Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Details Spawn

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Yet another reason why Infinity Ward are screwing the people who made them big.

Goddamn Xbox.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
I want it, and I'll get it probably, because honestly, $15 is not going to break me. And I like new maps.

ScottocS

Mar 27, 2009
No more IW Hate. These are the guys putting in the hard work while Activision lay back and demand out orders. :O

Whether you are or are not going to buy them isn't going to change the fact that a lot of people will. It's MW2.

BFBC2 DLC is already on Disc and we are being provided it for FREE because we bought it day one or before (preorder) So nothing to compare there. Except maybe the shitty day one launch, I have played probably a total 10 hours of BC2 in multiplayer due to the shite server side issues. Going to try again tonight. But i don't see how there are still people comparing BC2 to MW2, there two completely different games,

but at this point im seeing a lot of repition, shitty customer service and screwing over the userbase. But please remember these decisions are made and enforced by the PUBLISHER (Activision, EA) NOT the DEVELOPERS (Infinity Ward, DICE) kk? XD

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Hmm... A bit too expensive for my tastes, so I think I'll stick with BFBC:2 thank you.

Dear Activision,
You guys are the biggest dicks in the video game market.
Thank you for ruining everything that was good and wholesome about video games. You are the Myley [small](sp?)[/small] Cyrus of video games.

Frank_Sinatra_

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
Four things I have wrong with it:
1) It's not for PC
2) Even if it were, I'd doubt they'd include include dedicated servers (not that I had any hope,) because of the stupid matchmaking system, I doubt I'd be even able to play the maps I paid for. I've only played Rust once, for example.
3) They cost MONEY ($3 a map? Seriously?)
4) There's no Vacant or Killhouse or Shipment.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
An... apartment complex?

Bust out the Heartbeat Sensors and Shotties, we're going on a camping trip.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
baggyn said:
I think its a bit over priced for only 3 new maps and 2 old ones tarted up
It is going to sell like weed at my old highschool.

That is to say that it will sell out completely and without any sign of slowing.

When MW2 is the best game you've played you'll buy anything for it.

iTeamKill

Dec 17, 2007
ToonLink said:
Sweet Jesus. I cannot wait for this. IW could pretty much charge whatever they wanted for this and we'd still buy it.
From reading the replies, I think its you and like two other people... I didn't even bother buying the game yet. its 10 dollars too much and no dedicated servers.

iTeamKill

Dec 17, 2007
theultimateend said:
baggyn said:

That is to say that it will sell out completely and without any sign of slowing.

Its digital download... how can you sell out of a file you make infinite copies of? Also, if thats the best game you ever played, you should get to blockbuster and start trying some older games. might I suggest battlefield 2?

slopeslider

Mar 19, 2009
acosn said:
-.-

Waiting to see if they're actually going to charge PC gamers for it.

Certainly wont pay 15 bucks for three maps and two that I more or less "already" own since I paid for COD4.

At any rate first I want them to balance their broken guns.

Oh and those dedicated servers. Since, you know, the non-dedicated ones have nothing but lag.
It doesn't run on servers. It's p2p.
It's mags not clips
FMJ doesn't increase damage.
m9 and m240 silenced can be seen on radar.
I just pre-empted any other misconceptions you might have.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
iTeamKill said:
theultimateend said:
baggyn said:

Its digital download... how can you sell out of a file you make infinite copies of? Also, if thats the best game you ever played, you should get to blockbuster and start trying some older games. might I suggest battlefield 2?
Lets start from the beginning here.

The point was that no matter what they price it at, for reasons I don't understand, people will buy it till their servers crash.

I don't like MW2. It played off to me like just another boring FPS. I haven't played a FPS that really impressed me since the late 90's. You know...back when developers had actual AI options in multiplayer so you could play with your friends AND beasty npcs who clip your head off with a throwing knife. Not to mention FPS's that had 30 weapons and only one that was really broken.

I often feel like when a new FPS comes out, the people playing it have never played one before. Because everything, save graphics, that people say is revolutionary has already been done before and (in my experience) done as good or better before.

I do appreciate your concern though. It is nice, but personally I work somewhere where EVERYONE thinks it is the best game of the entire year (as in the last 365 days not just this year).

It hurts me inside. Between this, twilight, and anything related to living people and disney, I'm beginning to wonder if people are just trying to be ironic with their purchases.

"Hah. Dude if we buy this people will think that it is good. It'll be so funny."

Before anyone points it out, yes I am bitter and whiny. I've just never felt so disconnected from what is apparently good. It certainly isn't my expectations either, I played something online called Sushi Cat and I was very impressed. 4 short chapters (maybe 10 Levels), basically just Plinco from the Price is Right. So it surely isn't my expectations being too high :p.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Jaredin said:
baggyn said:
Just a little bit...but sad thing it dosnt matter. People will still buy it because it is MW2...
I'm not going to buy it because it is overpriced and MW2 doesn't get me all jizzy. Hopefully many others shake off their gottabuyit hypnosis and wait til it does go down in pointage. You can bet it is so high because of Activision, not Microsoft this time around.

I chuckled at 'the man may not be able to say PlayStation 3 without burning into flames.' Like all non-PS3 players are vampires and the monolith that is the PS3 is the holy Sun. :D

Dorian Cornelius Jasper

Space Robot From Outer Space
Apr 8, 2008
will1182 said:
Shipment? It's the most mindless chunk-and-skunk arena out of the entire CoD4 lineup! At least Crash I can respect as a choice. Any map where you have at least some tactical options is a good map.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
As someone who owns both Bad Company 2 and MW2,I like them both.
I'm playing them on a spanking new GTS250 and it's fun.

As for DLC,I don't know..how would they charge for the PC DLC?