Minecraft Middle-Earth Will Melt Your Mind

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Fiad said:
samsonguy920 said:
Something I just doublechecked as well, but on the Bridge where Gandalf confronted the Balrog, it spanned an empty and very deep chasm. There were no flames or lava below. These people need to proofread themselves. (The flames and lava were in a crack further back in the chamber that the Balrog leapt over.)
They are working with the limits of Minecraft, they most likely hit bedrock right there and couldn't make the bottomless pit without opening up the void which would just be a bright blue area, which would just look odd.

You mean the makers of Moria weren't able to delve too deep? Probably a good thing, really.

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
I find it amusing that the narrator sounds like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.
OT: I get that that's a grand accomplishment and all but... seriously? It seems like a bit of a waste of time, and it's not like as if you can actually do much with it.

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
"Please keep in kind you must be 16 or older to apply for the whitelist."
What a bunch of elitist ageists...

Well I certainly won't be able to see any of this stuff, they want to reserve it for some perceived over 16 'master race'.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Well, this is just about the most amazing thing I've seen in months. Good god, did they REALLY make it so huge that it takes six hours to walk from Weatherhills to Moria? How is that even possible?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well that was... amazing. The scale of it was just ridiculous, now my "big" house that i built looks like a tiny hut... Jesus, did those guys went all out on that project. But well done, lads. Well done.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I like all the people calling this a waste of time, when in the end playing games itself is a waste of time, also calling what they're doing a waste of time, is a waste of time. What they're doing interests them, you really have no right to judge them, or take away from what they're doing. In the end it's their time, they'll spend it however they please, just like you.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
I watched the whole thing. Not even the obnoxious narration made this world any less incredible. I'm very impressed.

Jjkaybomb

Nov 22, 2009
This world seems to be constructed with a lot of love and care, and it captures the epic feel of a fantasy world. I wish they had the map available for download and solo play, just to wander around in.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
I'm not even a huge Lord of the Rings fan and I want to play on that map, just to look at everything.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Zarthek said:
I'm going to go ahead and say that they just beat Minecraft... Also I want them to let us download that world for adventure mode, that would be amazing!
They win minecraft all the way indeed.

I mean, i did see some pretty cool things... but that beats them all. I really like the moria mine, this is huge and i just wish i could go out there and explore it.
Then i wish some cave systems like that, with the structures everywhere could be found in vanilla minecraft..