Modern Warfare 2 Is GameStop's Most Preordered Game Ever

Jan 23, 2009
sunami88 said:
I'm shocked.

No, no sarcasm at all. Really, I'm shocked. For cereal. Super-duper cereal... But I digress.

I'm not excited for this game at all. Seems I'm literally the only one.
Youre not.

I'd like to see the figures on PC preorders. A graph over time would be nice tnx.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
THUS PROVING, the petition is a load of crap, and everyone who signed it already preordered the game.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
I don't get it. What's so amazing about this game anyway? I've played Call of Duty games before and they didn't seem like anything that special to me.

Dr.Doctor

Nov 5, 2008
Okay, am I seriously the only one who laughed at "Duty-est"?

Come on.....doodiest.......whatever.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Amnestic said:
Zing89 said:
sunami88 said:
I'm shocked.

No, no sarcasm at all. Really, I'm shocked. For cereal. Super-duper cereal... But I digress.

Nah, I'm with you. I will get it, but not immediately, I'm much more excited for Assassin's Creed 2 and The Saboteur. I'll get MW2 after I buy my new TV and AC2.

It came first, dammit :(
Yeah but it's much more interesting. And I need the TV first. If I were just getting the games I'd get Dragon Age, MW2 and AC2 as they come out. But fuck me TV's are expensive :(

Austichar

Jul 18, 2009
I can't wait for the massive media onslaught over the fact controversial scene. Gonna be real entertaining. I'll be surprised if no main-stream news systems mention it at all.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Zing89 said:
Yeah but it's much more interesting. And I need the TV first. If I were just getting the games I'd get Dragon Age, MW2 and AC2 as they come out. But fuck me TV's are expensive :(
That was me making a very casual moan about how people keep using AC2, when there's already a game which I know as AC2 out, leading to plenty of confusion (for me).

And just use your computer monitor - that's what I did.

Feb 13, 2008
Dyp100 said:
JokerboyJordan said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I wonder how many of those pre-orders are for people under 18.

I also wonder how many of those will be happily fulfilled.
One of those under-age pre-orders would be from me, on play.com

Yay for parents' credit cards!
Same here,
A clear case of Gamestop saying "Screw the rules, we have your money". It's always easier to break records when you don't care about the legal requirements.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
sunami88 said:
I'm shocked.

You don't have to walk alone, I, also, am not atall excited about this game.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Malicious said:
I am so gonna buy that game, its sales will top GTA IV and WoW the way its looking.
That's really not that hard. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games]

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
I have to say I don't get it either.

Tenmar said:
Congrats video game consumers. We have effectively increased the price of video games again from here on out. Look forward to video games costing $70 in the US and $90 in Britain and the rest of the world.
Why do you think this'll cause a price drop? (games are 100$ here right now except for Wii and PC games which are only 70$)

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
This game is going to kill itself from the hype. There is no way in hell that any game ever made could live up to all this hype.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
popdafoo said:
This game is going to kill itself from the hype. There is no way in hell that any game ever made could live up to all this hype.
Here's to hoping it doesnt *crosses fingers* I have confidence they wont. I dont think any development team could forgive themselves if they messed this up =P

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
I feel that i should have pre-ordered by now... but there are so many games i want... someone lend me some money!

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Wasn't there an article a few months ago saying Modern Warfare 2 would seriously be hurt because it didn't have the Call of Duty name tagged on?

Yeah. Good call there industry expert.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Why did they delay games to Spring? Why not Christmas 2010? Presumabley, we would have far less HUGE releases, and if there is a new COD, it'll be made by Treyarch, and who gives two things about them?

Tweens, thats who...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Catkid906 said:
Why did they delay games to Spring? Why not Christmas 2010? Presumabley, we would have far less HUGE releases, and if there is a new COD, it'll be made by Treyarch, and who gives two things about them?

Tweens, thats who...
Because a November release alongside two other high-grade titles (Assassin's Creed 2, Dragon Age: Origins) not to mention other releases up to the Christmas period will all be vying for spots on young lad's and lass' present lists. When your mother tells you you can only have one game off your list of choices, it's risky for sales of a new IP when you're going up against either teams who have been in the RPG making industry for years (Bioware) or sequels to much loved and desired games (MW2, AC2).