Most Anticipated Games of 2011

Galaktia

Jul 4, 2010
Only one out of all those games am I actually looking forward to, that was a bit disappointing

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Hard Reset
- Red Orchestra 2
- Rage
- Battlefield 3

Can't wait for the FPS craze to end so I don't have to waste money on games anymore, 'cause all these titles just breathes "All of my money! Take it!"

xchurchx

Nov 2, 2009
Skyrim
Battlefield 3
(Goddamn) uncharted 3
batman arkham city
assassins creed revelations
and when does dust 514 come out? tht looks sick....

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Halo CE, Revelations and Skyrim are the only ones the interest me. Good old Ezio:

Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, making people stab their own friends since 1511.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
Xan Krieger said:
No idea how Zelda made it on there when Space Marine didn't.
Because Zelda is an established videogame series beloved by many which consistently produces high quality games.
Same reason a Mario title would be on this list before Space Marine, among various other games.

That's not to say Space Marine will be inferior to any of these titles, its just not as highly anticipated.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
GrandmaFunk said:
so 13/15 of the games are sequels.

that's sad, really really sad.
First thing I noticed, too. And of the two that aren't sequels, one is basically Dead Rising: Spring Break Edition (yay more zombies, because if there's anything we don't have enough of yet...), and the other is a post-apocalyptic shooter (oh wait, that's what we didn't have enough of yet). I'm sure at least some of them will be fun, but that's still pretty ridiculous.

What's kind of funny, though, is the prevalence of the number 3 in the list. Not surprisingly, Valve is nowhere to be seen.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
kayisking said:
Fightgarr said:
Games I'm actually looking forward to this year: Catherine, The Last Guardian
I've got some bad news for you mate. The Last Guardian has been pushed back to the later half of 2012.
Oh poop. Well better I know, I guess, and save myself some disappointment.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Deus Ex officially has me as giddy as a school girl. I'm not even going to look at the others until I play that one.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Revelations, Skyward Sword, and maybe Arkham City and Saints Row the Third, but the first two are the only ones I'll be buying soon as I can. The others I'll Gamefly first.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Pity Mass Effect 3 has been pushed back till March 2012. Otherwise that'd basically be my only game.

Otherwise, yeah, I've got a pre-order for Deus Ex HR, BF3 will be extraordinary, and Skyrim should be pretty good, everything else will be crap imo.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
First thing I notice is that everything after the middle of October is at least a sequel. How dull.

The next is that I can point out instantly the games I think will be rushed and/or disappointing.
To name: I don't see how Deus Ex 3 can live up to expectations, I remain unconvinced about Dead Island, I think Battlefield 3 is coming out in October solely to get it out the door before MW3 and will require a ton of patches to get it playable, and as for Skyward Sword, and will it really come out before the end of the year? Twilight Princess springs instantly to mind...

I refuse to get excited about an upcoming release too much any more; I got badly burned by Smash Bros. Brawl. Not that that should stop anyone else, mind.

One thing that is interesting that I swear quite a few of these games were only announced earlier this year/last year, is the development schedule for a top-quality title that fast now? (Even assuming that they were in development before their official release)

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
My too buy list.

Will Buy
Deus Ex 3 ? 26th August 2011
Space Marine ? 9th September 2011
Batman: Arkham City ? 21st October 2011
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm - Unknown

May buy
From Dust ? 27th July
Dark Souls ? 7th October 2011
Uncharted 3: drakes deception ? 2nd November 2011
Elder scrolls: Skyrim ? 11th November 2011
Star Wars: TOR - Unknown

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Gears of War 3, Skyrim, Batman Arkham City, Modern Warfare 3 (I want to see what happens to Soap and Price)

radioactive lemur

May 26, 2010
Looking forward to Uncharted, Revelations, and Arkham City, but this list is missing Max Payne 3. WTF?! It's still coming out in 2011, isn't it?

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Nouw said:
I see a disturbing lack of Space Marine in that article. We must cleanse it!

We must kill this xeno scum.

Seriously OP, your missing a pretty big game that's not a sequel.... I'm we're just saying.

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
One more game that a lot of game websites tend to forget, since they already played a different version of it: The Witcher 2. The console version is coming out around November.

(Woohoo!)

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Am I the only one who never sees anything in the christmas (nov/dec) list? Ima buy Deux sex, Catherine and Batman. To me the greatest titles arrive either before or after the holidays (Bioshock Infinite!).

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
There is a disturbing lack of The Old Republic on this list.

I assume it's because this is only listing games that have confirmed release dates... but still! Shame on you, escapist.

RonHiler

Sep 16, 2004
My list:

Dead Island
Batman
Saint's Row 3

The rest are meh. But those three I'm really looking forward to (especially SR3)