Miracle of Sound: Crucible (Mass Effect 3)

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Fantastic work sir! I think you've nailed the vibe of the moment perfectly.

I'm a musician myself but I wish I had a quarter of the ability you have to express your ideas musically over such a vast soundscape... Dammit I need to learn the keyboard!

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
To all those who said the ending suck, I got a solution. Ten seconds before you hit the end, draw the small progress bar back to start. Problem, solved.

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
Jynthor said:
Didn't really remind me of Mass Effect but it was definitely a great song.
This basically - doesnt detract from how good the song is though.

Also, the first custom male Shepard Ive ever seen that doesnt look either horribly grotesque or like an absolute tool. Commendable in itself :D

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Nikolaz72 said:
To all those who said the ending suck, I got a solution. Ten seconds before you hit the end, draw the small progress bar back to start. Problem, solved.
Once Gav releases it to buy I'm just going to loop it just before the ending 10 times so it's 40odd minutes of epic epicness.

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
So here I am enjoying a nice slow piece, when 0:45 cuts in and just BLOWS ME AWAY...The transition to it was great...It just brings in that triumphant feeling and I have a feeling this will be looping on my computer for awhile...

Ferrious

Made From Corpses
Jan 6, 2010
Lovely. All your Mass Effect inspired work has been... erm... inspired. Damnit.

The "reaper noise" nods and the abrupt ending sealed the deal for me, great job.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Crucible (Mass Effect 3)

A Mass Effect 3 inspired instrumental by Miracle of Sound.

Watch Video
Cool stuff in there!

(One musician to another, what tools do you use for your production? I've been so busy with teaching over the past few years that my writing has really slipped, and I don't have the same live-performance forces available to me where I live. I'd love to get back to writing music, but I also want to hear it. I'm a bit rusty on software, etc., to make that happen.)

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Don Reba said:
The ending was a little abrupt.
Stop being so entitled. ;)
LOL!

This was one seriously epic piece of music. Next time I play Mass Effect 3 all the way through I shall close my eyes and play this at the end instead. There's no better ending than that.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Just amazing. As someone who never got into Mass Effect and didn't like Skyrim, I have to say how impressed I am at your ability to make me connect with the songs you make about them.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
TimeLord said:
Fantastic! A brilliant instrumental!

Why must you make us wait 2 weeks until we can buy it? :(
It'll be on Bandcamp tomorrow :)
It had better be. I need it.

I love strong instrumental pieces, and this one has it all - peace, sadness, loss, defiance, war and power. Completely unexpected, and all the greater for it.
My friend, you've outdone yourself. Congratulations. :D

I38VWI

Nov 9, 2009
A fantastic song for a fantastic game that had a fantastic ending!
This is the perfect logical extension of Mass Effect's music into a film score style.

Anyone that this doesn't immediately remind of Mass Effect must not know a lot about the game or music or both.

Forst1999

Mar 29, 2011
No big fan of instrumentals, but it certainly was good. Felt very big and epic, the video fits.