Modders Recreate Halo Deathmatch in Minecraft

XCoDslayerX

Jan 29, 2011
When I first played minecraft I thought that it was ok and there was no real reason why people think it is so great and then after 5 miniutes I became addicted to it even more than I became addicted to Dr. pepper when I bought it in a new store in Australia!

Sendura

Jan 14, 2011
Love it.

I recently bought Minecraft myslef. It's so non-linear, I can just play it for hours and hours on end and when I get bored, I just start a brand new game and try something completely and utterly different. I felt gob smacked when the game sort of chucked me into it and said "There ya go, here's a world. Go and do what the hell you want with it and have fun. Bye." But after watching a few tutorials about how to get started, I quickly got addicted.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Daemascus said:
Is there anything minecraft cant do?
Bore you to bricks. or kill you.

Seriously, this is impressive. If minecraft had mod support then I would have whined how they combined a bad game with a good one but since there is no modding support, this gets awesome from me....for now.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Technical feat aside, nothing says "creative bankruptcy" like using Minecraft to recreate Halo.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
LitleWaffle said:
sycoesis said:
BabySinclair said:
Yeah, next thing you know we'll be playing the campaign in Minecraft too
on that thought the flood would be an interesting mob for minecraft a self replicating nighttime enemy
Nightmare Enemy = The Creepers

Have you ever been ninja'd by one of those things? If you haven't you'll understand when it does...

[small]And it will...[/small]

Thank you, now I can never build a pillow fort ever again, the last ounce of my childhood has died.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Aaron.R said:
So, what they've done is taken what I understand to be a pretty unique and quirky game and used it to recreate one of the blandest and most streamlined experiences available in gaming? Time well spent.
It's so true actually, the clip isn't even 2 minutes long and I was bored rigid half way in, they even made the damn level all gray.

Where did all the minecraft magic go?
Why isn't there explosives that blow away walls and animals to heal you and building and crafting,... imagine you can build your own crows nest and imagine you can blow up other peoples shit, and craft more armor/weapons/explosives, now that I would love to play.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
standokan said:
Haha, you still have to aim like its a bow ^,^
That's because it is the bow, simply switch bow texture to assault rifle, arrows to bullets, change bow to riffle sound and up the fire rate.

But it would be infinitely more fun if they made a rocket launcher out of it, replacing arrows for active TNT, then do some... radical reconstruction

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I dunno- looks like it'd get old pretty quick. Now if you could BUILD during multiplayer halo.... now there's something...

Freemon

Nov 18, 2009
Aaron.R said:
(...)

To be fair, it's technically impressive, but seems kind of pointless. I mean, it definitely showcases the diversity of Minecraft's engine (after it's been hacked to pieces) for future modders who might be a bit more creative. But I don't understand people going "Oh wowza, gosh I hope they make this map from Halo with this feature from Halo. Then I can pretend I'm playing Halo!" Halo already exists in many basically identical iterations, so just go play Halo.
Stuff like this is not about wanting to play halo on minecraft. It's about trying to recreate it on minecraft. It's not about halo itself but the challenge of making it work on a completely different game.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Wow. What can't minecraft do???

I may not be running to download this mod, but it sure made me laugh.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Daemascus said:
WrongSprite said:
Daemascus said:
Is there anything minecraft cant do?
Look pretty.

Sorry, but I have a point.
You have completely missed the point.
No, I haven't.

You said is there anything it can't do.
That's something.

I don't care if it ain't pretty, I still like it, but it isn't.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Not be rude but isn't the point of minecraft to create something new and original not recreate something that's already been done? This is a nice "look at what I can do" test to get your feet wet and clearly shows a lot of effort but its not an advancement yet.