Modern Warfare 2 Makes a Resurgence With Five New Maps

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
ENKC said:
Legion said:
ENKC said:
Legion said:
I don't care when a developer brings new maps, but it pisses me off when they deliberately leave out maps they had in the last game just so they can bring them out again and re-charge people for them.
'Deliberately leave out maps'? What? Did you expect them to include all the CoD 4 maps free of charge on launch?
Of course. The maps are already made are they not? Should they leave out the guns and game-modes from the game too and then release them again for players?
You do know its a sequel[/], right? It is by no means standard to include all content from previous games in a sequel.

Of course not, but in this case charging for the same maps again is just greedy.

How about this? Anyone with the last game gets a code to give them the old maps for free, anyone who hasn't played the last one pays for the maps.

It rewards people for having played the previous one, while not giving away freebies to those who never played it.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Maybe they could announce a $10 pack, with 4 new maps...or something like that. Hell, that's what Treyarch did. 3 new versus maps with each pack, and 1 new zombie map with each pack. Replace the zombie maps with a few spec op missions and BAM, there you go.

Ah. I sold my game to Amazon for $30 last weekend anyway. Not too shabby, considering I bought it for $40 from Amazon during the Christmas sale.
So... you sold it at the combined price for the Map packs?
Yeah, actually. But I don't give a shit about the map packs, which I bought neither of, so I can put that $30 to better use.
Hmm... last time I check the Orange Box was on Steam for about $30.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Maybe they could announce a $10 pack, with 4 new maps...or something like that. Hell, that's what Treyarch did. 3 new versus maps with each pack, and 1 new zombie map with each pack. Replace the zombie maps with a few spec op missions and BAM, there you go.

Ah. I sold my game to Amazon for $30 last weekend anyway. Not too shabby, considering I bought it for $40 from Amazon during the Christmas sale.
So... you sold it at the combined price for the Map packs?
Yeah, actually. But I don't give a shit about the map packs, which I bought neither of, so I can put that $30 to better use.
Hmm... last time I check the Orange Box was on Steam for about $30.
It's Amazon credit only. But pretty much EVERYTHING is on Amazon. I'll find some use for it.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Modern Warfare 2 Makes a Resurgence With Five Three New Maps (and two old ones).
Yeah, fixed for great justice. But my favourite quote:

'Bowling says it's going to be pretty fun when players are taking fire "from a giant clown mouth." '

Yeah, thanks Bowling, that is exactly the bullshit people expect in a call of duty multiplayer and exactly why COD4 was so successful online. Fuck sake, WHAT ABOUT BALANCE!?!? What about great structured layout that rewards individual skill and teamwork yet always gives the opposing team a chance to seize victory from the jaws of defeat.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
ENKC said:
Legion said:
ENKC said:
Legion said:
I don't care when a developer brings new maps, but it pisses me off when they deliberately leave out maps they had in the last game just so they can bring them out again and re-charge people for them.
'Deliberately leave out maps'? What? Did you expect them to include all the CoD 4 maps free of charge on launch?
Of course. The maps are already made are they not? Should they leave out the guns and game-modes from the game too and then release them again for players?
You do know its a sequel, right? It is by no means standard to include all content from previous games in a sequel.
Except it is almost standard practice, even with spiritual sequels, Perfect Dark carried over Goldeneye's best maps (re-skinned but still the same). And the same applies for Unreal Tournament, Quake, and any others.

The thing is... with those more respectable multiplayer franchises they draw in players with NEW exciting stuff, you know, progress? Activision is just milking this cow for all it is worth, once they are finished with it people will ask where it all went wrong.

Jun 11, 2008
D4zZ said:
skcseth said:
$15 for a pack of five maps is ridiculous. But yes, I'm still going to pony up to keep up with all the other cool kids on MW2 *sigh*
Why? Why do you feel the need to buy something that is this overpriced?

OT: As I said in another thread, I got 26 TF2 maps this morning for free, and there is no way in hell I'd pay the price of an indy game for maps.

I really hope other people don't buy it either, otherwise we'll see a massive shortage on map makers/mods in the time to come, and that is seriously going to hurt gaming.
I suppose that is the whole point of cutting dedicated servers for the PC more moeny for Activision through DLC. Sure it isn't compulsory for the DLC but anyone who is into is going to get it so they can play with their. Personally I think it is very sneaky an way too sly.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
The only way i would buy these maps is if the bundled them for 7 pounds, and it came with somethin else and i was drunk.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
SCREW MW2 and their reuse of old maps. IF they want to put old maps in, fine, but don't charge gamers $15 because you're to lazy to make a bunch of new maps.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Im really sick of playing the latest DLC, its pretty much the only maps i play now since they came out. Stupid servers. Also, give us 5 NEW maps, not goddamn recycled maps! If i wanted to play them, i would play COD4!

Mar 30, 2010
Again?!? I'd have thought after all the abuse that was hurled their way last time IW/Activision would at least have charged less and/or provided more maps. First time around I thought that £10 wasn't too unreasonable for 5 maps, but if they're gonna pull this shit every few months then it's gonna get pretty damn old pretty damn quick.

If this pack comes out before any of my online friends have bought L4D2 then I'll pretty much have to buy it just to continue playing MW2 with my friends. If at least three of my mates have forked out for some zombie killin' before this new pack comes out then MW2 is outta luck (it's been pushing it for some time...).