MMO's That Should Exist...But Don't.

Jun 16, 2010
I always thought a Grand Theft Auto MMO would be cool.
All Points Bulletin was a decent attempt, but that wasn't really an MMO because each "mission" was just like a standard match with a limited number of players, and when you're not in a mission you can't really interact with anyone. It's a fake sandbox.

I want something kinda like Planetside 2 crossed with Saints Row. A huge city where pretty much everyone's on their own, and there's just mayhem everywhere. The criminals commit crimes to earn money, and the law enforcers have to put a stop to them. You could even have civilian players who are just trying to run a business (and maybe sell stolen guns and ammo on the side). There's just so much room for making your own fun.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Father Time said:
CommanderL said:
Father Time said:
Ziodyne64 said:
I want the Harry Potter MMO to be a huge world with Hogwarts, Hogsmead, The Burrow, Privet Drive, the Ministry of Magic, any major place in the Harry Potter universe. I want quests, I want classes to learn new spells, I want hidden collectibles like spell books and clothes. I want epic battles with the Death Eaters, and finally, I want it on PS3, Xbox, PC, Mac, anything with a screen, and then, I just want it.
Problem with that is that once you graduate Hogwarts (which I'm guessing won't take 7 real world years) you need something else to do. That's why it should be the entire wizarding world.

I'm not even a big Harry Potter fan (stopped reading after book 4 because I found a series I liked better, and I still haven't seen the movies after 4). And yet I would love to play a sandbox Hogwarts game. Failing that, an MMO would be nice too.

You know if it's going to be an MMO with Hogwarts in it, maybe they could take some elements from Bully.

A better Idea The hogwarts part is like the starting level you go through hogwarts learn skills and taking classes that interest you then go into careers of your choosing Join the Minstry as an aurour or Starting a shop in diagon alley heck even joining the death eaters It will have a persistent world and there would be no classes you spec the way you want to play and learn spells that suit you
A lot of people will want to spend a lot of time in Hogwarts. Maybe the first couple classes or so could be a tutorial then after that you can choose to stay or you can leave at any time to set up shop, then re-enroll if you want.

I quess you could make it so after you graduate after a minimum of five years you could come back as a teacher or something

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
I'm honestly flabbergasted this doesn't exist yet:

A spaceflight simulator that isn't the game version of Excel.

If someone could actually make a fun version of EVE Online, they could have people lining up at the door to get in, since the market is pretty underwhelming at the moment. The fact it takes place in space means that most of the content you can come up with will be far more original than any of the companies emulating World of Warcraft.

Make the game physics based where you can push or tow meteorites and slam them into enemy held planets, or mass resources for gargantuan rockets that can push planets out of orbit and into nearby stars, or create black holes which can swallow planets and stars whole. With a bit of random generation, you can make new solar systems for players to tear apart for battle resources.

I really don't understand how EVE has remained unchallenged for so many years. Is it so difficult for MMO developers to come up with better ideas than 'spreadsheets with graphics'? I really cannot express my frustration over seeing an unending deluge of hotkey combat WoW-likes, especially as someone who has really enjoyed MMOs in the past. Looking through the crop for the last couple of years is very disheartening.

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
Newtonyd said:

If someone could actually make a fun version of EVE Online, they could have people lining up at the door to get in, since the market is pretty underwhelming at the moment. The fact it takes place in space means that most of the content you can come up with will be far more original than any of the companies emulating World of Warcraft.

Make the game physics based where you can push or tow meteorites and slam them into enemy held planets, or mass resources for gargantuan rockets that can push planets out of orbit and into nearby stars, or create black holes which can swallow planets and stars whole. With a bit of random generation, you can make new solar systems for players to tear apart for battle resources.

I really don't understand how EVE has remained unchallenged for so many years. Is it so difficult for MMO developers to come up with better ideas than 'spreadsheets with graphics'? I really cannot express my frustration over seeing an unending deluge of hotkey combat WoW-likes, especially as someone who has really enjoyed MMOs in the past. Looking through the crop for the last couple of years is very disheartening.
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

It's coming. :p

Captcha : fast and loose - must know my ex

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
AldUK said:
Newtonyd said:

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

It's coming. :p

Captcha : fast and loose - must know my ex
That's pretty reassuring to see. It might not have the physics fun that I imagine, but it's certainly better than nothing. Moreover, if the game takes off it will spark more interest in the Space sim genre.

