Modern Warfare 2 Makes a Resurgence With Five New Maps

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Nah, I like the original maps more and do not wish to get my ass handed to me trying to master the new ones. So, no buy for me. Neither this nor the Stimulation pack. Unless they decide to offer something more than just maps (new perks-guns-killstreaks), I won't be sucked into this. I love the game a bit too much to begin sucking at it again.

The Buck Stops Here

Sep 27, 2009
I sold Modern Warfare 2 at a substantial loss, and I'm glad for it now. 5 maps for 15 bucks is a little annoying, especially with Microsoft's shitty points for cash service that is sold in inherent blocks that make sure you have points you can't spend on anything.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
will1182 said:
Gah, still no Backlot and Shipment. They ignore my favourite CoD4 maps. Although props to them for including Vacant.

Anyway, I don't care. I kicked my addiction and haven't played MW2 since January. That game can burn for all I care. I inagine many people will be complaining about the price, but it'll set a new sales record nonetheless...
oh lord, shipment...with the ammount of abuse currently going on, can you even IMAGINE the wholesome massacre that would happen on that map?^^

medicvalues

May 11, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Maybe they could announce a $10 pack, with 4 new maps...or something like that. Hell, that's what Treyarch did. 3 new versus maps with each pack, and 1 new zombie map with each pack. Replace the zombie maps with a few spec op missions and BAM, there you go.

Ah. I sold my game to Amazon for $30 last weekend anyway. Not too shabby, considering I bought it for $40 from Amazon during the Christmas sale.
sounds good but i have a better idea just change the specact part to actually zombies i might actually go out and buy the full game this time instead of 50% off(got more trading it in than i bought it for ftw)

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Ready to spend fifteen more dollars for five more Modern Warfare 2 maps?

*bends over*

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
It is really the fact that they did it again that amazes me, but the fact that so many people complained and they announced it so early after the first. The stimulus one wasn't even released two weeks ago on PC.

And why does the 360 get everything first? Not that I really give a shit about this game or the 360, but it doesn't seem fair (and yes I know life isn't fair). I could understand why consoles got the map packs earlier than PC for CoD5, but since PC players have to pay for it now too, it doesn't make any sense. Oh well...

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
I don't play, but out of curosity how many maps were in the original game? The way I figure it, there's going to be a third map-pack come say Aug/Sept...so that 15 maps for $45...so are people going to be getting more or less maps than were in the box for MW2? I figure there should have been a good sight less than 15 maps in the original box to justify this...

Oh and as an aside, I played the co-op missions with my mate and loved the co-ops that put one of ye on a plane or helicopter covering the ground assault...why no more of these???

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ever feel they are trying to squeeze what they can from us gamers for little product..

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Kalezian said:
what I dont get:

why the people that dont like this post that they dont like it.

thought: if you dont like something, why post?

OT: I never played Strike, but beyond that I cant wait to see what the three new ones look like.
For that matter why post if you do like it? Do I really care who will buy these maps? Its called using a forum.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
will1182 said:
Kathinka said:
will1182 said:
Gah, still no Backlot and Shipment. They ignore my favourite CoD4 maps. Although props to them for including Vacant.

Anyway, I don't care. I kicked my addiction and haven't played MW2 since January. That game can burn for all I care. I inagine many people will be complaining about the price, but it'll set a new sales record nonetheless...
oh lord, shipment...with the ammount of abuse currently going on, can you even IMAGINE the wholesome massacre that would happen on that map?^^
Oh my god, you're right...that'd never work with MW2 in it's current broken state.

Could you imagine getting an AC130 or something on Shipment? Ugh, it's not pretty to think about.
i think one would not even need that...the typical laming mw2-kiddy wold probably solve it like that:

- equip hardliner
- tube your way to a predator
- switch to danger close via oma (or start with it right away, so you can easyer tube people..have to tube one more though..)
- let loose predator and harrier you subsequently get for sure
- enjoy nuke, win game
- cry yourself to sleep allone, for you know you will not accomplish anything in your life and die a virgin

Insomniaku

Jan 31, 2009
i really dont know why, but I keep buying these JUST to play the old maps again, but then I think to msyelf, what's stopping me from playing CoD4, better weapons? more balance? *sigh*

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Delusibeta said:
Alas, the large quantity of battery fanbois Activision has cultivated...
Masochists? Douchebag teenagers? Whiny 12 year old pubescent shits? Or fratboy assfucks? I never knew Activision had fanboys of any kind.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Seeing as all they have to do is retexure some old maps, i assume more will be out as well.