Miracle of Sound: Wheatley's Song (Portal 2)

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
My first thought
Doing a funny song about Portal? Wow, you're brave, knowing the comparisons that might be drawn to those songs.

Second thought (after watching the video)
That was actually really good. Funny and catchy. And speaking as a brit, I thought the accent was good.

Sooo... will this be your audition tape to Valve when they're looking for a song for Portal 3?

pretentiousname01

Sep 30, 2009
Well done sir. Didn't quite care for the bulletstorm song. All the rest were fantastic.

Also I loved the 30 seconds of "OMG SPOILERS DON'T WATCH THIS" is it bad that I read them in wheatly's voice?

Isan

Aug 13, 2008
I'm kinda conflicted about this one:

the lines:
"So don't call me a moron
I'm super astute"
make a great, warm, creamy feeling well up inside me ^^

but then along comes
"My IQ's the infinite space from here to the moon"
and Oh dear, the cream has turned to cheese, and not the good kind of cheese; the kind of cheese my fridge makes when I leave cream in it for too long.

Otherwise GJ
I love how you tailor the style of every song to the game - heroic for DA, joyful for MC, etc. And you've done just as good a job with this one :)

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Loved it. The little references made it a nice treat, and even if you didn't play the game, it's still a good song to listen to. I think that's one of the best parts of your songs: even if you didn't play them, it's still a good song, but it's made even better when you actually have.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I loved this! Wheatly is the best!

The chorus really reminds me of something, though I can't put my finger on it. I'll think of it eventually.

JourneyThroughHell said:
Sooo, you really like doing happy songs, don't you?

And this one sounds really familiar. The lyrics, still, are totally great.
Hey! What happened to the Miami Vice avatar?

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
It's one of the greatest Portal remixes I've ever heard. It's wonderfully entertaining to listen to.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I still preferred Commander Shepard and Minecraft.

Sorry...

Tynermeister

Feb 10, 2011
I frickin' love this section. :D Please don't let this go the way of ENN or (hopefully) Jimquisition.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Awesome stuff. Loved the song and the spoiler warning was funny as hell.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
meganmeave said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Sooo, you really like doing happy songs, don't you?

And this one sounds really familiar. The lyrics, still, are totally great.
Hey! What happened to the Miami Vice avatar?
I (and, subsequently, my avatar) have fallen victim to the L.A. Noire fever.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Ha! That was fun. ^^

Thanks for the hilarious spoiler warning; I'll check out the video once I've played the game... in a few months or so. I'm not much of a co-op guy, so despite good reviews I don't think I want to pay full price for Portal 2, I'll wait until it's down to 30 bucks.

My rambling aside, this is yet another very good song. Seriously, every new track makes me yearn more for that inevitable CD.

Leafshinobi7

Sep 23, 2009
Enjoyable. Still I haven't enjoyed anything you've done for Escapist as much as your Youtube work. Particularly "I Suck at Call of Duty" and "Gordon Freeman Saved my life."

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
This one is my absolute favorite so far. Just so dang catchy and adorable!
I'm with Susan on this one. My favourite for all this time has been Gordon Freeman, but this is just brilliant.
I tip my hat to you good sir, and please keep up the good work. You are an amazing fellow. Might I suggest doing a Mount & Blade song? If only because I'll be playing it for the next two weeks or so.
MiracleOfSound said:
A Curious Fellow said:
Jesus Miracle, THANK YOU for the spoiler warning. I'll check out the song and rave about it after I've played the game.
There are no spoilers in the song, only the video.
First, I thought the accent was pretty good, but I probably don't know what I'm talking about... Sorry.
Second, that spoiler warning made me laugh so much, thank you for that.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
I really liked that!

Anyone else get a Dave Greenslade vibe from it? or is it just me?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
This one is my absolute favorite so far. Just so dang catchy and adorable!
Agree with Susan! Fantastic, catchy, and funny - Another hit! :D

Also, I think you nailed the accent, and it only added much awesome to an already awesome song!

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
After that music I am pretty sure that Miracle is actually a evil AI, that controls us through that so called "Fallout Song"...

Good song though.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
If he was still alive...

This would have been Bin Laden's favorite MoS song, for sure.

Good job. Terrible accent, though. But it didn't detract from the song too much.
I thought he sounded like the singer from Madness (at least the way he sounded for the song "Michael Caine"). The whole song kind of sounded Madnessy.
From me that's a complement... I love Madness.
Also, I think Bin Laden's favorite MoS song would be "I Suck at Call of Duty."

Wheatly was funny but I think I liked Cave Johnson more. I mean, he says what we're all thinking.