Miracle of Sound: Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Mistilteinn said:
That was one hell of a song! And the video was spot on with it as well. Seriously, I think this was the most well-made video out of all the others--it just worked beautifully with your song, meshing perfectly with the tone of the song at each moment.
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how this one came together too.

Though I mentioned it over twitter that it may have ruined Nolan for me forever. 10 seconds into the video you can see Ra's standing in the same stance as Bane, with hands grapsing his vest/jacket. I'm convinced that Joker must have done it now as well as some kind of 'Nolan Villain Pose'.

BrotherRool said:
Oh wow, that was epic. Ueber props to Justin, I feel like I've just scene the whole underlying message of the Dark Knight Saga in one four minute video
Thank you, and yes, that was the setup I was going for with the visuals, trying to tell the story of the whole series in a somewhat condensed form.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
It started rather generic but once you started singing it became totally awesome. Keep up the good work, Gav.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Slycne said:
Though I mentioned it over twitter that it may have ruined Nolan for me forever. 10 seconds into the video you can see Ra's standing in the same stance as Bane, with hands grapsing his vest/jacket. I'm convinced that Joker must have done it now as well as some kind of 'Nolan Villain Pose'.

I don't want to spoil too much but suffice to say I think it's a very deliberate red herring ;)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
MiracleOfSound said:
Slycne said:

I don't want to spoil too much but suffice to say I think it's a very deliberate red herring ;)
Yeah, if it's a visual nod to that then it's brilliant and shows why Christopher Nolan is Christopher Nolan. That or it's just his default direction for when he feels the actor needs to do something with their hands.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Yay! Another movie song! DNA kicked ass, so I've been waiting for this, and it also seems like a good way for Gavin to kill time waiting the fall releases. Still hoping we get a Vaas song after Far Cry 3 comes out...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Slycne said:
Yeah, if it's a visual nod to that then it's brilliant and shows why Christopher Nolan is Christopher Nolan. That or it's just his default direction for when he feels the actor needs to do something with their hands.
I felt a lot of the 'flaws' or 'plot holes' in the movie were just Nolan working in metaphors. For example, the day suddenly turning to night just before Batman comes back to Gotham, the 'clunky' fight scenes, the supposed plot hole of a certain person having no apparent way to reach a certain place in a certain time period... etc

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
This is great, very catchy. I love the little throwback to "Mind of The Bat" around the 2:34 mark.

Herrsunk

Apr 2, 2011
Thank you for this song Gav, and others like it (i'm thinking Take It Back and Age Of The Dragon, etc). These are the kind of songs that gets me into the writing mood. The kind of song that gets me to stay up way past reasonable hours and fervently type away for characters that will always rise. Those that fight to stay themselves.

Thank you. Bro snuggles.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
I have to admit, I was skeptical when I first saw DNA pop up, but it turns out you've got as good a feel for movies as you do for games. This is an amazing song. (I'll probably enjoy it more when I actually see the movie tomorrow, heh.)

Even though I'm not objecting to your work during gaming dead season, I'm curious: have you played either of the Crysis games? Do you think you could write a song from them, or is there not enough to work with there?

Mikodite

Dec 8, 2010
Something I like about this song that I've seen in later Gavin songs was that this song has captured the essence of Batman but doesn't scream "I am a song about Batman!" In theory the song could be repurposed to mean something else in a different context. I like that.

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
Hey Gavin, do you like anime/manga? I think a song based on say Death Note could work very well.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Awesome. Everything about that was spot on, from the song to the video clips, and I particularly liked the lyrics, as they were written with the same high standard as the dialogue from the films in my opinion.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Didn't really enjoy this one to be honest, maybe it was because it just felt a bit empty. I liked the running violin part and the lyrics were good too (if a bit cheesy), but it fell a bit short for me.

Climb from the prison
That you've built in your soul
When the night has arisen
Then your legend will be whole

Really liked this bit though, it just rolls off the tongue, and sounds wonderful.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

Rise from the shadows, make a fist of the pain.

Watch Video
You know... I was rather hoping you'd make a song about these movies when you said you were gonna make song's for movies as well.

Holy shit did you knock this song and movie out of the park. I'm just so gop-smacked by this song I just don't know how to put it into words dude.

Amazing work Gav, I would consider this one of your "masterpiece" song's you've made over the past year or so. Also, kudo's to Slycne for putting this video together, it's perfect.

If there's any justice in this world this video would be on the DVD release for the movie. :D

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Love what you did with the song, it feels as if the whole city is chanting to batman during the chorus

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Awesome, instant addition to my favourite songs list. This is why I love Miracle of Sound.

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
I thought that was absolutely amazing! one problem, when the beginning is showing all the enemys...WHY NO SCARECROW?! D:

CyanideSandwich

Aug 5, 2010
When you did Sovngarde Song, I thought "No, there's no way he'll ever top this one". You proved me wrong in astonishing fashion by making a freaking masterpiece based on one of my current favourite films. I can't wait for it to be on Bandcamp, I look forward to paying much more than the asking price :D