Most Anticipated Games of 2011

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Most Anticipated Games of 2011

The games you are (or should be) looking forward to in the last half of 2011.

Read Full Article

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I see a disturbing lack of Space Marine in that article. We must cleanse it!

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Nouw said:
I forgot about that one. That makes 4 then.

Space Marine
Arkham City
Skyrim
Saints Row the third

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Since when was the new Zelda coming out on 18th November!? How did I miss that announcement?

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Games I'm actually looking forward to this year: Catherine, The Last Guardian

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Wow... im not really bothered about any of these... except maybe Gears 3 as its fun to play with my bro and our friends. I suppose Batman will be fun to watch and its funny to see Twisted Metal making a comeback.

Apr 28, 2008
My most anticipated are Deus Ex 3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, and Saints Row 3.

I wish I Am Alive would come out a some point though. I really want that game.

Also, Prey 2.

Prey 2 because it seems like you play Boba Fett in a Bladerunner-esque setting with a mix of Deus Ex and Mirror's Edge for gameplay. Hell yes I want that.

And Space Marine. Because god damn that looks fun to play.

Oh, and Serious Sam 3. No cover, all man.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Nouw said:
BY THE EMPRAH!!! EVEN I FORGOT!

TO ME MY BROTHAS, THERES LOTS HERE NEEDS BURNING!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
PunkRex said:
BY THE EMPRAH!!! EVEN I FORGOT!

TO ME MY BROTHAS, THERES LOTS HERE NEEDS BURNING!

Seriously though, there's been a heck of a lot of Space Marine news lately and I'm disappointed at the lack of coverage.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
GrandmaFunk said:
so 13/15 of the games are sequels.

that's sad, really really sad.
Sucks for them, since I'm not getting the sequels to games I already have. Saints Row The Third attracts me, but only because nothing else has its level of insanity. Also, Dead Island seems to play like DNF with zombies and barely any toilet/sex humor.

skotconcarne

May 4, 2011
Saints Row: The third is the game I'm looking forward to the most. Skyrim's gonna be cool but really I'm kinda wary of the hype. CoD: MW3 looks kind of boring and I HATE Gears of war because of it's cliche abuse. Dead island is a nonstarter for me because zombies have been done to death. Catherine looks fun in that Japanese-super-hyper-weird-time way but I'll probly play it once and be done with it.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
It's just about two a month for me. First is Deus Ex, the only one that month on the list. Then Dead Island and Gears three. The month after, Rage at Batman... er, Rage and Batman. Finally, Skyrim and Zelda. A few others have peaked my interest, but I won't rush out to buy them.

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
All the AAA FPS games we are getting in 2011, and they still add resistance 3! Honestly, is anyone going to play it? I'd rather play Skyrim, and I thought Oblivion was the most overated game of all time!

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
I've got a lot to look forward to here:

Catherine
[HEADING=2]Dark Souls[/HEADING]
Innocent Sin
Uncharted 3
Gears 3
Saints Row 3 (sensing a pattern here)

Not sure about Deus Ex. We'll see, I guess.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
DARK SOULS. DARK SOULS. DARK MOTHERFUCKING SOULS. I cannot possibly be more excited. Demons Souls is probably my favorite game of this generation... it's almost perfect in every way, and From Software is a fucking amazing dev team. I just cannot wait for Dark Souls.

GrandmaFunk said:
so 13/15 of the games are sequels.

that's sad, really really sad.
How is that really, really sad? A great, fun game is a great, fun game... regardless of whether or not its a sequel. I mean, some of the greatest classics in the entire fucking medium are sequels. WHY? WHY IS THIS SAD? The logic in this post is just beyond me. Is it "cool" and "edgy" to hate sequels or something?