Miracle of Sound: Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Holy shit. This is definitely way up there, maybe in the top ten.

The only thing that really stood out to criticize was that the last chorus felt a little flat, like it was building something bigger than the other two but didn't follow through. The louder higher vocals almost did that but it still felt on the same level as the rest of it.

That might entirely be preference, though.

Now I really want to hear this with a live orchestra.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Phlakes said:

The only thing that really stood out to criticize was that the last chorus felt a little flat, like it was building something bigger than the other two but didn't follow through. The louder higher vocals almost did that but it still felt on the same level as the rest of it.

That is well spotted and it's because I slightly over compressed the master file so that it was nice and loud for the people watching on laptops/phones etc. The Bandcamp release will be more dynamic :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
maximalist566 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Don't worry, next fortnight's song is an old school, game related, pop-structured lyric-heavy MOS tune about a very special game from last year ;)
Hope that next song will be connected with building walls, setting sail and coming home ;)
It's not Minecraft if that's what you mean! :D

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
I just played that song over my workout routine on the first day growing my goatee. I feel more epic than any man has a right to. Time to chew lead and spit bullets at my enemies.

maximalist566

Jan 10, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
Of course it's not Minecraft, because things I mentioned only happened in the songs, not in game itself. Should have mentioned the announcement of position to your mother in previous post to make it clearer. (Captain Obvious mode really suits me, doesn't it?)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
maximalist566 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Of course it's not Minecraft, because things I mentioned only happened in the songs, not in game itself. Should have mentioned the announcement of position to your mother in previous post to make it clearer. (Captain Obvious mode really suits me, doesn't it?)
Captain Cryptic you mean! Maybe it's because I've had 2 beers in celebration of Ireland's Olympic gold medal but I have no clue what you mean hah! :D

Whoolpurse said:
Get this on bandcamp ASAP. I want this in my playlist, yesterday!
It'll be on Bandcamp tomorrow :)

Whoolpurse

Jul 14, 2008
Also I think this is your best song so far, really well done!
MiracleOfSound said:
maximalist566 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Captain Cryptic you mean! Maybe it's because I've had 2 beers in celebration of Ireland's Olympic gold medal but I have no clue what you mean hah! :D

Whoolpurse said:
Get this on bandcamp ASAP. I want this in my playlist, yesterday!
Thank you kind Sir, Thank you :)

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
More great songs, what would we ever do without you Gav?

I'll once again leave my idea for a LotR based song right about here. I'll also toss in a Borderlands one too.

maximalist566

Jan 10, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
Nice to hear about Ireland success. I celebrate every gold medal that doesn't go to my country.

About being cryptic - okay, I'll try to make it easier. Spike in a Rail; Build That Wall; Mother, I'm Here; Setting Sail, Coming Home. These names should ring a bell even after beer ;)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
maximalist566 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Nice to hear about Ireland success. I celebrate every gold medal that doesn't go to my country.

About being cryptic - okay, I'll try to make it easier. Spike in a Rail; Build That Wall; Mother, I'm Here; Setting Sail, Coming Home. These names should ring a bell even after beer ;)
OK I finally realized what you meant haha :D Hmmmm ..... we shall see if you are right in 14 days ;)

maximalist566

Jan 10, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
OK I finally realized what you meant haha :D Hmmmm ..... we shall see if you are right in 14 days ;)
Glad to here that my awful Russian English can be understood by slightly drunk Irish :D

And about next 14 days.. I hope I'm right, that game was my 2nd favourite of 2011 after Portal 2 ;)

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Phlakes said:

That is well spotted and it's because I slightly over compressed the master file so that it was nice and loud for the people watching on laptops/phones etc. The Bandcamp release will be more dynamic :)
Now I'm even more excited to buy it. Too bad I'll have to wait a...

MiracleOfSound said:
Well then. If I used emoticons there would be lots of happy ones here.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na BATM- wait, this isn't the Batman song. |:[

Still sounded good and epic, even though I'm not a fan of the films.

I was going to make up for my lack of Batman love with a picture of my older brother in his Joker (a la The Dark Knight) wear, but it seems neither I nor he has a picture of it. Wait, maybe his wife does...

... Nope, she doesn't seem to have any either. *grumbles about loosing all the pictures I had before the move*

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I have to admit. The first time I listened to it I wasn't a fan. It sounded too clunky and the lyrics didn't click for me.

However after a couple more listens it's starting to grow on me.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Oh wow, that was epic. Ueber props to Justin, I feel like I've just scene the whole underlying message of the Dark Knight Saga in one four minute video