Modern Warfare 2 PS3 Leaderboards Hacked to Crap

Feb 13, 2008
Let's face it IW, if even Valve or Bungie can't stop people hacking the game, what chance do you have?

Next time, think a little about how exactly you're going to stop the hackers rather than proselytize about a "New Uncrackable System".

They said that about the Titanic, doncha know.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Grayjack72 said:
I've seen the leaderboards. The person at the top has like 21000 days playing the game.
Yeah, its rediculous...I mean, I dont see why people want to do it so badly, its ovious your cheating, so whats the point?

/sigh

I bet they will prolly wipe it, unfortunatly, to punish the few gotta piss of the masses

cjbos81

Apr 8, 2009
This kind of crap is why Yahtzee doesn't like multiplayer.

If only these people could hack themselves to not be dicks.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
They had insane amount of profits from CoD4 to make an airtight game and there are still major glitches to be exploited. Way to go Infinity Ward! Show us how you shoot yourself in the foot after prolific praise.

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
Greg Tito said:
... negative 12345 kills. I'm not sure how you can unkill people.
Two words : Phoenix Down

or a more appropriate answer based on the genre: Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
HUBILUB said:
Who wants to bet that this will be used as an example by Xbox-fanboys to show why the 360 is better?
This 360 owner says who gives a shit about leader boards? Just enjoy the game.

I love all of the people here making out the game is weak because of the leader board douchebaggery. The leader boards are not the game.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
Greg Tito said:

The multiplayer leaderboards for Modern Warfare 2 on the PlayStation Network are compromised, showing records that are impossible to achieve.

Activision and Infinity Ward have said nothing regarding how or if they plan to fix the decimated leaderboards on the Playstation Network for Modern Warfare 2. The rampant hacking of the PS3 leaderboards shows completely erroneous information such as time played numbering in the tens of thousands of days. It is unclear whether a complete wipe of the leaderboards is necessary, but, if so, that could be holding up the process as Sony and Activision scramble to find a solution that will piss off consumers the least.

The simple process by which this glitch is exploited is available online, and that's why the problem is so widespread. Even then, it seems that some hackers are becoming bored with hacking themselves to the top of the leaderboards and have begun glitching themselves [http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/modernwarfare2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-52571436&pid=951943] so that they appear last on the list with negative 12345 kills. I'm not sure how you can unkill people. Agh, my brain is starting to hurt.

And remember kids: Cheaty the Bear says, "Don't cheat, dick."

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=228963]

unkill by team killing

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
I keep hearing so many bad things about this game, and had so many bad experiences with host changes and stuff myself... and yet I still am hooked. Modern Warfare 2 is the FPS equivalent of crack I swear. XD

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Greg Tito said:

The multiplayer leaderboards for Modern Warfare 2 on the PlayStation Network are compromised, showing records that are impossible to achieve.

Activision and Infinity Ward have said nothing regarding how or if they plan to fix the decimated leaderboards on the Playstation Network for Modern Warfare 2. The rampant hacking of the PS3 leaderboards shows completely erroneous information such as time played numbering in the tens of thousands of days. It is unclear whether a complete wipe of the leaderboards is necessary, but, if so, that could be holding up the process as Sony and Activision scramble to find a solution that will piss off consumers the least.

The simple process by which this glitch is exploited is available online, and that's why the problem is so widespread. Even then, it seems that some hackers are becoming bored with hacking themselves to the top of the leaderboards and have begun glitching themselves [http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/modernwarfare2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-52571436&pid=951943] so that they appear last on the list with negative 12345 kills. I'm not sure how you can unkill people. Agh, my brain is starting to hurt.

And remember kids: Cheaty the Bear says, "Don't cheat, dick."

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=228963]

Well it's not the riddle of the fricking Sphinyx (Mystermen verison)

Ban all account on Playstation live like xbox live who is obvious cheating? negative kills. There you go! Whats the problem?

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Let's face it IW, if even Valve or Bungie can't stop people hacking the game, what chance do you have?

Next time, think a little about how exactly you're going to stop the hackers rather than proselytize about a "New Uncrackable System".

They said that about the Titanic, doncha know.
Yeah but the Titanic never sniped you across the map, teleported, killed your entire team with a shotgun that had a 360 spread then teabagged each and every one of your corpses.

But now picture if it did...that would be the coolest cheat ever

Apr 28, 2008
um... since when were leaderboards so important?

Screw the leaderboards, they're worthless even if people didn't hack them, what they need to focus on is fixing that Javalin Glitch.

At least the PC users have admins to ban the glitchers from their servers, resulting in a glitch free experience.

wait...

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
HUBILUB said:
Who wants to bet that this will be used as an example by Xbox-fanboys to show why the 360 is better?
Im actually gonna use this cause bunches of people are saying you cant hack a PS3. I personally dont give a crap which one is better.

Booze Zombie said:
Aweswome, I guess the game isn't so "perfect" after all... though, after playing it, I already knew that.
You kinda went the a little out of your way to insult the game didn't you there?