Moral discussion: would you?

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
MrHilter said:
And I don't consider somebody really being a relative through the technicalities of the bullshit institution of marriage. It's not like you gre up with this girl you only just met her. Situation A: If you're dad was seeing this girls mother and they weren't married you would not even be the step sister of this girl. You would not be by your definition related to her. Situation B: Exactly the same except your dad stood in a church for a day and that somehow makes her family. Bullshit.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Like that one movie?

Hell yeah I would. I'd make the effort not to live with my parents, but I'd still do it.

biggskanz

Dec 3, 2009
I see a lot of the "anti-incest" posts here are just appeals to tradition, appeals to popularity or other logical fallacies. The fact is, there is no logical reason to be against incest. The only logical reason I can think of is that incest can cause birth defects, and since you can easily prevent pregnancy this isn't a valid reason to be against it.

Other invalid reasons are: "It's just sick" and "Dude no, just no"

I personally do not want to have sex with my sister, because I am not attracted to her. I don't think this is a reason to condemn people who do wish to have sex with their siblings, just like I don't condemn people who wish to have sex with the same sex.

Try to think logically people, don't just blindly follow what societal norms tell you to believe.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
OmniscientOstrich said:
Thundero13 said:
Yes, because I don't see any reason why not, even if it wasn't just a step-brother, if I found them attractive and they offered then yes, nothing wrong with incest
0_0 Dude...

You're joking right?
She's right, though.

The reason why incest is "wrong" comes from the evolutionary perspective. Interbreeding reduces genetic diversity and causes fugly mutant babies, both of which severe limit the continued survival and procreation of a species.

We have psychological imprints in our noggins to guard against this. The westermarck effect shows that a person will tend to NOT be sexually attracted to anyone they were close to before the ages of 5-6 (studied from Israeli farm kids who grew up with a bunch of other kids but never marry the other kids).

Once you take out blood relation, though, no risk of fugly mutant babies. And in this situation, no Westermarck effect.

Biologically,this situation just involves s stranger (who is apparently super hot)that is coming on to you.

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
l3o2828 said:
God no.
Just no,I hate incest.
Even if it isn't really incest.
Just...No. People who are part of your family one way or another... just no.
but then you could have a family within a family.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
OmniscientOstrich said:
Thundero13 said:
You would see no problem in sleeping with your brother?
Well personally I don't want to sleep with my actual brother, i'm just saying that if some other siblings wanted to sleep with eachother i'd have no problem with that, or if I did want to sleep with my brother then i'd see no problem with that either

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I would enjoy just because of how awkward it would be... xD

Although, I wouldn't want to get really physical right off the bat... ><'

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
kidd25 said:
l3o2828 said:
God no.
Just no,I hate incest.
Even if it isn't really incest.
Just...No. People who are part of your family one way or another... just no.
but then you could have a family within a family.
That's even worse. XD
But to provide with an acutal, meaningful reply, i would say that my values, incorporated by society and my family lead me to that choice, perhaps i would think differently in other circumstances, but these values related discussion will always find a way to be a discussion since values are as valid as people.
So yeah, continue discussing a matter that will never conclude in a clear answer.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
This reminds me of a news story I heard a month or so ago. A teenager was dating this girl, and then the boy's father ended up marrying his sons girlfriend's mother. The two parents never would have met if it weren't for their children dating. The parents then proceeded to forbid their teens from dating each other further. It's a very confusing situation.

OT: I probably wouldn't, but I guess I'll never know, will I?

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Thundero13 said:
OmniscientOstrich said:
Thundero13 said:
You would see no problem in sleeping with your brother?
Well personally I don't want to sleep with my actual brother, i'm just saying that if some other siblings wanted to sleep with eachother i'd have no problem with that, or if I did want to sleep with my brother then i'd see no problem with that either
Riiiiight, well all I can say is that I disagree. Step-bro/sis relationships where they are not actually related I have no problem with. But actual incest I just think is wrong. Just my opinion.

May 5, 2010
Well...Yeah. I'm 19, and I live on campus, so I wouldn't see this person every day. Besides, if I'm just meeting her now, and I'm not blood-related, then how is she my sister in any wa-

No, wait. Just typing all that made me feel creepy. Never mind. No, I wouldn't.

EDIT: Also, this isn't really a moral choice. At all. Not even close.

Toar

Nov 13, 2009
Whoa dude, stop watching anime for awhile. Seriously. The world does not work like a Hentai. Plus, still your sister. That's incest, and if ALabama taught me anything, it's that incest is wrong.

aei_haruko

Jun 12, 2011
Everin said:
Consider this situation:
Your parents have divorced, and after a while one of your parents remarries. You get a new sister or brother, a few months younger then you. (in this situation its assumed youre around 17). You think your step-sibling is atrractive but you dont really want to do anything.
However, one day, they approach you while your parents are out and suggests, though some hidden meanings, that you and them could try getting physical. The question is, would you? And why or why not?
:)
Hey man, I'd have to say go for it, If you like her, then it's no problem, it'd be weird for some people, but heck, your parent married their parent, so why can't you like their love interests child?

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
What if the situation were reversed? You were dating a girl then your parent and step parent met and got married. Does that make you step siblings? Is it still morally wrong? I would have no problem with it as long as you haven't known them for a really long time otherwise it would get really weird... But yeah if you just met and had an attraction for one another (and your not blood related) It really shouldn't be an is

Yet I still feel weird typing that :/

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
DarkRyter said:
I'm not really sure who your siding with here. I said in my previous post I have no problem with people hooking up with step-bro/sis as there is no blood relation, you just met them and you're only connection is through a technicality. He said he was okay with people engaging in blood-related incest and that's what I disagreed with.