Most Beautiful Video Game Location?

BlastedTheWorm

Jan 26, 2010
Virmire is memorable, but one that REALLY sticks in my mind is the beach section in the Halo 3 map Last Resort. It's lovely.

creepy_rabbit

Aug 7, 2008
no landscape in particular but the mountany (is that a word? ^^) biomes in minecraft are absolutely gorgeous :D

Juk3n

Aug 14, 2010
Hotel swimming pool rooftop "marco, polo" in uncharted 2 was pretty dope.

Also, Yafutoma on the first playthrough of Skies of Arcadia.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
erbkaiser said:
Prince of Persia (2008), after cleaning out the Corrupted. Especially the windmill area. Absolutely beautiful IMO.
Yeah, it´s so beautiful ... I actually stooped, just to look at the background ... and I´m a guy :D

Locko96

Jan 18, 2010
That massive field in LOZ: Twilight Princess. I forget what it's called because I haven't played it in so long. It's especially awesome when there is still that huge energy shield around the castle.

sevreon

Jan 6, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
Zion Valley in Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts DLC
This. Specifically I loved that I have never seen rain before in a fallout game, so when the first time it started to rain I was in awe. It was so immersive as I assumed my character probably had never seen rain before either.

MrA

Jul 26, 2009
Definitely anywhere found in Just Cause 1 or 2. Both such PRETTY games :)

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
Beecher's Hope in Red Dead Redemption. Actually, it's not just how it looks, but what it is that gets me. After all that trouble you went through in the game,
you finally get your family back, and a few missions are actually just you working on the ranch, trying to piece your life back together. It's just that feeling that youre home that makes the whole ranch more beautiful than any other locale in the game. At least, that's how I feel about it.

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
Ninja'ed by the OP? Damn. I always found AssCreed 2's Venice absolutely gorgeous, and the music is beautiful as well.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Peronally, it's got to be Firenze (Florence) in AC2. Absolutely breathtaking, every inch of that city's historical vistas have made me stop and stare and just drink it all in on numerous occasions.
La Palazzo dela Signoria, Il Duomo's impossibly beautiful facade, the plazas...

Venice is a very, very close second as is Roma in AC:Brotherhood.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
The city from Mirror's Edge is vastly superior to everything that has been mentioned here so far. In my opinion.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
I climbed to the top of a really tall building in GTA IV and watched the sunrise. In Fallout 3 when you first emerge from the vault and see the wasteland. In Red Dead Redemption, go south and New Austin and look at Mexico from over the river. And I know this sounds weird, but I find the almost never endingness of deserts eerily beautiful, and for some reason when I looked at the desert in Sims 2 on Nintendo DS it got to me. Deserts just do.

Squiggles

Mar 17, 2010
Ive always had a soft spot for FFIX... the locations in that game are beautiful, from a steam-punk airship, to a city of eternal rain and the eerie Terra.. The most underrated of the FF's IMO

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
DonMartin said:
Beecher's Hope in Red Dead Redemption. Actually, it's not just how it looks, but what it is that gets me. After all that trouble you went through in the game,
you finally get your family back, and a few missions are actually just you working on the ranch, trying to piece your life back together. It's just that feeling that youre home that makes the whole ranch more beautiful than any other locale in the game. At least, that's how I feel about it.
Ah, yes, that is a wonderful moment in the game!

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
The end sequences of Metro 2033 were impressive, as was the view from the Vault 101 scenic overlook. Maybe I just like depressing vistas.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Bioshock was pretty awesome.

I get the feeling that Skyrim will be awesome as well though.