Most annoying boss fights

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
Jeane from No More Heroes is just insane. She not only does more damage per punch like every other boss, but she also moves at a speed that's near impossible to follow and dodge in time, she can counter all your grapples and doesn't even take extra damage from charged strikes or jump attacks.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Jirlond said:
Herb sewell said:
Technically a mini-boss but the reaper bugs in Re:5 always manage to piss me off. They have the terrible combination of a hard shell and one hit kill attacks. Plus quick turning to run and the smacking into your retarded partner always ruins my emblem hunt.
Damn retard! Yeah those things got me once or twice and for no good reason!
Jirlond said:
Gunner 51 said:
Jirlond said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ

Now thats a boss!
That's what I call bullet spamming. I'd be rage-quittin' in two seconds from that kind of onslaught.
It is insane looking - but imagine having the skill and rythm to be able to beat him.

I think you need 9 lives to beat him because there is no way out of certain situations.
Not to mention the sheer amount of patience needed to kill that thing.

Chribbdizzle

Jul 14, 2009
irishstormtrooper said:
The final boss battle in Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal comes to mind. Dr. Nefarious snipes you while his minions waste your ammo.
This I totally agree with, it starts off pretty basic but soon morphs in to something from hell.

That final boss from the first half-life, more strange than annoying though.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
I was thinking of playing Metroid Prime 2, but then I remembered all the things I hate about the game. Specifically, the Boost Guardian.

The Boost Guardian is one of the most frustrating enemies I have ever fought in a game. The boss itself is not hard, it's just that you have to fight the boss in an area filled with poisonous air that slowly kills you. It takes to damn long to kill the boss so you can die easily. Poisonous air is frustrating enough, but then you make me fight a boss in it? Even with all the energy tanks you can get up til that point that boss is still a *****.

Also, despite being a sub-boss, the Boost Guardian is harder than almost all of the other bosses in the game

EDIT: Oh yeah, then there's the Spider Guardian, which is also incredibly annoying.
Those two bosses I had no trouble with. It was the Ing Emperor that I really struggled with. God i hated him, soooo much.

jamesbong00spliff

Aug 27, 2008
One word, Seth.

A few more too, when i was playing resident evil 5 co-op with my mate, he was Chris, and i was Sheva *spits* the quick time events that i had to endure whilst he was pottering about like a twat trying to stop me from falling into the lava made me turn the air blue, i went absolutely insane smashing the X button to climb up for 30 seconds straight. Hence a ragequit from me, and a 'haha you're shit' from my mate.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
jamesbong00spliff said:
One word, Seth.

A few more too, when i was playing resident evil 5 co-op with my mate, he was Chris, and i was Sheva *spits* the quick time events that i had to endure whilst he was pottering about like a twat trying to stop me from falling into the lava made me turn the air blue, i went absolutely insane smashing the X button to climb up for 30 seconds straight. Hence a ragequit from me, and a 'haha you're shit' from my mate.
Thats better than my mate who came in my level to help me - stole some magnum ammo then quit!!!! oohhhh I hulked up!

Alkaros

Jul 12, 2009
Last boss in prototype, where you steadily kill him and then all a sudden you have a time limit :O

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Final boss fight from Aquanox. Oh look, Crawlers! Oh look, the Crawler boss! Oh look, a Great Old One! Oh look, LOTS of (slightly less) Great Old Ones! What do you mean I have to protect all the civilian vessels too? GAAAAAAH!!!

No quicksave, no save points, you either win the level or you lose it, with all its unskippable cut-scene glory.

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
Cid SilverWing said:
All boss fights in Final Fantasy Tactics. Stop being such fucking bitches with your omgwtfpwnage abilities. -_-
More specifically (for me), Wiegraf, the son of a *****. I'm still stuck on that 1 vs. 1 battle with the asshole after 4 different tries. I may level epically until I can kill him.

iseestupid

Feb 25, 2009
Whitney from Pokemon G/S/C... Mostly her Miltank and rollout. No matter how much I train every single pokemon, that Miltank takes them out in one hit.
And also, trying to defeat Lavos before the end of Chrono Trigger. Especially on your first run in the Ocean Palace, which is almost definitely one hit kill.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
Lavos from Chrono Trigger.
Oh, cool. You're every boss in the entire game, only you look like yourself so I have to remember how to kill every single stupid enemy from every single stupid level. Cool. I love wasting potions and ethers.

Second place is every non-Bat boss from RE5.

Honorable mention: Any boss from Triggerheart Exelica, only because you can't get hit, ever, to get the achievements in that game.

undeadfly

Jun 23, 2009
Turok, no i didnt buy the game it was given to me by my brother in law. The last boss is nothing more than 6 or 7 quicktime events in a row. and If you fuck up you get to do it again....I beat it once to get the achievement then pretty much threw the game away...To my game shelf... Im too cheap to throw away a video game. havnt touched it since though

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Saren at the end of Mass Effect.

On Insanity, the first "phase" of the encounter takes friggin' forever because he continually uses Shield Boost, so he takes no damage. Then you enter the second phase, in which he overheats your weapons, jumps around the room like a lunatic so it's difficult to hit him, and when you finally get through his ridiculous amount of shields and start to damage him... it cuts to a cinematic and his shields reset!