Miracle of Sound: Joker's Song (Batman: Arkham City)

Herrsunk

Apr 2, 2011
The borderguard of the Star Empir... You know what? I'm going to skip the nonsensical nonsense-compliments this time and just say it clearly: This song was fucking awesome, you unstable genius you!

At every new song lies a new surprise and you keep shattering my expectations Gavin. This was an absolute joy to listen to. Simple as that.

(Feel the ego-stroking, feeeeeeel it!)

And I can only imagine how strange it was around your house when you did all the recording of that crazed laughter in the end! :D

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Absolutely loving the waltz-y feel of this!
Definitely one of the best songs you've made, too bad I don't know much about music, so my praise can be nothing more than sheer fanboyism.
To that effect; SQQUUUUEEEEEEEE!

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Excellent mixup I have to say that with it being a Joker song I expected it to be very upbeat, but the Carnival like start and the waltzy sound did take me by surprise. The voice was fairly good but I did find it got less Joker like save for the beginning, and chorus. Regardless I'm impressed that you were able to keep the tones shifting fluidly as you did so the sound remained Joker even if the voice didn't match it, in my eyes at least.

In short it was a great song, one of my favourites easily but then, I loved your other Batman song so I'm glad that this one was able to top it.

Gammayun

Aug 23, 2011
I have to to say if they ever make a batman the musical the song would be absolutly perfect for it.

DickRangler

Nov 18, 2009
You did a really good job on this song. It's very powerful. I especially like the beginning.

(Also, good Joker voice.)

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Help, please.

This song has been stuck in my head for days now!

I don't know if I want it to stop or not! DX

DO SOMETHING!

*Continues to sing*

...We are opposites, yet we are the same!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
PatrickXD said:
too bad I don't know much about music, so my praise can be nothing more than sheer fanboyism.
!
Then you are exactly my target audience ;) I make music for everyday people, not for musos!

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Yet another awesome song!

MiracleOfSound said:
PatrickXD said:
too bad I don't know much about music, so my praise can be nothing more than sheer fanboyism.
!
Then you are exactly my target audience ;) I make music for everyday people, not for musos!

And gamers!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
holy shit..that was AWSOME!! (somthing about batman...since my other favorite is "mind of the bat")

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
You nailed the Hamill voice, and I really liked the little shout outs to "Mind of the Bat". Doesn't quite knock "Sovngarde Song" from my top spot, but still damn good.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Well damn...that was just frakking Brilliant dude!... I'm gonna be singing this all day.

Ympulse

Feb 15, 2011
1:3 Waltz, organ grinder and a spot on Joker voice?

If I ever meet you IRL I will shake your hand and buy you a beer, Gav. Seriously. You had my respect at Sovengarde Song, but this deserves something extra.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Ympulse said:
1:3 Waltz, organ grinder and a spot on Joker voice?

If I ever meet you IRL I will shake your hand and buy you a beer, Gav. Seriously. You had my respect at Sovengarde Song, but this deserves something extra.
Thanks dude :) No internet beers today though... rather hungover after last night haha

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Mcoffey said:
Also, excellent reference to The Killing Joke in there. :p
I am glad people are spotting it ;)
Dude, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but for a good while alot of your stuff seemed uninteresting to me, but since I heard this song, I've been going through your songs again to actually take time and appreciate them.

Thanks for making such an epic song and yes the Killing Joke reference concerning Batman's "Bad Day" blew me away.

I love being introduced into new music in such a fashion.

Hazardlife

Jul 14, 2009
Awesome song. For some reason, makes me think of "Be Prepared" from the Lion King.

Maybe the the whole "You'd be lost without me!" bit.