Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Details Spawn

bismarck55

Mar 1, 2010
So... 15 bucks for... what, three and a half maps (seeing as two have already been designed and only need updates)?
And it's probably going to sell like hot-cakes too.

Suddenly, picking up Far Cry 2 for twenty dollars doesn't seem like such a bad deal.

Popcicle42

Feb 25, 2010
Much disappointment. $15? Damn, guys, I know $15 may not sound like much, but yeesh! I'm struggling in this economy, and you're upping the cost on DLCs?!

Sadly, because of that, I likely will not buy this until the price goes down. I could do the 600-800 MicroPoints, but 1200 is too much for 5 maps. If this DLC becomes necessary for multiplayer, I'll have to move on to other games. I think I can borrow Dragon Age from a buddy, seeing as he's elbow-deep in FFIII.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 price revealed! It will cost you a years income and YOUR SOUL. Love, Activision and Infinity Ward <3"

keosan

Mar 16, 2010
Already know im not buying for 2 reasons

1 No new spec op missions.
2 No achievements.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
+5 points for a clever name.
-5,000,000,000,000,000 for stupid exclusivity and exorbitant pricing.

Likelihood of me caring about this enough to do anything other than point and laugh? 0!

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
I don't know what's worse, paying $15 for three new maps and two old ones or paying $10 for content that was already on the disc.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Wayyyyy overpriced..

Hopefully it will drop once it comes to PS3, most likely not though..

Ryuu814

Feb 25, 2010
*slow clap*
Well done IW....well done you've just failed even harder than when Ubisoft did their DRM...
no wait scratch that you just fail so hard they fell off the fail tree and hit every fail branch on the way down.

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
That's just way to much for a map pack. It better be worth it, or more people will be pissed off at Infinity Ward and Activision.
I'm not even gonna bother with them, I already can't stand the game, so I'm not wasting anymore money on it.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Wow. Really? This much hate for the price of a single steak dinner? Especially since this will last you waaaaaaaay longer than said steak dinner.

Funny thing is, I honestly believe every single one of you will get it, if you play MW2 with any regularity, since you won't want to be left playing on the regular maps while everyone else is playing on the new ones.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Oh whatever. I spent what? The equivalent of 27 dollars for this game? I guarantee once it's released for all 3 platforms, (or 2 if Activision fucking over the PC community means the maps won't release on the PC), the price will start to go down.

Then again, I didn't even bother with the CoD4 maps.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Skopintsev said:
IF you have VIP access. Which pretty much anyone who preordered it/bought it first release day does.
Actually, it is anyone who has ever boughten a new retail version of the game.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
I would suggest a boycott until the price comes down to something more reasonable like 800 points.

A message should be sent out to every publisher that it's not OK to go around over-charging like this.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
slopeslider said:
It doesn't run on servers. It's p2p.
It's mags not clips
FMJ doesn't increase damage.
m9 and m240 silenced can be seen on radar.
I just pre-empted any other misconceptions you might have.
When I said non-dedicated servers I totally meant that the computers communicate through psychic voodoo moon waves, I swear.

Of course I meant the P2P system you moron. When I log on to play any given day I can expect 1 in 4 games to have lag, and 1 in 8 to be terminally laggy to the point that I have to leave.

And when I was referring to broken guns I meant more the fact that there really are only so many cookie cutter kits everyone uses anymore. They need to put caps on ammo replenishment via one man army, put locks on what scavanger can replenish, and a whole laundry list of other fixes.

If nothing else they need to stop making G18 akimbo work better than any primary armament's akimbo.

The game doesn't lend itself to fun when everyone's spamming shotguns, noob tubes, knife kits, and akimbo kits.

neosman8

Nov 9, 2009
Kalezian said:
neosman8 said:
1200 for a map pack man thats a major rip off. i hope you dont need them to play the game cos their is no way im buying them for 1200mp.

usually a new mode will be included with the pack, it would be like "Map-Pack Team Deathmatch" where the maps are included in the map rotation, in private matches it tells everyone in bright red letters who the loser is without the map pack so you can make fun of him to a greater extent for being poor.
the point is the amount of problems with the online since day 1 we should be entitled them free or at least 800mp at the most i mean i have stood and defended this game but thats no more.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
£50 pounds for the main game £10 for the dlc.....which wont even neseceraly be on PS3

yeah nice going infinity ward

maby their just trying to clear the road for treyarch.....fucking mw2

Short repetative singleplayer campaign, multiplayer that is full of hackers, campers and thermal scope abusers......urgh im done