Molyneux: Fable 3 Will Upset Some People

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
It can't be any more disappointing than Fable 2... Can it?
Well, you could put the game in and all it would do it play Twilight over and over again... that would do it for me, even with my low expectations.

I do find it hard to believe he's going to piss me off at this point. After Fable 2, I don't really care what that man puts out any more. He's off my radar.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Wait, their making a game that will piss off the fans of the series? Or hopfully it's going to be people we don't like, he didn't say fans will be angry.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
According to Molyneux Fable 3 cures cancer, AIDS and world hunger. Basically what he says is pointless, I bet it's something "ooh, controversial" like the terminal level in MW2 (which was shitty and unnecessary, like the cannabis callsigns and emblems).

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
its just his way of getting people interested in the game.

btw, did fable 2 even WARRANT a sequel?

ok, he had some ideas with it, but in the end it wasnt that good. and the dlc was confusing, why have food make you gain or lose weight when you can buy a potion in the dlc to make you fat or skinny, tall or short, remove scars, etc. and why did they have a resurrect your dog thing? i thought that the whole point of the choice at the end is its irreversible and permanant! hell, my only reason for choosing anything other than the money was the dog, because it was the only thing in fable 2 that was of the least bit of use to me! chances are i could have found about 50 more of the person i married, and i dont really give a shit about the people who died, so i have a question about all of fable, WHY SHOULD I GIVE A DAMN?

PS, i am angry that i bought it and the dlc

edit: btw, why do they have you buy more weapons when you can just get the most powerful sword in the game for free in a tunnel after the tower mission?

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
I was thinking the "some people" hes refering to would include Jack Thompson or Hilary Clinton if you know what I mean. Not gamers.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Am I the only one who remembers at E3 when Molyneux promised the ability to plant acorns and grow trees in realtime?

PissedGrunty

Aug 15, 2009
I haven't played the Fable games as a PS3 owner, but I tend to stay away from games more known for their director than the game content itself anyways

DarkLight523

Dec 1, 2009
I'm already "pissed."

Who let Peter Molyneux start blabbing about Fable 3?

Those responsible should be sacked.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Peter Molyneux is legendary for his bullshit, don't listen to him.
Besides, Fable 2 pissed off a lot of people; riddled with framerate issues and repetitive gameplay.

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
Maybe he'll finally allow us to kill children?
Or he fears he might not be able to deliver all the features he promises and this is his back-handed apology in advance for it?

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
i really hope he realises that no one cares about all the emotionnal crap unless the characters aren't just all copies of each other with 2 lines of dialog.
for fuck's sake i cared more about the people in fallout 3, and i ended up killing most of em'

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I'm glad to see that Molyneux is foregoing the usual hype he does and has instead gone straight to the

"youre gonna be disappointed from all the hype I'm going to telly you about" stage.

Well Played

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
As long as they finish making it before they release it, I'll be satisfied. I don't want to pay to Beta test Fable 3 like I did with Fable 2.