Mirror's Edge 2 Announced

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
There are not enough words in the English language describe the sheer amount of joy I am feeling about this...

excuse me while I change my pants...

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
synobal said:
I liked the escapist more when videos didn't autoplay. This is the only game I might of bought. A shame it's being put out by EA.
Much like the first one? Who did you expect to make it?

Looking forward to this. It's about damn time.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
People have been waiting for this for a long time. I'm not sure if that's because they genuinely think Mirror's Edge 2 would be a good game or to see if EA would completely miss the appeal of their own game and ruin it with GUNZ N' CO-OP.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
I actually really liked the "coming... when it's ready" line at the end. Even though I'm sure we can all name a bunch of games that went through extended development times and turned out rubbish (without even resorting to DNF) I'm still encouraged by the thought that the studio will be given time to polish this game to a mirror finish =)

And yes, the trailer did show a bit more combat than I would've prefered but the run across the walkway and slide under the door did look very pretty. This plus Beyond Good and Evil 2 ( if the leaks are right) have me stoked about this E3, at least in terms of games.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Mordekaien said:
Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck.....

After, watching that trailer, I'm kind off worried though- too much combat for my liking, and that was, sadly, the weakest point in the first game. I would rather see some actual freerunning.
Well since this is the initial trailer, we were bound to get a presentation that was more... shall we say "crowd friendly?" And I actually liked the combat in general. It was the gunplay that sucked in Mirror's Edge, which you will notice there was none of. That alone tells me that they actually have listened to criticism, if only enough not to make a trailer that makes all the old fans groan in disappointment at first glance.

Kyrdra

May 19, 2013
AxelxGabriel said:
How the hell was Mirror's Edge successful in anyway to warrant a sequel?
loud enough screeming fans?

I dont care. I just have to put my voice in the chorus:
Please dont suck. Please dont suck. Please dont suck. Please dont suck. Please dont suck. Please dont suck. Please dont suck. Please dont suck. Please dont suck. Please dont suck.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Joy! The original was very underrated. I hope we don't a get a simplified half arsed version :p
[small] Also luv dat sountrack[/small]

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Scars Unseen said:
Well since this is the initial trailer, we were bound to get a presentation that was more... shall we say "crowd friendly?" And I actually liked the combat in general. It was the gunplay that sucked in Mirror's Edge, which you will notice there was none of. That alone tells me that they actually have listened to criticism, if only enough not to make a trailer that makes all the old fans groan in disappointment at first glance.
I played it on PC with mouse and keyboard, so I didn't really have an issue with the gunplay. My main problem with the combat was that the game trained you to run away when people are shooting at you, then it threw you in those situations about once an hour when that wasn't an option, and you did actually have to rush the bad guys.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
Oh god, its beautiful. I don't care about anything else this week.

If its a prequel is it going to be based off the comic? The comic is really good and gives a lot more context.

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
Akalabeth said:
guitarsniper said:
Things I didn't like:
too much combat footage, not enough running footage (don't know if that's simply trailer shenanigans or representative of the game)
Don't know why you wouldn't like that.
The thing is, the running in the first game worked. The combat was shit.
So seeing better combat is good.
I don't necessarily agree with "seeing better combat". Trailers, especially ones like this, don't necessarily show you how it'll feel to play the combat. And I was more worried that the running:fighting ratio in the trailer will be representative of the finished product. I hope not, but it's a concern of mine.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
AxelxGabriel said:
More than two million copies sold...

OT: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee...

If this is revealed to be Xbone exclusive at E3, I will set EA's offices on fire. All of them.

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
lacktheknack said:
AxelxGabriel said:

If this is revealed to be Xbone exclusive at E3, I will set EA's offices on fire. All of them.
It won't. Twitter and facebook accounts both say XBone, PC, and PS4

obedai

Mar 19, 2010
Guys. Guys. Guys. I don't think you understand how much I can't handle this right now... I AM SO EXCITED!

But in all seriousness, I don't think there is any game that needed a sequel more than Mirror's Edge. If they learned from all the feedback given since the first game's release, this game will be unbelievable.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
guitarsniper said:
lacktheknack said:
AxelxGabriel said:

It won't. Twitter and facebook accounts both say XBone, PC, and PS4
Well, in that case, LET THE RAINBOW VOMITING BEGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

The only way they could really mess this up is removing the pacifist options in the first game, but DICE know what they're doing.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
Three things they HAVE to avoid this time.

No dead ends that result in combat sections before you can pass on.
Multiple pathways through levels to allow true free running.
Make combat entirely optional, the most difficult running path should take you past them and avoid the confrontation.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Scars Unseen said:
synobal said:
I liked the escapist more when videos didn't autoplay. This is the only game I might of bought. A shame it's being put out by EA.

Ya the first one was before I stopped buying their games.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
synobal said:
Scars Unseen said:
synobal said:

Ya the first one was before I stopped buying their games.
*shrug* Your loss then if the game turns out to be good. If that's a personal choice, then that's fine, but if you're trying to "vote with your wallet," then we have different views on how that works. I buy games of the type I want to see more of. If I don't buy a game that I want to play, that is me telling that publisher not to finance a game like that again, which is kind of the opposite of what I want to happen.