Moral discussion: would you?

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
No. My step-sister is kind of a *****. Although if this were a hypothetical, non-bitchy step-sister? Probably not. It'd get weird very quickly if any attachment beyond the physical developed, and it's not a relationship that could be revealed to anyone else, really.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Hmm... I think I had a dream about this once... dont think it ended well...

So even with that, there is a slight maybe to positive hell no.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
think of it this way, if/when it goes bad, you'll be stuck living with this person and both your parents for the foreseeable future. does that sounds fun?

unless you have an exit strategy and don't really care about potentially wrecking your parent's new marriage, Keep it in your pants.

woogit

Mar 16, 2011
Richardplex said:
Unlikely to happen because of the Oedipus complex, but for aforementioned reasons, still cool with.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to cause some form of bodily harm for mentioning the work of Freud in a serious manner.
Oh how I love Freud, but seriously, it works in this context.

OT: It's fine and all as long as you don't try to keep it a running relationship, that has the potential to get real awkward and frowned upon real fast.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
No. I couldn't.
It's just wrong because it interferes with the family bond.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Arsen said:
No. I couldn't.
It's just wrong because it interferes with the family bond.
That's the point of the hypothetical, it's before any family bond is really formed. I might, though I'm generally not into younger guys.

One of my sister's friends married his step-sister, they started fooling around in high school.

Edit: Also, how is this a moral(e) discussion?

the27thvoice

Aug 19, 2010
No I would not. This would be a huge can of awkward to open, both if it becomes something and if it ends. I can not see one single way for this to have a non-creepy fallout.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I'd probably consider it, though if anyone ever found out I would probably leave the country (Unless a child came out of it, in which case I'd probably have to stay here and be known as the asshole who knocked up his step-sister).

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
I don't see how this is a problem. They are just normal strangers.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I don't think so, even though we're not blood related I would still see her as a sibling.

But you never know, if she's hot enough I could be persuaded

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
SammiYin said:
Oo, how hot is she? Actually scrap that. Probably. It would make for some awkward dinner times if parents found out though.
I was going to say that I wouldn't. But the opportunity to come out with something like this at dinner would make it worth it.

Plus if you're not actually related, yeah you might want to make something up if you get together for when people ask how you met, but you're not related to them nor have you been raised together. No dramas.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I would never put myself in such a sticky situation. I value the stability of my family too much to complicate it like that.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Sounds pretty kinky to me. The factor that you have to live with them day-in-day out might make me rethink it for a second, but then I'm 17, right? So I won't be around for long.
Let me summarize: a non-blood-related girl who I am attracted to and who is attracted to me wants to have sex. All things being even I'd say yes the same way I'd say yes to any other girl I find attractive.

Also, you mean moral decision. That's without an "e" (you can change it by editing your first post). And by the way, you could add a poll. This would make a nice poll.

So, comments...

TheNaut131 said:
gabe12301 said:
ewww wtf? F**ck no! that would be awkward and disgusting.
This. Randomly fucking someone for fun is one thing. Randomly fucking someone for fun you have to see everyday and have to call brother/sister is weird ass hell.

...okay maybe I'd-NO! Sure it may be fun for the moment, but in the long run, that would be a pretty bad mistake.
Well, you don't have to call them brother or sister (but if you're into your "bad girl"'s and "who's your daddy?"'s I guess you could call him/her that =/).
And even if you do call him/her bro/sis on a regular basis, you still have to consider pheromones. It's all in the pheromones. The natural instinct you have, which tells you not to have sex with family members doesn't generally stem from a social taboo (although that definitely does play a role). The greatest factor in those situations is a lack of sexual stimulation in brain when a family memeber's pheromones are counter-acted by a biological realisation that there are overwhelming overlaps in genetic material.
But you'd still be affected by that other person's pheromones if you're not blood-related, which means you might be more swayed "in the moment", as you put it. Of course the afore-mentioned social factors could have instilled so much of a taboo on you that you would still refuse to indulge in sexual activities, fighting your natural instincts of the pituitary gland, such as:

l3o2828 said:
God no.
Just no,I hate incest.
Even if it isn't really incest.
Just...No. People who are part of your family one way or another... just no.
Moving on:

Richardplex said:
sheah1 said:
Hmm....
Alright, I'm not sure, but how about a reverse question?
You and your brother/sister are adopted from different families, and at some point in your lives (when you are both of age), he/she suggests "relations", how do you react?
Personally, even if he/she isn't related by blood, they were raised as brother and sister, so therefore it's still kind of wrong (that's my opinion of my situation, I'm still stumped on the original).
Unlikely to happen because of the Oedipus complex, but for aforementioned reasons, still cool with.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to cause some form of bodily harm for mentioning the work of Freud in a serious manner.
Yes, but you're forgetting that Oedipus complex only theoretically applies in a situation where pheromones are produced by someone of a similar genetic composition. In this case that still wouldn't be true.

Loner Jo Jo

Jul 22, 2011
Well, no because I don't jump into physical relationships like that regardless.

To answer you're question, I don't know. From the way you phrase it, it seems like I'm not all that attracted to them to begin with so I probably wouldn't jeopardize family balance just for a whim.

If I was attracted to them to a significant degree, I guess it would depend on whether or not I see them as more of a sibling or just someone I happen to know. If I lived in the same house with them, I probably wouldn't do anything. It would be awkward. If I didn't live with them, then I would probably just view them through the same lens as a classmate or a co-worker, and then yeah, I might try it. Who knows?

(Of course, in my situation, if they were a couple months younger than me, we would both be in college so I think a lot of the awkwardness would be negated by the fact that we would both be adults, legally at least.)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
mmm... if im not in a current relationship, and people knew we were blood related, and if we got along well...

I'd make a relationship out of it. no reason not to.

CerealKiller214

Apr 23, 2011
I would do it and then see if it's really that akward. If it is then I'm off to another country just to be sure we never see each other again.
But what happens if she falls in love with you? That would totally be unacceptable. Even if she is nice, cute, attractive etc. she is still part of your family.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well...morality...ugh, it has nothing to do with this, its not good or bad...actually it might be good...for you, but doesnt effect anyone else badly, it only affects you and the other person goodly.

So I would say go with it, your the same age (almost), your not related. Mabey a secret relationship until you older?

But it would get SO complicated!