Miracle of Sound: Joker's Song (Batman: Arkham City)

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Awesome stuff, it really feels like it could be in a musical, the lyrics are great the voice is awesome and its pure fun...

Unless you've finished Arkham City in which case it's delightfully haunting right at the end

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Ok, now that was just creepy. Seriously impressive though, to mimic a voice like that the wole way through.

duck-man

Mar 17, 2009
I'm more grateful now than ever for your different styles; Very pleased with this song :D.

Now I'm just worried that if you do settle on a style we might miss out on something great!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Fantastic song! Your music is worth the price of my Pub Club membership alone so I can download all your songs to my iPod.

Element Zero

May 19, 2009
I've been muttering the chorus to this song under my breath non-stop for the past several hours...the Joker is my favorite DC super villain and I think you've captured the character perfectly here, which is hard to do for a lot of people. You managed to find the right balance of silly and terrifying, all while making the song catchy and fun to sing along with. I applaud you.

PS: Before reading the thread I was under the impression that you had sampled Mark Hamill's joker laugh for the song, but having been corrected in that I find myself even more impressed. A good Joker laugh is really, really hard to pin down. Trust me, I've been trying for years.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I'm surprised, that was... actually pretty catchy. And the Mark Hamill-esque voice really helps...

Saxnot

Mar 1, 2010
this is amazing!

you once again prove just how versatile you are. i hardly even recognised your voice, i would never have known just from listening. great!

May 5, 2010
That was....Awesome. Someone should make a Batman musical for Broadway, and that song should be in it.

Seriously, great work, guys.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Not really my stuff. I said the same about that other musician on here sometime ago, though I still think at least half of her popularity was just because she was cute.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Element Zero said:
PS: Before reading the thread I was under the impression that you had sampled Mark Hamill's joker laugh for the song, but having been corrected in that I find myself even more impressed. A good Joker laugh is really, really hard to pin down. Trust me, I've been trying for years.
It helps to be a little bit insane ;)

Skopintsev said:
Not really my stuff. I said the same about that other musician on here sometime ago, though I still think at least half of her popularity was just because she was cute.
You saying I'm not cute?

Caramel Frappe said:
I'm always watching your music videos, but I have to comment on this one. The way you sang, and the catchy rhythm of the song just fits so well together that this should be featured on the front page of Itunes or something! Love it, going to even download this into my MP3 and listen to the song. Heck, the words themselves are actually true about what the 'Joker' is trying to say. Good job overall!

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
I sent the video to a friend of mine, one who's not even a comic book sort. His response sums it up perfectly:

"Holy fucking brilliant, Batman!!"

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Joker was always my favorite character in world of Batman.
You captured him perfectly with this song. Just awesome.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
At first I thought your voice wasn't "vile" enough to pull off an insane villain song, but I started liking it towards the end. I found the song to be very enjoyable... Never played Arkham City though.

Also, in my opinion out of the songs I have listened to (Maybe half of the ones on Escapist) this was truly the first time when you made a great song which was videogame -inspired, rather than videogame song. I like it, and wouldn't mind if you would continue along this path.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
I don't even know what's going on here but I can't get it out of my head! Ridiculously addictive. D=
I'm not happy with you, make me keep listening to songs! Why would you do that?

Very nice job on the voice! Doubted it was you at first. =O