Modern Warfare 3 Fan Fends Off Really Stupid Thief

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
The really funny thing about this is that I heard about it on one of the local radio stations here in Kansas City earlier today. Occasionally one of the radio shows plays a game called "Johnson or Jackson", where they take news stories about crimes and try to guess which one of the two counties in Kansas City that it occurred in (i.e. either the nice, rich county or the trashy one).

Take a wild guess which county this happened in...

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
BgRdMchne said:
Korten12 said:
inb4 people say how stupid the thief is for trying to steal MW3 and not some other game.
Don't forget about how stupid the victim was; grabbing a gun to protect his precious copy of MW3.
Forget that. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who cares less about CoD than me, but I'd have done the same thing just to teach the stupid fucker than he can't get away with that kind of shit. Taking a pistol being pointed at you is about the easiest thing to do (it's literally the same way Jackie Chan takes Chris Tucker's gun in Rush Hour, the first time I tried it in practice, I did it perfectly), I'd love to watch that man's face turn white when I took his gun.

Guess I'm just like that, people shouldn't be allowed to get away with that crap.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
BgRdMchne said:
Korten12 said:
inb4 people say how stupid the thief is for trying to steal MW3 and not some other game.
Don't forget about how stupid the victim was; grabbing a gun to protect his precious copy of MW3.
That was my first thought actually. I have had lots of self defense training, and it all ends the same. If a guy wants your shit and he has a gun, he gets your shit (I paraphrased).

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Dense_Electric said:
BgRdMchne said:
Korten12 said:
Forget that. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who cares less about CoD than me, but I'd have done the same thing just to teach the stupid fucker than he can't get away with that kind of shit. Taking a pistol being pointed at you is about the easiest thing to do (it's literally the same way Jackie Chan takes Chris Tucker's gun in Rush Hour, the first time I tried it in practice, I did it perfectly), I'd love to watch that man's face turn white when I took his gun.

Guess I'm just like that, people shouldn't be allowed to get away with that crap.
I think it would be foolish to get shot in the face for a game.

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
Baresark said:
Dense_Electric said:
BgRdMchne said:
Korten12 said:

Okay, you're not getting what I'm saying. Fuck the game. I would risk it because I don't think it's cool that someone thinks they can come up and just take what someone else worked hard to pay for. Those people deserve to be scared shitless if not shot outright.

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
CM156 said:
Nah, inb4 people complain about guns in America or something like that.
I don't mind Americans having guns. I DO mind stupid people having guns, and America has always cornered the market on those.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
And that should be where this sad, sordid and silly tale ends
Ehm, by the way you wrote that paragraph, the above part makes it seem like you wish he wasn't caught ^.- :p

Andy Chalk said:
As for Freeman, he said he reacted to the situation instinctively and acknowledged that it probably wasn't the smartest move to make.
Before people comment on his stupidity on this part (though I'm probably too late), I'd like to just point out/reiterate that this is quite common, the first instinct when getting attacked or robbed is often to defend yourself or your property, even when the property in question is not worth much and even though any person in their right mind would know their lives are worth more than what was at stake even if they weren't. On an unrelated note, I wish we had the same instinct for defending others... >.<

Sigh, with all these MW3-related stories, I can just picture Fox rubbing their hands together. Nothing good will come off any of this :<

(PS I'm not insinuating that Fox having ammo against the medium is worse than the events themselves, it's merely an observation on the side)

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Dense_Electric said:
Baresark said:
Dense_Electric said:
BgRdMchne said:
Korten12 said:

Okay, you're not getting what I'm saying. Fuck the game. I would risk it because I don't think it's cool that someone thinks they can come up and just take what someone else worked hard to pay for. Those people deserve to be scared shitless if not shot outright.
I completely agree with you. These people need to be beaten. Anyone who takes what does not belong to them deserves it. But what I'm saying is that it would never be worth risking your life for. There are too many variable. You don't know how much experience the guy has with a gun, if he has ever shot someone before, factors like this count. And no matter how skilled you are, it would never be worth dying, even if the guy deserved. He was clearly close enough to identify the guy and what he was driving.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Hey, he's got the same last name as me! Just think about all the awesome people named Freeman!

Morgan Freeman
Gordon Freeman
Adam Freeman
[sub]Walter Freeman[/sub]

That must mean I am a baddass too!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Because of his impatience he is now in jail and will most likely get sent to prison. I understand wanting a game but why would anyone resort to robbery to get a game? It doesn't make any sense.

Sep 14, 2009
wow no crowbar jokes yet?

i am surprised.

honestly he's right it's worth your life, not in the slightest, but i have had people try to steal stuff from me before, and this fucking rage monster comes out and i tell them to back the fuck off and usually hulk out on them in that instant, so yeah, i can't say i wouldn't have done the same in that instant...

still, if someone is even REMOTELY following me, or even going in the same path as me, i drive extra blocks around to see if they follow...is that just me? am i that paranoid?

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
A Freeman wouldn't just hand the game over, a Freeman would take his gun and BEAT HIM TO DEATH WITH IT.

Or call the cops and get the bastard arested.
Prisons are fun!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Hell, a guy acting that stupid with a gun? I'd have probably done the same thing considering i'm a bit of a hot head. When it comes down to it, its not even about the game anymore, its now about how some pricks got the balls to try and steal from you.

Good on him I say.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
CM156 said:
Korten12 said:
Nah, inb4 people complain about guns in America or something like that.

OT: Ok, I laughed. The guy who didn't hand over his game to a guy with a gun? Ballsy, if a bit foolish.
hehehe, i have to agree. but going BACK to GameStop after trying to rob a dood XD now that's funny

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Why did he eject a round?

Remember kids. Every time you cock your gun for dramatic effect, you lose a damn bullet.