Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Mode Gets "Phenomenal" Response

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
THEoriginalBRIEN said:
Glad we get objective based modes back. What's the fucking point of a survival mode?
For fun? I mean does their need to be a huge point of it?

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Mikeyfell said:
STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE BAAAAWWWW

OT: I fucking hate zombies and probably wont buy MW3 because I will be too busy playing other games. So mehhh.

STOP BUYING WHAT YOU ALREADY OWN 4 OF BAAAAAWWWWW!
Both of you be quiet and get along or I swear I will turn this thread around right now!

OT: Sounds like a good time with a few friends but Infinity Ward is going to have to do a bit more for me to purchase this. Mind you its more because I will be low on money from buying other games and not because of any hate of the CoD franchise [sub] I tend to enjoy the Treyarch games a bit more than Infinity Ward's more though[/sub]

Shadow Druid

Mar 18, 2011
Pretty sure the old Ghost Recon games had a mode just like this, it was awesome so it could work for them

Apr 28, 2008
Chrono212 said:
Desaari said:
Chrono212 said:
Well, what about 7th gen?
What's a 7th gen?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_generation_consoles
The current consoles
There was a mod for Unreal Tournament that was essentially horde mode. That's the earliest I remember seeing it, since 1999-2001(can't remember which year).

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Phlakes said:
Mikeyfell said:
I know, it's almost like it's a sequel...

How crazy is that? Games in the same series, even the same trilogy, sharing features? This must be unprecedented!
Sequels usually add something new. MW 2 was a sequel this seems more like a remake.

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
Awesome! Spec Ops was easily my favourite part of MW2. Glad we're getting that and more this time around around.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
jpoon said:
I'll be damned, some good news actually comes out of the MW3 front. I had pegged this game for a multi-player only fragfest that I would normally never play but if there is a decent co-op to the game I might actually buy this...used.

Of course I'll wait to hear about it in the reviews first, I definitely don't believe the hype.
This exact mode was in MW2. Down to the it being campaign missions, but co-op style. The horde mode thing has already been done in almost every other FPS series so far. Why not CoD?

Why are they acting like every minimal thing they do is groundbreaking? 60 FRAMES PER SECOND ON A TEN YEAR OLD ENGINE?! OH GOD, GAME OF THE YEAR!

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
One thing I would love, some form of vs or competative spec ops missions. If they expand it enough, and continue to release new DLC missions, its hardly rehashing.

And for trollings sake, next treach zombie map will be accompanied with "zombies piloting helicopters"

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
Korten12 said:
Sounds great.

Let the COD hate begin...
TheRightToArmBears said:
Fuck the haters, this sounds awesome! Do want!
C95J said:
but it is bad, remember, because it is Call of Duty!

/sarcasm

This game is going to be great, can't wait to play the campaign most of all though :)
The lack of irrational hate in this thread after three posts is just... inspiring :)

Knowing my friend and I, we'll have a blast with this even if it's only just as good as MW2's Spec Ops.

Definitely looking forward to this.
maby we can now get /b/ to count to 10 without racial slurs. XD

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Sounds pretty excellent.

I hope they fix the connection problems that Spec Ops had in MW2. It made that mode almost unplayable.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
That sounds pretty good, means in a few years when the multiplayer is overrun with hackers and lag I'll be able to play this with my friends instead.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Desaari said:
Chrono212 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_generation_consoles
The current consoles
Okay, what about them?
What caused 'horde mode' to be created/inspired for the current gen? Was it Halo 3: ODST or something else to (re)introduce the 'waves of enemies' concept to the current incarnation?

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Mikeyfell said:
Mikeyfell said:
It's phenomenal, it's this brand new thing called Spec Ops. And it's totally not just a shameless rehash or what we did in Modern Warfare 2.

Here's what the box art looks like

The one thing I like about this article is that it proves how stupid Infinity Ward is.

It's ripping on Call of Duty for not being enough of a direct port of the last Call of Duty game. But the thing they didn't realize is that it was pretty much a port of the CoD game that happened before that one.
STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE BAAAAWWWW

OT: I fucking hate zombies and probably wont buy MW3 because I will be too busy playing other games. So mehhh.

STOP BUYING WHAT YOU ALREADY OWN 4 OF BAAAAAWWWWW!
Why do you care? Its my money and I will spend it on what I enjoy. Why do you worry so much about what games other people buy? Smacks of "I have nothing better to do than pretend I am superior to others because I like different games than other people!"

Mikeyfell said:
Phlakes said:
Mikeyfell said:
I know, it's almost like it's a sequel...

How crazy is that? Games in the same series, even the same trilogy, sharing features? This must be unprecedented!
Sequels usually add something new. MW 2 was a sequel this seems more like a remake.
Thats a fucking retarded statement and you know it. The game isnt even out yet. Have you traveled in time to play a new COD game? No? Then sit down and stop crying about it. You could at least wait until the game is out, maybe then someone other than you will give a small fuck.

I would love to hear what your favourite FPS are. Battlefield? Yeah, Bad Company is just THAT different to previous games in the series, right? Quake esque games? Like, you know, the ones that had the whole genre grind to a halt with no innovation to be found, kind of like what we are experiencing now?
in all fairness to the other guy, Bad Company had very fun characters and dialogue and a fairly good story, even if it was cheesy. the previous battlefield games didn't have a story. it was nearly all multiplayer, So bad company was ENTIRELY different from the previous titles, and i never played quake so i can't say much about those, but valve games are innovative, halo was innovative,and so on.

but on the flip side, call of duty has never really added anything to the table at all. In fact just about everything it has done was a lift from halo. The regen health, the theater mode, kill cams, matchmaking, ect.

and if you look close enough to the trailers for MW3 it literally is the same game as MW2, all they do is use camera angle tricks and some spit shine to make it look better, i cant tell you how many things i saw that looked awesome that we wont even remotely touch.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Shadow Druid said:
Pretty sure the old Ghost Recon games had a mode just like this, it was awesome so it could work for them
yeah i think the first one has a sort of survival mode, except YOU went to kill them instead.

firelightning1

Jul 14, 2011
This sounds like fun I just hope they don't make the campaign 4 hours long and hope that multiplayer will carry the game. This is one thing I agree with Yahtzee very strongly about along with most everything he says.