Molyneux: Fable 3 Will Upset Some People

InsaneFool

The Dude Abides
Jan 18, 2010
It is totally gonna be a full-on Real Time Strategy. Possibly similar to Overlord.

I have no basis for these accusations, but I'm just gonna go ahead and believe them, and you're all welcome to do the same.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Or perhaps Fable 3 will be eschewing a traditional controller altogether? That certainly would upset a lot of people, and makes a certain kind of sense, given Molyneux's evangelism for the device. Either way, we're going to have to wait until the announcement at Microsoft's X10 event later in the month.
I don't know but I'm pretty sure that would kill the franchise. Here's a wild idea! Make some actual improvements on three instead of tacking on asinine motion control.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
Apparently, the Fable 3 devs looked at MW2 sales, and thought: There was a controversial mission that pissed a whole lot of people off! If we say our game pisses a lot of people off, then we will get a lot of sales!

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
aaronmcc said:
IxionIndustries said:
Also, why the fuck is he making the game if it's going to piss off people? That's an extremely poor business strategy IMO.
you obviously know nothing of this man. This is his 'thing'
I guess not. The only thing I know is that I hate his guts.

Scythax

Nov 23, 2009
he says it will super piss off the "fans".

This is a good thing.

No one in their right mind could possibly have liked Fable 2 enough to call themselves a fan.

"Fan"s of fable 2 deserve to be super pissed off for having such bad taste, and although I'm taking this with enough salt to make a new Dead Sea, this actually has me intregued.

What shit part of the last game will they remove? (because lets face it that's what the game was made of)

I still try and tell Pete' telepathically that people don't want a 'modern' fable. All we want is a game that was like Fable 1 but actually lives up to the REASONABLE expectations you give us, or maybe perhaps a prequal, taking us back to the Age of Archon.

Of course there is every possibility this will just be natal only in which case I'll be sending him a post bomb filled with arsnic and scorpions.

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Yay, now I can marry my dog and work as a woodcutter to pay for our new two story outhouse!

RickyLill

Nov 15, 2009
When is Lionhead going to realise that the best thing they can do is to make Molyneux STFU!, that way people wont be overhyped with the game and Molyneux wont be seen as a misrable failure again....

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I swear to god im gonna be so pissed if its that you can only play fable 3 with NATAL
c'mon MOlyneux fable one of my favourite series, plaese dont fuck it up

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
You know, if he REALLY wants to upset some people, he should make 3 suck as much as the last one.

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
It's Peter Molyneux.

He's going to spend the next two years hyping up how turbo pissed people will get at Fable 3. Then in the end, it's just a normal game with nothing special or worthwhile, apart from the massive marketing campaign.

People will explode with anger and frustration, and flood the forums saying how goddamn pissed off they were at the game for being so bland.
And that night, Peter Molyneux will lay his head on his pillow, knowing that just once, just this once, he actually lived up to his own ridiculous hype.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
It can't be any more disappointing than Fable 2... Can it?
Well... I'm betting that (after the non-boss game finishes itself fiasco of Fable 2) maybe Fable 3 will be one mind-numbing, eyesight-destroying cutscene, with no gameplay whatsoever...

Oh, and SHUT UP Molyneux!!!!

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Meh...molyneux is the biggest cock-tease ever. I doubt whatever the change is will be particularly impressive/upsetting. Only an idiot intentionally does things to piss off their main audience unless there are perceived to be significant upshots to doing so.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
This coming from Peter "Lord of Hype" Molyneux should be taken with an entire barrel of salt. Ever since Black & White I have entirely stopped listening to what Mr. Molyneux has had to say about his games since he tends to inflate the smallest thing into proportions so epic that the human mind can only begin to grasp it.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Darktau said:
Not just pissed off, SUPER pissed off.

Seriously, people are annoyed at every game that comes out, if there changing the direction of fable good for them.
True, I don't think there has ever been a game release that did not piss off at least 1 person. "You can please all of the people some of the time; Some of the people all of the time; but never all of the people all of the time"

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I hope you don't have to buy Natal to play Fable 3.

I just hope the Natal stuff is just a gimmick for Fable 3
i hope natal is a gimmick for every game that comes with it