Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Details Spawn

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Only 3 maps for the game at 1/4th the price of the full retail game,....not worth it.

And Xbox360 exclusively only at first? This is where Activision fails by accompanying only 1/3rd of their customers while screwing out the other 2/3rds of them.

Then again, is anyone REALLY surprised about the price or set up of this, considering what Activion did to save some money and steal the IP from it's original creators at the same time?

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Worgen said:
OneBig Man said:
Tell me when there is DLC for Bad Company 2 because I am done with MW2
yeah bc2 will have maps come out around the game time as this but for free
IF you have VIP access. Which pretty much anyone who preordered it/bought it first release day does.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I dont care that I am in love with the game, I refuse to pay 15 bucks for the map pack. I will wait till the price drops

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
I don't like the game anymore, and this is overpriced in my eyes, so no, I won't be feeding the greedy company known as Infinity Ward.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
Sweet Jesus. I cannot wait for this. IW could pretty much charge whatever they wanted for this and we'd still buy it.

Xannieros

Jul 29, 2008
$60 for the game, $15 for 5 maps. They're getting greedy. Not gonna buy those maps.. Rather get a new game or a few used games for that price.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Well, does this information give anyone out there mapathy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99059-Modern-Warfare-Bad-Company-Go-Head-to-Head-With-Map-Packs] or not?
They hike up the price because of its popularity...could you imagine WoW doing something like this?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007

I'm not a big shooter fan, but honestly I almost laughed at the price for the amount of content and the name.

I would almost suspect the developers are sitting there going "see, we can even TELL the fans we're milking them like moronic cash bags, and they'll line up lemminglike to give us their money".

Really if anything gets boycotted out there, it probably should be this, because honestly it's kind of insulting.

Like Modern Warfare 2, the most sellingest FPS of all time so far needs "Stimulus" to increase it's already monsterous profits and player base. :p

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
You're joking, 15 bucks for three new maps and two old maps? I'm not paying 15 bucks for that.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is putting out DLC, and if you got it new, you get the DLC FREE. And THAT game is 10 dollars cheaper (PC) than MW2.

Screw you activision keep your overpriced maps.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
-.-

Waiting to see if they're actually going to charge PC gamers for it.

Certainly wont pay 15 bucks for three maps and two that I more or less "already" own since I paid for COD4.

At any rate first I want them to balance their broken guns.

Oh and those dedicated servers. Since, you know, the non-dedicated ones have nothing but lag.

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
What a gip, if it was 5 new maps I would understand the 15 dollars but two old ones? Thats retarded, I might have bought it if it was the regular 800 points but I'll just stick with Bad Co. 2 now.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Everyone is hating on IW for this, but they are just the guys who made the thing. If you want to hate on anyone, hate on the marketing team at Activison.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not a Mewtwo player so they could price it at grand and I wouldn't care. What surprises me is their choices for redux maps. Crash I agree with. It's small, punchy, and I always had fun playing it. Overgrown is a ***** of a map though. It's large size combined with open spaces and unobstructed viewlines make it a camper's delight. The only map that could have been a worse choice would be Downpour. They should have re-upped Strike.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Hah, that's a laugh. I heard the massive hype about MW2, thought about getting it, was put off by the 60$ price tag even on PC, so I decided to wait until a sale. Glad I did. There's no way in hell I'm going to pay a cent to those morons. First you tack 10 extra bucks onto a massively overhyped game, release it in a buggy and almost unworkable state, with no dedicated servers, no kick options, and terrible server ping, THEN release DLC for just the 360 version? Fuck you Activision. Valve, Relic, and THQ are the only ones enjoying my money now.