Morrowind 2011 Brings New Life to an Old Classic

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Although it is nice, I actually prefer the old graphics. These just look out of place, at least for me. Still, this is good news for most people.

ExplosionProofTaco

Nov 13, 2008
AW HELLS YEAH! I'M DOWNLOADING THIS RIGHT NOW!
*discover the mod is 4gb*
...*sigh* Nevermind..

I clicked the Amazon link for morrowind at the top of the page and read some of the 1 star reviews. If you want to get good and angry or laugh at the ignorance of Casuals click here: http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Morrowind-Game-Year-Pc/product-reviews/B0000CNUUP/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Naheal said:
Jabberwock xeno said:

Holy shit, how can anyone do this?

Can people do this with any game?!
*points to video* You see that!? That's why I'm a PC gamer!
I wish I had a PC that was good enough to be my primary gaming platform.

Wish somone would do this to Majora's mask or something...

DaggerOfCompassion

Aug 16, 2010
Great. I tried to play Morrowind for the first time the other day and I normally don't care about graphics but those were insanely bad. Hopefully this makes it a little easier.

yookiwooki

Dec 3, 2010
I literally just bought this game on Steam a few days ago and beat the main quest yesterday. This mod came at the perfect time!!!!

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Hopefully it works with the mods I have. There is one in particular that I love just because it adds humor that I just can't remove from the game now that I've played it.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
omicron1 said:
The sad part is, when Skyrim comes out with its new engine, all the mods that were made for Morrowind and Oblivion will be completely incompatible, and the modders will have to start learning the new system from scratch. No "Cyrodiil in Skyrim" mods this time around. :(
The modders will find a way. Im happy that theres a new engine. The gamebyro engine is good but very dated. This new engine will most likely transfer into any future fallout games. So thats definately a plus. :D

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
HK_01 said:
Also, what exactly is stopping him from hosting it on any of the usual sites, just split up into several parts? I remember that QTP was a couple of GB in size too, and so was ROO...
Have you ever tried to do that? It's a HUGE pain. You have to babysit it all day. Start part 1, wait that one minute, wait 20 minutes, assuming you didn't walk away, start part 2, wait that one minute, wait 20 minutes, wait 5 minutes because you've reached your download limit, start part 3....

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Irridium said:
Vhite said:
Looks nice but I think remaking Morrowind as Oblivion mode would be better idea. That would maybe make me like the game.
Maraveno said:
I reckon it would be less painstaking too
There were modders working on that actually. They managed to convert the world to the Oblivion Engine, but then Bethesda axed the project.
Was this justified? o_O
Edit: Oh they didn't get permission :p

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
That video looks really nice but it looks like all that lush vegetation takes away from the harshness of that world somewhat. Also is there a way to make it brighter at night? I know this is more realistic but that's really annoying when you're trying to play the game.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Blue Musician said:
Although it is nice, I actually prefer the old graphics. These just look out of place, at least for me. Still, this is good news for most people.
Are you sure it's not just because you were so used to the old graphics? Granted, I would have never thought I'd see trees in Balora, but Seyda Neen looks as a town built near a marshy coastline ought to (imo at least). But hey, to each their own.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
And this is why I love PC gaming. You just can't access the brilliant minds of the fans as much as you can on the PC.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Just bought the Oblivion Deluxe edition from Steam and finding it strange that the game seems more desolate than Fallout > . > The only threats I have seen on the road seem to be a bunch of deers ... oh and ... I still haven't figured out how I spent 20 hours in it already.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Andy Chalk said:
HellspawnCandy said:
I'm still not sure though, mods in these games is like making a house out of a deck of cards. One fails them bam, you have incredibly ugly mudcrabs but everything else looks amazing or the game crashes.
That's the big benefit of this collection. It's a house of cards that comes with very detailed instructions on how to stack it all together so it won't collapse on you when the wind blows.
Ugly mudcrabs? Never!

But yeah, I know what you are talking about I was using the Morrowind graphics extender and managed to mess up the game badly enough to have to reinstall. After that I can't quite seem to get it working again. Start a new game everything is fine, try to use my saved game and everything runes poorly and is moderately glitchy.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Irridium said:
Woodsey said:
Irridium said:
Vhite said:
Looks nice but I think remaking Morrowind as Oblivion mode would be better idea. That would maybe make me like the game.
Maraveno said:
I reckon it would be less painstaking too
There were modders working on that actually. They managed to convert the world to the Oblivion Engine, but then Bethesda axed the project.
Are you sure?

Bar Valve they're the most mod-friendly lot out there.
Yeah, I'm sure. From what I understood it got canned because they did it without acquiring permission. Not sure if anyone tried to remake it with permission though.
There was a copyright issue with using Morrowind materials in Oblivion. Bethesda lets modders do whatever they legally can, but not even Bethesda had legal leeway to do that as part of a contract, and they were obligated to shut it down.

That's not to say you can't still find it if you look for a while. Just that its pretty much just you running around in Morrowind with NPC's. Very pretty NPC's, but they don't do anything.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Wow, I spent hours finding all these files [I think I have pretty much 80 or 90% of the mods used here], extracting them and installing them in the right place. Think I might have to remove them and download this, just to be sure I have the full experience should I ever wish to actually play the game...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Now can they do this to something like Starwars Galactic Battlegrounds? O_O

On a serious note, that looks fucking incredible! I couldn't get into Morrowind because of some unknown reason *Barricades door*, but this is awesome, congrats to the people that made it.

Now for the people, i mean seriously they walk like someone who just got a 10ft pole shoved up their ass.