Miracle of Sound: Joker's Song (Batman: Arkham City)

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Really liked it, I didn't think it was as good as the Arkham Asylum one though.

EDIT: After giving it a second listen I'd have to say that this is a lot better than I first gave it credit for. Great work.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
You have well and truly out-done yourself. I could go into a huge amount of detail of how it captured the feel of the game, the Joker and his relationship with Batman, and being incredibly catchy, but it's unnecessary. The song speaks for itself.

So yeah, thanks for making my day.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
All I can say that other people haven't already said is... *holds up a ten* for the Joker Voice! w00t!! Rock on Gav!

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
Dang, that was fantastic. I had to double check the credits because I didn't think it was you for a second. You really nailed the voice. And I really like how at certain points, it felt like it was on the brink of insanity but didn't quite get there.

And I am loving the Nightmare Before Christmas feel. I love that movie.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Hey, that was really good.

I couldn't say why, but it strongly reminded me of a disney villain song.

Which I guess is actually very appropriate.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
My gods, Gav, you've outdone yourself again! I need new adjectives to describe how awesome that was. You've perfectly captured this most memorable of duets, and how better to do so than a dance meant for two? Wonderfully done, man.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I hope it's OK if I say that it's easy to imagine Mark Hammill singing this in character.

Max G-v

Aug 15, 2011
I must say, if they inserted this song into the game, i would classify Arkham city as a musical :D

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Jungy 365 said:
Oh, and nice working in with the Killing Joke reference. So will you be putting your videos up on Thursdays now, then?
Yeah - my vids and Encore article will all be coming out on Thursdays from now on. Avoids the heavy ZP traffic!

blackdwarf said:
it felt really odd for me in the beginning because you last songs were all pretty serious and/or epic. (which is good, don't get me wrong) but then to hear this song that is a bit more "fun". which felt really refreshing and only shows how good you are with this stuff.
Next fortnight's song is a fun one too ;)

meganmeave said:
Channeling Danny Elfman, are we? (Val helped me pin down this familiar sound)

!
Yup! I thought it would be quite fitting as he composed the music for the amazing 1990 Batman film, which is closer in tone to Arkham City than the Nolan films.

Delock said:
Also, you seriously have to update your bandcamp so I can give you my money for your newer songs. These need to get on my iPod right now.
Back In Time is up there now - each song goes up 2 weeks after the video is released :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sonicron said:
Dude, changing your voice to resemble Hamill's Joker like that is already impressive - but keeping it that way through an entire song with erratic vocal shifts? I have no words to properly describe my admiration for this accomplishment.
You. Effing. Rule. :D
Thanks buddy :)

RTR said:
I hope it's OK if I say that it's easy to imagine Mark Hammill singing this in character.
I shall take that as a compliment :)

Strain42 said:
Seriously, when does your new album come out again?
All my songs (except this one) are available here: http://miracleofsound.bandcamp.com/

As for hard copy, maybe soon but no plans right now!

purifico said:
The joke is on those who kept saying that you always sound the same in all your songs ;) Did you do the crazy Joker laugh yourself too?
Yep. Did everything!

emeraldrafael said:
Thats a really good joker impersonation. did it take you a long time to get it or did it just come naturally?
The accent was easy enough but getting the right gravel, cackle and vocal tone was very challenging. Had to do a few takes of certain lines!

Neonbob said:
Brilliant, Miracle. :)
You creeped my mom out while I was listening to it, so that's made it a double must-buy song!
Just...fantastic. Thank you for this!
Sorry, Bob's mom! :D

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Neonbob said:
Brilliant, Miracle. :)
You creeped my mom out while I was listening to it, so that's made it a double must-buy song!
Just...fantastic. Thank you for this!
Sorry, Bob's mom! :D
Don't you dare apologize! :p
That was the best part of my day! XD

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
It's not hyperbole to say I've been listening to this song non-stop for the past several hours (well ok, it's slightly hyperbolic, obviously I'm not listening to it for the few seconds when I move the cursor back to the start of it)

See, Miracle of Sound. This is what I love about your songs. I have not played Arkham City, I'm not even that big of a Batman fan (I mean, I have Batman in my blood like everyone does, but I don't buy any of his books or anything) and yet I love this song.

Even when you do songs about games I'm not playing. I enjoy them, because they're well written and have good music set to a good beat. I'm not sure how to properly word this but...I like that your songs capture the game, without necessarily making it feel like the people who played it will appreciate it more. Does that make any sense at all?

I don't know. I like it though lol keep up the good work.

Lexxicator

May 3, 2011
Wow! That's just made my day (and a shitty day it was). But I'm happy now. Thank you, Mr. Joker.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
A brilliant piece... and I'm inclined to think that it doesn't just apply to Batman and the Joker. It could apply to every comic book hero and their villain. Where would one be without the other? The two know each other well, but not well enough to know all their tricks, and it's an unspoken rule that neither one will kill the other; this allows their struggle to last throughout the years (both in-character and from a reader's perspective).

Suffice it to say, this is a fantastic song. ^_^