Miracle of Sound: Brothers Of The Creed (Assassin's Creed)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
LarenzoAOG said:
Ah, I wasn't aware the Miracle Of Sound team was Irish, I understood the context of the lyric, but the unintended implication kind of surprised me.
This indeed is the case. Also there is no MOS team, it's just me. Perhaps in this case someone to bounce the lyrics off may have been beneficial. Oh well.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
LarenzoAOG said:
Ah, I wasn't aware the Miracle Of Sound team was Irish, I understood the context of the lyric, but the unintended implication kind of surprised me.
This indeed is the case. Also there is no MOS team, it's just me. Perhaps in this case someone to bounce the lyrics off may have been beneficial. Oh well.
Wow, I thought Miracle Of Sound was a band, that is really awesome.

King British

Apr 15, 2010
A little late to the party here I know but whatever. While I will admit that this song isn't my favourite of these it has one major thing going for it and that's in the vocals.

Not so much the lead vocals, It was the chorus that let the song down a little for me, but rather that... chant/backing vocals that ran behind the guitar riff at the beginning and after each chorus. When those kicked in the song picked up hugely. Not sure if there are actually words there or if it's just noises to fit with the guitars. Either way it was a brilliant addition and helped the song beautifully capture the middle-eastern vibe. An excellent touch there, it really made the song great.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Strange how I end up liking every MoS song after hearing it a few times, even if I didn't care for it the first time..

Valthek

Aug 25, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
And I kill for good in my white hood.
This question has to be asked, since it has been bugging me immensely. A friend of mine recently bought your LEVEL-1 cd and when he played this particular song, I couldn't help but notice tht there was something different.

Specfically, the "And I kill for good in my white hood" line has changed. Now I go looking around the internet and find that on the first site where it's up for sale, this change has also been made, but not to the original on the escapist. Couple that with a comment on page 2 where Gavin specifically claim to never want to change the song.

So i'm confused.
Very confused. Does anyone know why this happened? what the reasoning is?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Valthek said:
Specfically, the "And I kill for good in my white hood" line has changed. Now I go looking around the internet and find that on the first site where it's up for sale, this change has also been made, but not to the original on the escapist. Couple that with a comment on page 2 where Gavin specifically claim to never want to change the song.

So i'm confused.
Very confused. Does anyone know why this happened? what the reasoning is?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/miracleofsoundencore/9232-The-New-Black-Gold-and-Brothers-of-The-Creed

All your answers are here ;)

Valthek

Aug 25, 2008
And now I feel silly for asking the question.
Thanks for clearing that up for me (and anyone else who has the same question.)

And (after reading your article) if it's any consolation, I rather like the song.

TheAIOverlord

Dec 9, 2010
The song is so great that i didn't even think about the whole KKK thing. you know why? because HE"S SINGING ABOUT THE ASSASSIN ORDER, NOT THE KKK!!!! *sigh* sorry to yell. It's just so frustrating when people seem to be purposely trying to find ways that something might be offensive to some people just to make a big deal about it.

SquadronAce

Jul 23, 2010
It sucks that you were bothered so much by the whole stupid KKK thing that you felt you had to change one of the best lines of one of your best songs. Would you consider releasing the original on iTunes?