Thanks for the link. God I love Kickstarter, it has found funding for some of my favorite projects.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Souplex said:
As much as I hate the Pookeymanns, the franchise seems perfectly tailored to an MMO.
But apparently Nintendo hates money.
I would play this MMO if it were a thing.

Satan

Dec 10, 2012
Perhaps a proper elder scrolls/ fallout one not that generic one they're making; one in first person!

Sep 13, 2009
Ziodyne64 said:
Just had another great idea: Borderlands MMO...OH! SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS MMO! Several warriors running around in the huge world, (With other creatures to fight other than the colossi, perhaps shadow creatures and other such things) And incredibly complicated bosses that require a group of people to take down. This will happen...Now...okay probably not, but it would be awesome.
Actually SotC started as an MMO, but that was dropped early in production. Let's see if I can find the video of what it would look like...

OT: I've never managed to get into MMOs, I vastly prefer co-op gameplay. Why do I need thousands of people around me that I'll just ignore when I could just play with the 2 or 3 people I intend to play with? Eve Online sounds like a good system for an MMO though, as it actually puts everyone to use even if I ignore them. If I had to choose a game to turn into an MMO... I'd say Dark Souls. A combat system like that with a world full of people would be pretty cool

EDIT: Aha! Found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeBpRiWGdWg

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
A Tales series MMO!

Mainly just because I love the series but the race and class work has pretty much already been done, as has weapons and armor, obviously a new story would have to be created but you could base it in one of the already established worlds, Tales of Symphonia would make a great MMO universe, you already have 2 factions (Sylvarant and tethe'alla).

It could use similiar 'rifting' open world pvp like Aion (moving from 1 world to the other in certain small mana rich areas), pvp story incentives are simple, you are trying to save your respective world.

I was a big fan of aion so alot of my ideas would draw from it but again you already have a 3rd NPC faction, Cruxis and/or the desians.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Sacred MMO. Why not? It's already a huge, interesting, open world bleeding out quests in every direction and with tonnes of secrets and easter eggs (I've been playing Sacred 2 on and off for over a year and I've only just gotten to the second region).
A dozen character classes (bring them back from Sacred 1 as well), vast swathes of magical, unique and set armour and weapons, enemies who respawn every few minutes, a... there's really no reason not to make this one.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well I would of like to seen a Bionicle MMORPG, granted not a kiddy game, a proper game. You get to build your own Toa and you own your own island. The island move about so you do bump into other Toa's and their islands aswell. Likewise you can team up with five others and do mission and etc.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
-A minecraft-like creative game where the cities people make are actually inhabited and have some use to their owners
-More FPS/RTS crossovers like Savage 2

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
Discworld.

I've talked about my ideal Discworld MMO a million years ago. The Drum (mended or otherwise) would be a great place for PVP. I'd also love to do quests for UU, Assassin's Guild, Fools Guild, etc. Also dying would be awesome because Death of the Discworld is my all-time favorite representation of Death. He'd probably come to reap your soul and then get curious as he often does.

Other than that Pokemon, Harry Potter, Starcraft...Make it so.

Hmmmm, a Discworld MMO?

I think that would be interesting.

But I would demand that one of the bosses (End world or otherwise)to be those pesky Auditors.

I would also play it to see if certain NPC's are there.

adam352

Jan 11, 2010
Davey Woo said:
I'd probably play a Halo based MMO, but only if I could be a Grunt. Otherwise I wouldn't be interested.
Other than that I can't really think of anything I'd want to see, Guild Wars (and Guild Wars 2) is the only MMO I've played a lot.
Pirates of the burning sea.

FTP MMO, was ok when I played it a while back

C_sector

Jan 7, 2010
i think, the albion from the fable franchise would make an excellent MMO.... quests could be offered at the guild and other NPC's.... your allignment determines which side your on on PVP.. light Vs dark. Also, the pokemon series would make an awsome MMO... though i doubt that i am the only person to mention that ;).

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I would like to see less MMOs and instead a return to private MP servers. I remember the days of Neverwinter Nights and Freelancer - being able to run your own server for your circle of friends or community is a lot more enjoyable than having to share the fun with hundreds of strangers in my opinion.