Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Kicks Off World War III

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
This looks...godawfully trite. Not only is the scenario of a world war fought on 3-4 fronts laughably implausible given the complete lack of a credible threat(s) to the west, it doesn't really make sense for Germany, France, and the UK to be battlegrounds at the same time. It kinda reminds me of a cheesy movie trailer: tons of explosions to appeal to the ADHD crowd, and no hint of a meaningful story or message. But hey, whatever appeals to today's generation...

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Spencer Petersen said:
Didn't Kotick say that the COD series was a testament to the real life soldiers who fight today? So why the hell is the series going into such stupid lengths to one-up itself and make the threat of Russians or Muslims or whoever the enemy in apparently more powerful than nuclear arms? This series has gone so far off kilter that its a parody of itself right now, just trying to shock and sensationalize itself another stupid installment to earn a quick buck. Oh, and isn't the new IW made up of cannibalized workers from the old IW minus all the talent that made the first fun?
... You really don't believe Kotick would sell his mother for $600 and a new franchise to milk if given an opportunity?

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Demon ID said:
EDIT: Seriously, with all these modern combat games coming out I really am missing world war 2. I didn't think i'd ever say that, but I am.
I'm not :)

However, I'd love to see a WWII expansion for BF3 later next year, perhaps. That could be awesome.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
look! an English police car! in an american game! they actually have something period correct!!! /jaw on floor.

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
Im sorry, but my a$$ still hurts from the rape I received with last two installments of this series. Until the price drops considerably ($20-$30) or its a gift, Im done. (This also includes anything to do with Activision.)

Gindil said:
... You really don't believe Kotick would sell his mother for $600 and a new franchise to milk if given an opportunity?
What about $5 and and a cookie?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
TestECull said:
My prediction: Crap campaign, crap MP, people pay out the nose for it anyways. I certainly won't be buying it anytime soon...if at all.
The fact that the game has gone on this long means i won't be buying it let alone knowing MP will be just as crap as you say.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Please... PLEEEEEASE...

No more gritty realistic warfare games... it's been a decade already

What happened to funny, quirky games that didn't involve trying to get torture to look as graphically realistic as possible?

Oh yea, there's no money in it.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
Not gonna buy it, at this point with MW you're paying for it like people paid for Madden games, just a roster update every year.
Country A invades country B.

I really wish people weren't so stupid with supporting games like this.

thebolt

May 19, 2011
All I know...is that by the end of this...America will win and all the other countries will fall. USA! USA! USA!

I mean really the only thing that could make the story exciting is if America actually got fucked up.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
looks preaty cool ya know what would be nice?
that germany WONT be the bad guys for once... (i mean seriosly i think they had enogh...) maybie idk america? someone? evil usa?
no ha ok just make the germans evil again why not...

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
OH wow! that sure looks SCRIPTED! Yes all that stuff looks neat and everything, but you can't go anywhere near it, The game might as well be an on the rails shooter.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Azure Knight-Zeo said:
While I like the apocalyptic environments, it just feels like the game's jumping the shark with a nuclear powered jet-pack. Also I know that the story will take about two to four days while all the effort is being put in the multiplayer I won't ever play.

Frostbite3789 said:
Where do you go from WWIII? .
CoD: 2119? With mech suits and plasma guns? :)
CoD: Revolution.

The single player consists mostly of your player character standing in a line, taking a shot, and then feverishly trying to reload before you het bayonetted.

But like all good Call of Duty games, you're constantly changing characters; 12 year old powder monkey, Cavalryman, and of course the controversial "ship's wench" level.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
idodo35 said:
looks preaty cool ya know what would be nice?
that germany WONT be the bad guys for once... (i mean seriosly i think they had enogh...) maybie idk america? someone? evil usa?
no ha ok just make the germans evil again why not...
If you're talking WWII (which I agree is done to death), its not Germans that are the bad guys, it's the nazis, which is a distinction most make, and the US government has been the bad guys loooots of times in games

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Modern Warfare 2 gave me a fun rental experience. I completely passed over Black Ops and plan on giving MW1 a try at some point. MW3 on the other hand could be the one that gets me into the series proper. Well played.

also: I remember rumors that the 3rd MW would be in space which seems like insane, psycho babble at this point...but a firefight aboard the ISS would be pretty freaking sweet (even though 1 single stray bullet would kill you dead along with everybody else aboard)

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I was extremely under-whelmed by this. I got chills from the last two CoD game trailers but this is just terrible in my personal opinion. Oh boohoo, you're invading countries which have been given the same treatment and worse in many, many books, films and other video games.

If that's how they're going to hype up the game, colour me uninterested.