Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Kicks Off World War III

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Korten12 said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Conviced themselves? Wow... Just Wow... I am sorry but I like I cant even begin to comprehind how ignoratnt this post is...
Hey, thanks for taking one line and not at all replying to any of the rest. You're a CoD fan and could in no way venture to explain a single thing?

But you're right, I'm the ignorant one. Ignorant.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Felt I was watching the trailer for MW2. Same graphics. Tought they would at least TRY to do something new, but I guess Battlefield was too much for them, and it hasn't even come out yet lol.

silentx3ro

May 9, 2011
To me that just looked like they had copy pasted all the set pieces from CoD4 and MW2 into a new setting. Cookie cutter game making, exactly what I would expect from this series and Activision (except I'll have to buy the choc chips seperate) I loved CoD4, it is one of my all time fav shooters but I have no love for MW2. I'm not saying they couldn't turn it round but I am sceptical. I'll probably rent this to see where they take the already mental story but as for multiplayer...I think I'll be quite happy with BF3.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Adventurer2626 said:
Phew, okay. My fears are allayed somewhat. I thought they were gonna use nukes, then Activision and Bethesda were going to make Fallout Warfare 4: The Search for More Money.
yay spaceballs reference

Wireframefool

Mar 20, 2011
It looks interesting, but i'd rather than it being entirely from the US' point of view (which it looks like, I think) it would follow the other countries who are fighting, hell, it's WWIII why can't we just pick a side and fight through a campaign? This one has me interested, but they could really mess this up.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
looking good, i hope the multiplayer is this exciting.

[sub]please dont fuck it up IW[/sub]

Frostbite3789 said:
Why are people getting so pumped up for this? It still looks godawful. I really don't get it. Have we learned nothing from CoD: Not Another WWII Shooter, MW2 and BlOps?

It's going to disappoint. Every one of the last 3 CoD games has. Or has everyone convinced themselves BlOps is good now?

Also why do I see a soldier with an American flag patch in France? I gotta think if we're getting invaded, we aren't really down for sending soldiers elsewhere, I think we've got enough problems.

Who the hell is even invading the entirety of the west? Russia? How and why? I asked this question in the teaser trailer, and not a single person answered.

They might as well have added "Herp derp" at the beginning of the dialogue. The Modern Warfare series was in the process of jumping the shark in MW2, it has finished that jump with these trailers.
im sorry but, if you are going to ramble on about how bad you think a game will be before it even comes out, then you need to get some facts straightened out, and the reason no one answered your earlier question is because it hasnt been revealed yet... also, it does not look bad at all, in fact it looks better than many other recent game i can think of.

Korten12 said:
Conviced themselves? Wow... Just Wow... I am sorry but I like I cant even begin to comprehind how ignoratnt this post is...
agreed

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:

Frostbite3789 said:
Why are people getting so pumped up for this? It still looks godawful. I really don't get it. Have we learned nothing from CoD: Not Another WWII Shooter, MW2 and BlOps?

It's going to disappoint. Every one of the last 3 CoD games has. Or has everyone convinced themselves BlOps is good now?

Also why do I see a soldier with an American flag patch in France? I gotta think if we're getting invaded, we aren't really down for sending soldiers elsewhere, I think we've got enough problems.

Who the hell is even invading the entirety of the west? Russia? How and why? I asked this question in the teaser trailer, and not a single person answered.

They might as well have added "Herp derp" at the beginning of the dialogue. The Modern Warfare series was in the process of jumping the shark in MW2, it has finished that jump with these trailers.
im sorry but, if you are going to ramble on about how bad you think a game will be before it even comes out, then you need to get some facts straightened out, and the reason no one answered your earlier question is because it hasnt been revealed yet... also, it does not look bad at all, in fact it looks better than many other recent game i can think of.

agreed[/quote]

Well, for one, IW as it was known doesn't actually exist anymore. So, they can't really fuck anything up.

For two, they reveal enough to show the entire Western World being invaded, by an unknown enemy, perhaps Russia. Who the hell has the ability to do that? In the first MW, we set-up that Russia was weak and having problems between the current government and ultra-nationalists.

In two they're amazingly powerful enough to invade US soil, not only US soil, but Washington DC.

