Modern Warfare 2 Is GameStop's Most Preordered Game Ever

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
I work in a game store and we've had about 400+ preorders, which is a lot considering we aren't in a major city or anything. In fact the store convinced the mall we are in to let us do a midnight launch for the first time ever. It's that's popular.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
624 said:
Amnestic said:

Quick and dirty.
Mine was better ಠ_ಠ
I did think someone else would do a 'shop, but I didn't think anyone would beat me to the punch :p

Also, NO WAI MAN MY ONE IS BETTER.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
CantFaketheFunk said:
Thanks to the raging controversies surrounding the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 behemoth - GameStop has reported that the title has the most preorders of any game in its history.
Fixed that for you.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Amnestic said:
Quick and dirty.
624 said:
The pre-order scene wasn't as big then as it is now, right? Eh, fuck it: the images are still hilarious, though Amnestic's gets my vote for actually having the text.

I guess that this shows two things: that the pre-ordering scene is getting bigger (sort of obvious, given how many pre-order bonuses are popping up), and that MW2 will sell like hot-cakes.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Meh. I'm preordering it because I preorder quite a few things. Not because it has some apparently godly qualities.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
This is actually kind of ho-hum-ish. I mean, how many people seriously thought that this wouldn't happen? Almost on par with the experiment receintly conducted verifying quantum mechanics to be right as the most unsurprizing news this year.

But still, that Kanye West thing is pure comedic gold.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
In other news, grass is green and people make lots of jokes about Chuck Norris on the internet.

Seriusly though, this isn't very suprising. This is a huge game that is about as popular as Halo 3, but since it's multiplatform, it'll sell like hotcakes in notime.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I wonder how many of those pre-orders are for people under 18.

I also wonder how many of those will be happily fulfilled.
One of those under-age pre-orders would be from me, on play.com

Yay for parents' credit cards!

Also if I don't receive my game on day of release because of the postage strikes I'll be pissed.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
iamq said:
In other news, grass is green and people make lots of jokes about Chuck Norris on the internet.

Seriusly though, this isn't very suprising. This is a huge game that is about as popular as Halo 3, but since it's multiplatform, it'll sell like hotcakes in notime.
Y'know at first I was incredibly suprised it passed Halo 3 in preorders but now that you mention it the multiplatform would definetly give it an edge.

It's is the biggest release since Halo 3 and with it out for 2 systems and PC I guess it does make more sense.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Squid94 said:
Looks like the controversy was a good move after all. Noice one.
Looks like?

When is it not...

People act like controversy has ever effectively fucked with sales.

Advertising maybe...

Sales no.

I would expect if Glenn Beck knows this that everyone on the Escapist should (seeing as everyone here is more intelligent I'd hope)

Jamous said:
Meh. I'm preordering it because I preorder quite a few things. Not because it has some apparently godly qualities.
Be interested in knowing what % of people are in the same boat.

I bet somewhere in the US a group of Military Generals who want to initiate a draft are getting dangerously bloated erections as they think about all the people buying this ;).

Dudeakoff

Jul 22, 2009
If the Steam store 'Top Sellers' list is anything to go by, PC gamers ain't interested. Although I do expect it to jump to the top when it's released, that is until L4D2 arrives.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
JokerboyJordan said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I wonder how many of those pre-orders are for people under 18.

I also wonder how many of those will be happily fulfilled.
One of those under-age pre-orders would be from me, on play.com

Yay for parents' credit cards!

Also if I don't receive my game on day of release because of the postage strikes I'll be pissed.
Same here, but I can wait a day since my GF's b-day is on the same day it comes out.

BUT LET US HIGHFIVE FOr UNDERAGEBUYING!

Just hoping Postal Strike don't effect my Dragon Age.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
I work at a tiny GameStop in a neighborhood that has about 10 all within a 2 mile radius. And we have over 500 pre-orders already. Maybe more, but I think that's what my manager said. We're getting even more every day, too. So yeah, this game is huge and the release is going to big. I don't think I'm working that midnight release, and I don't envy the folks who are. It's going to be a madhouse. :)

dampab

Nov 3, 2009
It seems that the more controversy this game stirs up the more people want it..
well..maybe thats just me..

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
grrr this kinda makes me angry... I know its true but this clearly displays war sells... but whatever congrats for being the best pre order in hinstory etc....