Miracle of Sound: Crucible (Mass Effect 3)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sonicron said:
[

I love strong instrumental pieces, and this one has it all - peace, sadness, loss, defiance, war and power. Completely unexpected, and all the greater for it.
My friend, you've outdone yourself. Congratulations. :D
Thanks dude. ME is an inspiring series :)

trollpwner said:
No! You just don't understand! I'm reporting you to the FTC for not making what I want!
Speculation for everyone!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
trollpwner said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Speculation for everyone!
Yes! Speculation theory! It all makes sense now! You're going to release a better song as DLC! Oh wait, you're not evil.
Bioware aren't evil. They're good people :) I genuinely still have faith that they'll do their best to make the fans happy.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'm guessing that this Mass Effect song was an instrumental because otherwise it would have just been a stream of curses about how the ending sucked?

Also, I lol'ed a bit when the credits stated you wrote the lyrics to this.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
By the title, I thought that this was going to be a song about the ending, which would have made me angry because I'm sick about hearing about the god damn ending.

Pleasantly surprised, nay a word to be seen too and instead an instrumental that reminds me of all the hardships throughout the series, the work that we had to put in for the conclusion. Which then turned out to be all for naught, but shut up.

Excellent piece. Though the beginning reminded a lot of the music when you meet the plot vital character no-one likes at the end of Mass Effect 3. Was that intentional?

Calumon: I can't see! So much lens flare. DX
Likewise, I would have enjoyed this song much much more if it wasn't for the sheer amount of fans raging about the bloody ending.

Good work Gav and as always, can't wait to see what you come up with next. :D

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
Great music, Gavin. I love how you ended it just as the game itself, with no real ending. Very "meta".

HaZZeRRD

Jun 15, 2011
Wow good job Gavin, this song persuaded me to now go and buy your stuff...cause its awesome...and i finally got my paycheck

coblen

Nov 18, 2009
With each song that comes out I only get more and more excited about level 2
or whatever you plan to call the second album

I might need to buy this one early, I can't think of a better song to have playing during the climax of my D&D campaign.

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
Ohhhhh I see what you did with the ending!

I love what you did with this piece. I especially like how the reaper noises start low and grow more and more powerful the closer you get to the ending until that's basically all you hear. Very good representation.

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
I haven't listened to it yet (I will do later), but I predict it'll be utterly amazing but then the last 10% will be so mind-blowingly awful that it sours your view of the whole song.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
That ending was TERRIBLE!

That's it, im sending cupcakes in protest!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT: ;) Gavin, i commend your decision to leave the ending "unfinished" as compared to "bad" like everyone expected. I emediantly got the feeling of "There's more" when it ended. Hope it was intentional.