MMO's That Should Exist...But Don't.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Jiffex said:
Witty Name Here said:
Pokémon is a given, honestly I think it would potentially be one of the most popular MMOs on the market if it were ever made.

Hmm, I'd also like to see an MMO in the harry potter universe as previously mentioned.

Maybe an Assassin's creed MMO? If done right, it has a LOT of potential.
Check out PokeMMO. It's still in Alpha but it's pretty good, based in Kanto with plans to implement other regions in the distant future.

I'd like to see a Marvel MMO similar to DCUO, which I've been playing a lot of recently, mostly because I know more about Marvel than DC.
Had a 'marvel' MMO, it was called 'City of Heroes', but if you mean 'licensed by marvel' I could get into that, if nothing else from a 'diversity in powers' stand point, it'd be way better

RomanceIsDead

Aug 19, 2011
Dragonball Z..(not the s***y one they made that was for kids).

You can be a saiyan, namekian, human, majin(think majin buu), android(think cell or 16,17,18), alien(think freeza), or mutant(think ginyu force).

I think it would be so awesome.

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
Tabula Rasa II.
The first was a game before its time (as well as my favorite MMO to date) and I think it could be expanded on and be the best MMO on the market.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I'd probably play a Halo based MMO, but only if I could be a Grunt. Otherwise I wouldn't be interested.
Other than that I can't really think of anything I'd want to see, Guild Wars (and Guild Wars 2) is the only MMO I've played a lot.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I've always wanted a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory MMO. The server populations would have to be smallish, but being able to be a farmer, adventurer, hunter, gatherer, fisherman, part-time employee, miner, lumberjack, horse jockey, shopkeeper... endless class possibilities and an economy run solely by the players. I would so pay for that with the bright, happy graphics and such.

Edit: Have a little plot and little house and slowly upgrade them, different outfits, 'marry' someone to share money and share a house, adopt pets, have children for slave labour, do quests for the townsfolk...

I'm such a girl sometimes, but I want this idea made so bad.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Three words my gaming brethren.

World.

Of.

Mana.

Yeah, that's right. The Mana series. You don't think it'd be epic?

Mana Beast raid boss!
I would even pay for that,come on square drop the FF online and make this happen

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
Lucyfer86 said:
World of Starcraft, simply because Starcraft > Warcraft.
Project Titan. Heard it here first!

Legion said:
Fallout needs an MMO, and may very well get one.
It's already in the works, now that the legal battle between Bethesda and Interplay is done. Thank God Bethesda won, though I guess we'll see with Elder Scrolls Online if they can actually deliver in the genre.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
A good pirate MMO. complete with good ship combat and good player vs player combat.
really, why doesn't this exist? Pirates are awesome. come on now! make it happen. chop,chop

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
IndomitableSam said:
I've always wanted a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory MMO. The server populations would have to be smallish, but being able to be a farmer, adventurer, hunter, gatherer, fisherman, part-time employee, miner, lumberjack, horse jockey, shopkeeper... endless class possibilities and an economy run solely by the players. I would so pay for that with the bright, happy graphics and such.

Edit: Have a little plot and little house and slowly upgrade them, different outfits, 'marry' someone to share money and share a house, adopt pets, have children for slave labour, do quests for the townsfolk...

I'm such a girl sometimes, but I want this idea made so bad.
Hmm, a harvest moon MMO doesn't sound to bad actually. although that marry, adopt and have children isn't that important for me though xD.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Witty Name Here said:
Pokémon is a given, honestly I think it would potentially be one of the most popular MMOs on the market if it were ever made.
Damn, ninja'd!

Pokémon and a World of Starcraft game would be nice.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Discworld.

I've talked about my ideal Discworld MMO a million years ago. The Drum (mended or otherwise) would be a great place for PVP. I'd also love to do quests for UU, Assassin's Guild, Fools Guild, etc. Also dying would be awesome because Death of the Discworld is my all-time favorite representation of Death. He'd probably come to reap your soul and then get curious as he often does.

Other than that Pokemon, Harry Potter, Starcraft...Make it so.

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
I would be cautiously optimistic about a Persona MMO
The classes would be the first 12 arcana *starting from Magician, no one gets to be of the fool arcana*
You would level up normally, and have 8 available skill slots, a regular attack, and a guard option that would disable the use of your persona while it is held down yet would reduce incoming damage by half. The character design would be similar to Guild Wars 2, yet a lot more thorough in that the choices you make have a lot more effect on your personal story line and what persona you would receive. Half way through the personal story line, you would undergo a revelation of sorts, and receive your prime persona, and at 100%, your Ultimate persona. At that point a new group story begins in which you take on whatever the big bad of the day is.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Yellowfish said:
Demon ID said:
I would play as an Imperial Guard just to see if I'd be able to kill anyone.
Actually, it's theoretically possible to balance that. Like, allowing IG player characters to command a squad consisting of NPCs, making them an iteration of the summoner classes from fantasy MMOs. Although I've never heard of an MMO where you can shoot one of your NPC helpers in the face to make others fight harder. That, or making them able to hop into a tank like you said.

OT: I'd totally play an MMO based on Terry Pratchett's books. The problem is that you can't really make a modern MMO out of Discworld, because modern MMOs are too combat-oriented, with virtually no possibilities for roleplay (with LotRO and EQ2 being possible exeptions) and all non-combat activities being shallow and token.

Also, something completely devoid of any form of combat. And maybe grind. Like a game about colonising some distant planet, with players being the colonists who need to explore the world and manage their society, all wwhile maintaining the infrastucture of the colony.
That could work but it would be almost impossible to balance Chaos and Eldar once you take Farseers and Sorcerers into account.

OT:
The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher could work. Modern day world, with at least 10 factions (Vampires, wizards, faries, Fallen Angels) all of them at war with each other. But as cool as it would be it also would be impossible to balance.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Towowo said:
I don't mean to sound rude or anything but why does everyone think a Pokemon MMO would actually work in any sustainable format? You'd have a game that would be completed dominated by people who enjoy competitive battling and pretty much leaving everyone else in the dust. The gameplay format would have to be changed entirely for that to not to be a possibility. A game revolving completely on capturing Pokemon and battling other people wouldn't keep people too interested for too long before they start wondering why doing these things needed to be done in an MMO.
There actually is already a Pokemmo that is pretty well done, though is basically just a server where people play fire red together. They can trade, battle, and talk, and that's the only point to the mmo part.

I will have to say that most of the mmo ideas people have seem a little impracticle, like Shadow of the Colossus. So is the game just a giant mmo for raiding? If so, what's the point, other than to take down giant monsters? Is there loot? If so, how would fighting the colossi be done? It couldn't be how it normally is, as anytime someone gets near the colossus it will start to shake about, so if someone else tried to get on, they wouldn't be able to. There's so much more to creating an effective mmo, and not all games will translate. Maybe the same universe could be used, but besides that, the game would be completely different from the base game, and so why shouldn't they just make their own universe? Maybe I'm just pessemistic, but not every single game will translate well to an mmo.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Guffe said:
Witty Name Here said:
NNYYYYAAAHAHHHAHAHAIFNSDBGSJBKBK!!!!!
YESYESYEYSYESYEYS!!!
I usually start raging when someone ninjas me but this laternative is so GOD-LIKE that I just must praise someone else fro thinking about this :)
Then again, it has been done, go type "pokemon MMO" into google.
It seems nice and all althou it basically is just a MOD but I would have such sweet plans for how to make a proper Pokemon MMO :D
But there is Pokemon MMORPG...