Now in 3, either them or some unknown force is able to invade not only the US, but the entire Western World. Oh, there's plenty here that needs to be explained. You just don't have an explanation.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Love it.

Don't even really care about the hate is this turn around.

Just to get this out there... World War 1 was put into motion by the death of one man. If you really over analyze every detail, the war is more than plausible.

Russia had lost the Civil war leading the Ultranationalists to victory. They had been searching for war with the US for any excuse. They also had the backing of Thisisn'tAfghanistanistan.

This is what I want. World War 3 in CoD.

Make it happen captain.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Frostbite3789 said:
who says its russia? or just russians?

the point im trying to make is that we dont know anything yet, so its foolish to jump to conclusions.

fair enough, if you are right then we've got a plot hole, but many many games have plot holes, in them, some you probably enjoy yourself. i think your issue with CoD isnt just this little side step. your using it as an excuse to hate on the game.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Spoiler:

You die..

Also map packs are $20 this time

Markov has now made WW3 cuz you killed Gen Knifeintheye

Also bad release date is bad...going to be playing Skyrim that week....

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Frostbite3789 said:
who says its russia? or just russians?

the point im trying to make is that we dont know anything yet, so its foolish to jump to conclusions.

fair enough, if you are right then we've got a plot hole, but many many games have plot holes, in them, some you probably enjoy yourself. i think your issue with CoD isnt just this little side step. your using it as an excuse to hate on the game.
No, it's that I loved the originals, loved MW. Kind of enjoyed MW2, thought it was a bit ridiculous. This is all kinds of jumping the shark.

MW2 went from one international incident to invading the US capital. That's fine, ok, but how are they going to lead into this? The track record of recent CoD games gives me next to hope.

Also the fact that we lost the original studio who has developed all the real quality CoD games.

Nothing about this doesn't scream "Activision cash grab" to me. Also, there are plot holes, then this. Where do you go from WWIII? There literally isn't another place to go. The series has set the standard that nukes exist, so how does this work? There's a reason the Cold War didn't turn in WWIII guys, this idea of deterrence. It still exists today, and is the reason we don't see mass ground force invasions.

I can't enjoy myself if a game can't even be assed to follow the rules it sets for it's own universe. At least Homefront showed us the lead in for this, had a timeline for events. CoD has turned into "LOOK! AN EXPLOSION! BANG BOOM POW!" It's to video games what Michael Bay's stuff is to movies. It might be fun for awhile, but after so many iterations, it's tired.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Makarov, we are all going to put you in the ground for framing us and starting WW3. >:)

Can't wait for details on multiplayer.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Frostbite3789 said:
CardinalPiggles said:

Frostbite3789 said:

agreed
Well, for one, IW as it was known doesn't actually exist anymore. So, they can't really fuck anything up.

For two, they reveal enough to show the entire Western World being invaded, by an unknown enemy, perhaps Russia. Who the hell has the ability to do that? In the first MW, we set-up that Russia was weak and having problems between the current government and ultra-nationalists.

In two they're amazingly powerful enough to invade US soil, not only US soil, but Washington DC.

Now in 3, either them or some unknown force is able to invade not only the US, but the entire Western World. Oh, there's plenty here that needs to be explained. You just don't have an explanation.[/quote]

Maybe because Call of Duty emphasises fun > story? Im all for story in games, but Call of Duty is taking the approach of, "I think this will be most fun for our fanbase"
Anyway isnt a lot of the point of games to offer us an experience that we could never experience otherwise? Because the game would be pretty fucking boring if the entire game was just the player being tactical nuke.

tl;dr get off your high horse

Im personally excited for this game, Modern Warfare was fun, Black Ops was fun. I really wanna see how the crisis with Makarov will turn out. And if the online mixes elements from Black ops, MW 2, with a sprinkle of Modern Warfare 1, then we'll have a phenomenal game on our hands

nonl33t m4st3r

Oct 31, 2009
Looks like they've recycled some set pieces. I didn't expect the graphics to look too different, since it was probably built on the same engine as MW2 to save some time and resources after the break-up. I'll probably just do what I've done with the previous CoD's and bought it cheap off somebody who's already bored with it on eBay.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
And then next year or early 2012 they'll have some old-war game made by the non-Infinity Ward company....and then later that year or in 2013 will be MW4 (they're just milking it at this point!).