Morrowind 2011 Brings New Life to an Old Classic

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Looks fantastic. Still, too bad that nobody ever improved on the meshes aside from better bodies and better heads. It's the only thing still holding this game in the 'looks dated' category after installing this mod.
I started playing not too long ago, might as well have some fun with this. Thank God for the instructions. Last time I tried to use the graphics extender, I broke the game.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Vhite said:
Looks nice but I think remaking Morrowind as Oblivion mode would be better idea. That would maybe make me like the game.
MorrOblivion perhaps?

Looked amazing (and even better than this does) its a shame that Bethesda (and/or Zenimax) Axed the project.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
FUU-

*downloads*

That is beautiful!I hope it's compatible with some of the mods I already have though...

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
Hmm... I adored Oblivion, but could never really get into Morrowind. With those mods, though, it looks pretty nice. I might have to give it another try.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
... OK, one of the major problems I had with Morrowind was shitty graphics (I had played Oblivion first, so I was spoiled) but with this? Some of it almost looks better than Oblivion... now, if there's something that mods the combat that doesn't clash with this ginormous mod, I may actually enjoy the game. Loved the music, loved the concept, loved the feel, but couldn't stand the look/gameplay. Always felt guilty about that...

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
I'm still not sure though, mods in these games is like making a house out of a deck of cards. One fails them bam, you have incredibly ugly mudcrabs but everything else looks amazing or the game crashes.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I think I need new pants >>
This is just gorgeous, how wonderful what can be done with such an old game. Must.Download.NAO!
Oh yeah, did they improve the combat? Not that I have anything against dice based RPGs, but the TES games just feel more naturally with hack n' slash like in Oblivion.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
HellspawnCandy said:
I'm still not sure though, mods in these games is like making a house out of a deck of cards. One fails them bam, you have incredibly ugly mudcrabs but everything else looks amazing or the game crashes.
That's the big benefit of this collection. It's a house of cards that comes with very detailed instructions on how to stack it all together so it won't collapse on you when the wind blows.

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
HellspawnCandy said:
That's the big benefit of this collection. It's a house of cards that comes with very detailed instructions on how to stack it all together so it won't collapse on you when the wind blows.
Be nice if they had an easy to manage mod manager though. Or atleast one I can find.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Looks cool. Reminds me of this page [http://forums.encyclopediadramatica.com/showthread.php?t=9644] (credit to some one hear who posted this link a month or so ago). This person also goes step by step with the prettier of mods, game play changes, and the models do not look like ass.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Irridium said:
Vhite said:
Looks nice but I think remaking Morrowind as Oblivion mode would be better idea. That would maybe make me like the game.
Maraveno said:
I reckon it would be less painstaking too
There were modders working on that actually. They managed to convert the world to the Oblivion Engine, but then Bethesda axed the project.
Are you sure?

Bar Valve they're the most mod-friendly lot out there.

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
Reminds me strangely of STALKER, great environments but blocky characters.

Thats not to say this isn't amazing, I may just have to replay Morrowind now...

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Jabberwock xeno said:

Holy shit, how can anyone do this?

Can people do this with any game?!
*points to video* You see that!? That's why I'm a PC gamer!

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Woodsey said:
Irridium said:
Vhite said:
Maraveno said:
There were modders working on that actually. They managed to convert the world to the Oblivion Engine, but then Bethesda axed the project.
Are you sure?

Obsidian's pretty mod friendly, too. In fact, that and Mask of the Betrayer are part of the entire appeal of Neverwinter Nights 2.

Apr 28, 2008
Woodsey said:
Irridium said:
Vhite said:
Maraveno said:
Are you sure?

Yeah, I'm sure. From what I understood it got canned because they did it without acquiring permission. Not sure if anyone tried to remake it with permission though.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
My god its full of win. Tell me who didn't try the jump scrolls when the dude first crashed out of sky in front of you?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Naheal said:
Woodsey said:
Irridium said:
Vhite said:
Maraveno said:
Are you sure?

Obsidian's pretty mod friendly, too. In fact, that and Mask of the Betrayer are part of the entire appeal of Neverwinter Nights 2.
Well yeah, Obsidian have to be considering they can't finish most of their games by themselves.

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
Brilliant! Just when I thought I never wanted to play it again.....Goodbye next month.