than it's popular to do so.
Ok, I'll bite. Can you point out where exactly I said any of that in my post?

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
First thing I thought when reading the title was "Perfect example of why kiddies shouldn't play adult video games."

As far as I'm concerned, the kid deserved it.

Chaos1228

Sep 28, 2011
First off, both the man and the kid were in the wrong here.

The kid shouldn't have been trash-talking, and even though he's 13, he still had the logic not to do something like that. But does that really mean he deserved to be assaulted or worse? And the man completely lost his temper, even with a history of mental problems. You don't invade someones house and strangle them over a video game.

Also, why all the hate for the kids mother? Did anyone consider that maybe she was in another room, and came in when the man started strangling her kid? Therefore not knowing what the kid was saying?

And the "that kid shouldn't have been playing CoD anyway, its rated M" thing? It's not illegal to play an 18+ game if your under that age, its a recommendation. So the mother obviously thought he was mature enough to play such a game.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
"I was just sat playing. We'd had a bit of a joke and then he stormed in and grabbed me"

Bull Crap
That kid was probably saying a lot more than a little "Joke"
Still, isn't there an IGNORE button for this?

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
perhaps cruel of me, i sympathize with the middle aged guy. why in gods name is nearly every kid (who is likely too young for games like CoD or GoW) a smacktard who thinks being able to kick someones ass online = being awesome. Now i know plenty of adults are like that too, but the ration in kids seems a little more bent towards smacktard. Maybe if more people tracked down the smacktard like this guy, kids would think twice before taking a game too far.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
I don't understand how he found the kid. "Bradford was apparently able to find the boy because he's a 'loosely-connected friend' of the family." Okay, sooooo, they were XBL/PSN friends? Either that or the kid just happened to live within walking distance and the man just happened to know where to find him?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
It's nice to see that this was a learning opportunity for the both of them.
Andy Chalk said:
"It's pathetic that a grown man would attack a defenseless child like this," his mother added. "If you can't handle losing to a child then you shouldn't be playing games."
It's also somewhat pathetic that the mother let his 13 year-old son play the M-rated game. He may be mature enough but anyone who trash-talks isn't mature enough for me. And defenceless? Any 13 year-old can put up some fight.

jhlip

Feb 17, 2011
Well fuck. That's a bit.................well its just fucking dumb. I'm sorry, I understand the frustration but the way he handled it was so dumb its not even funny. Although, I will give him credit for apologizing and pleading guilty for all of it. Shows that he at least has some character.

warmonkey

Dec 2, 2009
I find this absolutely hilarious.
Kid deserved it for being dumb. Guy deserves some help and a slap on the wrists, yes, but really?
Kid mouths off online to someone who knows where he lives. What did he think was going to happen. Actions have consequences. He'd never do that sort of thing to an adult in person -- and he shouldn't be doing it to an adult WHO KNOWS WHERE THE HELL HE LIVES.

Lesson learned. Kid needed to learn it. Be careful who you know online, who knows you in real life. Things can be much worse than this. Take care to keep your online and corporeal personas separate. This is important. Now he knows why.

I don't give my real name to my gamer buddies, and I don't give my gamer tag to my real life buddies. Excepting of course a core group I've known since high school, and maybe a half dozen other wackos I've met in the past dozen years.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
FogHornG36 said:
No, you guys need to understand, you do this trash talking and trolling in real life, this is what happens, people abuse the fact that they can't be reached over the internet, and they do what ever they want to get their jollys.

I say good job, and we need to show this to everyone so that people will think twice before talking trash, because that internet tough guy just may be able to get you, and if you wouldn't tempt fate in real life, why should you on the internet?
Yeah good job, if only more 13 year olds were assaulted by 46 year old men. Trashtalk is going to happen, and it's not a big deal. Either ignore him, mute him, or just leave the game.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
So who thinks this local incident is just another trinket for the 'video games are bad' stick? It's a shame he didn't use the mute function.

Wait, did they say the kid playing Call of Duty: Black Ops was 13? Sheesh... now I'm struggling to find who was at fault here. :/

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Temper Tantrums: Rated 'E' for Everyone!

Now I have to stop and think which one is more pathetic: A mid-aged dude getting pissed and beating up a kid over Black Ops, or a 20 man brawl over a Smash Brothers Tourney...

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
krychek57 said:
Wait, what happened to game ratings and good parenting?
Admittedly, you can't blame this on bad parenting. The kid was just the victim.

The guy said that he just snapped. It might have been a 20-year-old who could have made this guy snap and want to stab a *****, but it just happened to be a 13-year-old.

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
Dont feel bad for the kid, You are clearly taunting someone bigger older and stronger then you. I dont care that kid deserved a beating to put him in his place now maybe he will think when he is a dick even online