Modern Warfare 3 Fan Fends Off Really Stupid Thief

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
To be fair, if i saw someone put a round into the chamber... And then put another round into the chamber, i'd assume they're too stupid to have turned the safety off.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
I never thought I'd see the day when the French out-stole us.
Way too true. Our criminals just aren't up to the same standards anymore.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Kmadden2004 said:
Okay, I'm sure it isn't the case that loads of people are turning to crime to get their hands on MW3, but more the case that the media are just reporting more game-based crime than they do usually because of this high-profile release date, and that the statistics for this kind of crime are the same as they are the gets of the year.

But still...

What the f--k is wrong with all these CoD fans!!? Jesus, guys, it's just a game! It's just an average, run-of-the-mill first person shooter, not the secret to alchemy!!!

First someone pays nearly $2000 to get a copy a day early, then two trucks get robbed by gunpoint, now this!?

Just... gah... I give up...
Actually, they paid $1700+ to get it a day LATE. Shipping dates, yanno.

Also, the truck didn't get robbed at gunpoint. But they did teargas the driver. Which is almost as bad/worse, depending on how you look at it.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
"racked a round"
Where'd you dig that up?

eh. I wonder how long until some pundit starts calling this sort of thing "the soap mctavish complex" and blaming games for stupid people.

Stephen Wo

Mar 16, 2011
It was a reflex, I guess. Plus, I think he could tell that "Morales" was a piss-shot with that water-pistol of his.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'll admit, if Gamestop ran out of copies of Skyrim I'd probably stop someone in the middle of the road and demand their copy... at sword-point.

CatsAttackAgain

Jul 14, 2010
Anyone excited for the release of Skyrim? The wait in line will be a lot more epic if everyone is sword fighting over the first copy.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It's always some shit about CoD. What the fuck is wrong with these CoD fans? Every year it's the same thing. Some idiot tries to steal a new CoD game. Is this exclusive to CoD or are the media only reporting CoD cases? I'd love it to be the latter. Maybe we could ban CoD, or make it 18+

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Korten12 said:
inb4 people say how stupid the thief is for trying to steal MW3 and not some other game.
I find it hilarious the guy was dumb enough to cock his gun twice for intimidation- totally wasting a bullet and proving how inept he was at using the damn thing.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
If anything, this gives me the idea to order a hot-item title like this online, or if I get it at a store, stop off at the nearest mailbox and mail it to myself.
gmaverick019 said:
wow no crowbar jokes yet?

i am surprised.

honestly he's right it's worth your life, not in the slightest, but i have had people try to steal stuff from me before, and this fucking rage monster comes out and i tell them to back the fuck off and usually hulk out on them in that instant, so yeah, i can't say i wouldn't have done the same in that instant...

still, if someone is even REMOTELY following me, or even going in the same path as me, i drive extra blocks around to see if they follow...is that just me? am i that paranoid?
There are probably lots of people who say they would just hand over the demanded item(s) and call it a day, but as you said, sometimes your inner id(not the company, your unconscious mind) says enough is enough.
Your further ideas are good, as well. If you really think someone is following you, call some friends up and have them meet you at a very public location to hang out for a bit. That should discourage Johnny-on-the-spots like Mr. Morales. It is worth putting off playing the game in order to help avoid a situation like Mr. Freeman's.

Triality

May 9, 2011
Freeman's first mistake was not drawing his insta-kill knife and simply throwing. His assailant was in a narrow corridor and any spot on his hit box would have meant his immediate death.

Way to throw away 350 points (I don't know how many shut up), genius!

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Poisoned Al said:
CM156 said:
Nah, inb4 people complain about guns in America or something like that.
I don't mind Americans having guns. I DO mind stupid people having guns, and America has always cornered the market on those.
And you've lost all credibility in one sentence.

OT: I just...on the one hand that's cool it worked. On the other, he was right in retrospect...so foolish.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
SupahGamuh said:
COD has bred a new generation.

in Yiddish: oy vey!

in English: oh, the pain!

in old Shakespearean English: oh, why must i suffer this age?!

seriously, when will the stupid end?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Dunno which one is dumber - guy that tried to protect a game with his life, or another guy who was going to risk lifetime in prison for a game.

...Jesus Christ.

targren

May 13, 2009
BgRdMchne said:
Korten12 said:
inb4 people say how stupid the thief is for trying to steal MW3 and not some other game.
Don't forget about how stupid the victim was; grabbing a gun to protect his precious copy of MW3.
I knew I was going to see this.

I'm not a fan of MW, or shooters at all (except Borderlands), but I think there's a good chance it didn't have much to do with being his "precious copy of MW3" and more that Freeman "instinctively" (his own word) reacted to being victimized. If so, I applaud him.

CulixCupric said:
seriously, when will the stupid end?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein (attrib)