Miracle of Sound: Roll Out (Transformers)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Roll Out (Transformers)

Pedal to metal time to kick some chrome! Spoilers for Tranformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Watch Video

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
Ok, I may need a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor and stop drooling...THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! I've been waiting for a Transformers song for so long and it was so much better than I could have imagined. It seemed like there were a few different styles incorporated and they all flowed and meshed together so well...Brilliant work!

Agente L

Apr 4, 2010
This rhythm reminds me of some other music, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

But amazing one nonetheless gavin. Keep going.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
phoenixbeast said:
Ok, I may need a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor and stop drooling...THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! I've been waiting for a Transformers song for so long and it was so much better than I could have imagined. It seemed like there were a few different styles incorporated and they all flowed and meshed together so well...Brilliant work!
It was nice to have the extra 2 weeks to work on this one. I think it shows in the production in that I was able to try a lot of different ideas and mix it up a bit.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I grew up on and only watched Beast Wars, but hell, I enjoyed this a bunch.

Also, I see that you jabbed the Bay films there (I'll admit though, I did enjoy the first).

And just curious, but how come the article/thread is posted by Team Hollywood and not Mr. Dunne as usual
EDIT: Hey, you changed it to Gav being the poster to make me look the fool. STOP IT IRISH!

;p

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Was that a bit of a Vince Dicola homage in the synths there Gav? Awsome song! Loved it.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Quite awesome. I have very little knowledge of the original Transformer series (Beast Wars for me), and some of the lyrics went over my head, but dammit that was entirely the point: this is a labour of love, and I have to say, that chorus? You really put so much genuine enjoyment into it, you could tell there was love for the source material there. Again, I don't know the series, but don't let that get in the way of a great song intended for fans of the series. I'm still going to be playing this song on loop for the next month though, be sure of that!

PS, as soon as I saw you had done a Transformers song I knew Soundwave would work his way in there, cause... well your profile. He certainly did not disappoint.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I didn't like the start of the song, but after that it was really good. I especially like the part in the middle where you stated singing about decepticons. Very well done. Thanks!

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
So good I played it twice! Nice work Gav.

EDIT; Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.

Kazam24a

Oct 17, 2011
Am i the only one who heard "we're gonna blow these stinkin cunts away" in stead of cons....

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Those cartoon cuts really brought back nostalgia,thanks for that Gavin!

Another great addition to the collection.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
Hawk of Battle said:
Just noticed one thing though, shouldn't it be Berylium Baloney, not veridium.
Ya, I think you got that right if memory serves. Although we could both just be full of cesium salami.

Really loved that song, once I saw a transformers song I got really excited and I love how it keeps the nice nostalgic feel but still feels different enough that it's not just a straight clone. Great work as always!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Kazam24a said:
Am i the only one who heard "we're gonna blow these stinkin cunts away" in stead of cons....
Hopefully yes. T's are a sharp noise to pronounce and thus rather hard to miss or ignore, so you're really stretching to find something funny there.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
This is now one of my favourite songs of yours. If this is what we get when you get more time to perfect the song please take as much time as you need.

I loved how you incorporated the transforming sound effect into the song, and the Soundwave part. And even though it was only two words, your Optimus Prime voice was practically spot on.

Kazam24a

Oct 17, 2011
Slycne said:
Kazam24a said:
Hopefully yes. T's are a sharp noise to pronounce and thus rather hard to miss or ignore, so you're really stretching to find something funny there.
I was being sincere not looking for a laugh... I was working while listening to it and heard what i thought was c*nt the first time (once again not really paying attention) I had to scroll down and read the lyric. Although c*nt does work nicely ha!

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Okay, wasn't expecting the vocoder-like effect for Soundwave to be that close to the original. A lot of things don't get it right. Hell, I remember once when Robot Chicken had Frank Welker and they couldn't make Soundwave sound better than Dr. Claw in an echo chamber.

Kazam24a said:
I think I can safely say "Yes".