Miracle of Sound: Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
MiracleOfSound said:
Yeah that's me doing my posh English voice lol!
So you got the posh English voice here, the cynical English voice for referencing Yahtzee in shooter guy, the folksy Irish voice for anything Skyrim... Planning on doing some voice acting work? On some future Mass Effect DLC or something?

Anyway, awesome song once more, this'll likely end up on my Best Of MoS playlist. I like the songs that are just... Grand. The ones that fill the room even without being played at full volume.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Well now that has been my afternoon gone, listening to it & not getting sick of it, that seems a very good sign to me.

I love it some of your finest work, probably my top 5, i also have to agree the video was superb aswell!!

Put it simply Awesome!

Ticonderoga117

Nov 9, 2009
This song is awesome. I wish I could say something more, but that's all I got, it just is.

The chorus in my opinion is perhaps the best part though, I love that beat.

persephone

Poisoned by Pomegranates
May 2, 2012
I think I've listened to this about fifty times in the past day, and I've gotten my sister addicted to it too. Fantastic work, Gavin! Thanks for making this song!

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

Rise from the shadows, make a fist of the pain.

Watch Video
Im quoting you so you can see me tell you how much I love this song, so here goes.

I goddamn love this song, I'd honestly say its up there with your best, such as New Black Gold, Redemption Blues and Wasteland Soul, if I had a portable music player I would buy this song in a heartbeat. But I dont so :(

But really good job anyway, it really captured the feel of Rises, so much so that I could see it being used as promotional material

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
The_Blue_Rider said:
Im quoting you so you can see me tell you how much I love this song, so here goes.

I goddamn love this song, I'd honestly say its up there with your best, such as New Black Gold, Redemption Blues and Wasteland Soul, if I had a portable music player I would buy this song in a heartbeat. But I dont so :(

But really good job anyway, it really captured the feel of Rises, so much so that I could see it being used as promotional material
Well thank you for letting me know, it's always great to hear positive responses like that :) After some mixed responses on the last few songs it's great to have another that most people enjoy a lot

TheCaptain said:
Anyway, awesome song once more, this'll likely end up on my Best Of MoS playlist. I like the songs that are just... Grand. The ones that fill the room even without being played at full volume.
That's a tricky thing to get right, mixing the song so it sounds full and takes up the whole audio space without it becoming mud - glad you appreciate it :)

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
After finding your Commander Shepard song randomly on the you've fast become one of my favorite, maybe even my favorite, musician of all time. I'm always amazed at the sheer variety of your music. Listening to Kalros, Little sister, and Sovngarde song, then remembering that one guy did all three boggles my mind. Even the lyrics fit perfectly with your songs. You usually find bands/musicians with great lyrics and okay music or great music and okay lyrics but both of yours always fit so well together. You could write a song about katamari and make it seem like the damn odyssey. I think I actually like this song better than the movie.

I should probably stop before I sound like one of the those crazy fans that foam at the mouth :)

I look forward to seeing you live at the escapist expo.

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
Epic song, as always, I'm sure to wandering around the house humming it to myself.

Who does the art for your stuff? Cause it's pretty damn good, and I don't believe you have that much art skill in addition to the music skill, the awesomeness would just melt any person you crammed it into.
Mind you, I'm surprised you're not a pool of gloopy awesome at the moment anyway.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
T0ad 0f Truth said:
After finding your Commander Shepard song randomly on the you've fast become one of my favorite, maybe even my favorite, musician of all time. I'm always amazed at the sheer variety of your music. Listening to Kalros, Little sister, and Sovngarde song, then remembering that one guy did all three boggles my mind. Even the lyrics fit perfectly with your songs. You usually find bands/musicians with great lyrics and okay music or great music and okay lyrics but both of yours always fit so well together. You could write a song about katamari and make it seem like the damn odyssey. I think I actually like this song better than the movie.

I should probably stop before I sound like one of the those crazy fans that foam at the mouth :)

I look forward to seeing you live at the escapist expo.
Thanks for the kind words :) Escapist Expo will be awesome!

maxmanrules said:
Epic song, as always, I'm sure to wandering around the house humming it to myself.

Who does the art for your stuff? Cause it's pretty damn good, and I don't believe you have that much art skill in addition to the music skill, the awesomeness would just melt any person you crammed it into.
Mind you, I'm surprised you're not a pool of gloopy awesome at the moment anyway.
The art is done by this talented fellow http://hieronymus7z.blogspot.ie/

TheBestPieEver

Dec 13, 2011
I've been listening to it since Friday almost non-stop. I can only say, that it is simply genius. The sense of scale, the sense of what's at stake and, for lack of a better word, the epic feel of the song are just incredibly engaging. This song made me go to watch Dark Knight Rises, and also buy the past 2 Christopher Nolan Batman movies. I can only applaud to the masterpiece that this is. This has become one of my favourite songs of all time.

Magicite Spring

Apr 15, 2012
Something weird keeps happening whenever I listen to a new song of yours.

I always seem to dislike the song on the first listen. Actually, maybe dislike is too strong, I always feel that something is off. But then I listen to it a few times and then I start loving the song.

I think its just because every song has a different genre and I subconciously compare every new song to the old ones. So every song starts off not sounding like a Miracle of Sound song to me.

But as I said after a couple of listens I start getting the song. Rise is awesome, Gavin, keep it up! Your songs are amazing and Rise is definately one of the best.

persephone

Poisoned by Pomegranates
May 2, 2012
I have to say, the lyrics to the song are AMAZING. I especially love the bit about "rise from your grief before it grows into your bane." So many levels there! Probably your best lyrics yet, Gavin. And you sung them so amazingly well. Thanks again for this incredible song! :-D

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
TheBestPieEver said:
I've been listening to it since Friday almost non-stop. I can only say, that it is simply genius. The sense of scale, the sense of what's at stake and, for lack of a better word, the epic feel of the song are just incredibly engaging. This song made me go to watch Dark Knight Rises, and also buy the past 2 Christopher Nolan Batman movies. I can only applaud to the masterpiece that this is. This has become one of my favourite songs of all time.
Yeah, I pretty much dug out "Batman Rises" and "The Dark Knight" and watched them back to back after listening to this song for a bit now.
Diablo1099 said:
I never really watch Miracle of Sound and I was even putting this one off....
I regret everything....
It's ok my son, you are forgiven your past deeds~

I was the same, just wasn't sure what the whole program was about till I watched "Necromorph Soup" and then I became a fan of the series. :D

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
I thought that was absolutely amazing! one problem, when the beginning is showing all the enemys...WHY NO SCARECROW?! D:
because he was a puppet. Plus he didn't want to watch Gothan burn like all the others. That's what I am guessing.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Ah, now this is more like it! I confess, I was kind of starting to get worried after Kalros, DNA and Hengsha. This was very epic though. The chorus was kind of unusual, somehow.