Modders Recreate Halo Deathmatch in Minecraft

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Dude, that would be so easy to do. All that is is a complete reskin, an on-spawn "/kit" command, and a teleport sign with multiple exits that it chooses randomly between.

There was no real modding here (texture changing doesn't count), the guy just took a few hmod plugins and threw em together.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
This thing is amazing, it does thing beyond the capabilities I imagined it had.
its done things beyond the capabilities anyone has imagined. hell, one guy even built a working computer inside of the minecraft world using redstone circuits

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
HG131 said:
Daemascus said:
Is there anything minecraft cant do?
Teleport you into the fictional universe of your choosing into the location and time frame of your choosing so you can go to the exact spot in your favorite work of fiction and live there alongside the characters helping them out and using your knowledge of the future to change things?
Im sure someone is working on that.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
blackguard89 said:
I second that.....though in ,my case it's more like "Must stop building Giant Fortress of doom, with a skull in front, mob traps, and all other stuff"
I'm currently constructing a castle. Might put a giant skull on top of it.

Or a giant penis. We'll see which takes my fancy

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Aaron.R said:
So, what they've done is taken what I understand to be a pretty unique and quirky game and used it to recreate one of the blandest and most streamlined experiences available in gaming? Time well spent.
I don't understand people calling Halo bland. Halo may or may not be "good", but to say it's bland is too completely misunderstand the term.

Daedalus007

Oct 15, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Daemascus said:
Look pretty.

Sorry, but I have a point.
I strongly disagree. Minecraft's elaborate mountains and cliffs can look beautiful from a distance. Even the oceans and islands add a lot to the scenery from an artistic point of view.

Verdilian

Jan 8, 2011
HG131 said:
Daemascus said:
HG131 said:
Daemascus said:
Teleport you into the fictional universe of your choosing into the location and time frame of your choosing so you can go to the exact spot in your favorite work of fiction and live there alongside the characters helping them out and using your knowledge of the future to change things?
Im sure someone is working on that.
If they do, please tell me. I'd by Minecraft just so I could get put into the Buffyverse.
I second the notion. If this happens, someone please alert me so I can buy the game. There are so many worlds I wish to alter/explore...

But anyways, this demonstrates how more wide-open Minecraft is. I never thought that it could be modded up to this point. Let's see how far they can go with this...

PurkinjeFiber

Jan 21, 2011
PlaidHatter said:
The Purple said:
I love how Reddit is a news source these days.
Reddit is a massive aggregation of links; it's about as much of a "news source" as youtube.
I should've been more clear. I meant that the article cited reddit as a news source, and I thought that was ironic.

PlaidHatter

Dec 6, 2010
The Purple said:
PlaidHatter said:
The Purple said:
I love how Reddit is a news source these days.
Reddit is a massive aggregation of links; it's about as much of a "news source" as youtube.
I should've been more clear. I meant that the article cited reddit as a news source, and I thought that was ironic.
Hailing from reddit, it seems that redditors take a particular sense of pride instead. Never have really understood that. Your sarcasm has been noted. :)