Most Beautiful Video Game Location?

Sep 9, 2010
Spartan1362 said:
Bioshock was pretty awesome.

I get the feeling that Skyrim will be awesome as well though.
definitely agree with bioshock, and the new one looks like it would be a contender for this as well

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
The Just Cause 2 world is magnificent, it's just amazing to travel around, be it in a car, or a plane or just walking through some mountains.

Metro 2033 was beautiful in a different sort of way. It was just the atmosphere that did it for me, I loved playing through that game.

Far Cry 2 also has a very beautiful game world similar to Just Cause 2, in that I just love to travel around it, and the scenery in general is just brilliant.

In Oblivion, there my favourite place in the game is a certain spot on The Orange Road, next to a fence where you have a view of the Imperial City and the surrounding area. The first time I saw it was when I first got Oblivion in 2006, and it was one of the first time I saw a view of an open world, so the image sort of stuck in my mind from then on.

WanderingBiscuits

Apr 19, 2010
Beautiful locations?
Well first, I want to travel on Rainbow Road [Mario Kart 64] to
buy a weeks pass for the theme park in Gemity [Star Ocean till the end of time].
Followed by later going for a beer and watching the lava spurt from goron mountain.[Ocarina of time]

There are far more that might spring to mind later.

Aaron Kern

Sep 17, 2010
Even though it was only 16-bit, there was something compelling about seeing the world from Setzer's Airship in Final Fantasy VI

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
The tallest point in Oblivion, a cliff top that pretty much overlooks everything, right nightmare to get there. The view is stunning though

And another vote for Shadow of the Colossus. All of it

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
The planet in Bulletstorm. It's one of the best environments I've seen in a long while.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
First thing that came to my head was Oblivion. I love a lot of the scenery especially when you get up on a mountain and can see for miles.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
<image http://www.playdevil.net/uploader/files/1/Screenshots/XBLA_PSN/2011/XBLA/Beyond_Good_And_Evil_HD/beyond_good_and_evil_hd_4.jpg /image>
Beautifull, just beautifull. I love that game.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Metro 2033. All of it, but especially

And especially especially
Go play it. Now. That was an order.

DannibalG36 said:
The Clear Sky camp from S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky. You wake up to a sunrise with exquisite volumetric light filtering down through the trees. Absolutely unforgettable.

Screw that. The entire S.T.A.L.K.E.R series had some of the most eerily beautiful visuals I have ever seen.
Hear Hear, but you must make sure your PC can manage it. My old one chugged at the Clear Sky camp, and I found it hard to enjoy. My new one hammers it on full settings :)

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Dagnius said:
I found Just Cause 2 to have stunning scenery, Especially the rivers and coastal areas. I was really surprised at how well the game looked considering how massive the map is, usually it seems the larger the open world, the more the quality decreases.

http://terminalgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Just-Cause-2-Scenery.jpg
definitely JC2. I've just been playing it again as well, so I've been completely absolved into the world again. If it had animals in it, like Red Dead Redemption has, it'd be perfect, real feeling island paradise.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
On Oblivion theres this one place called Topal Bay. So I just exit on of the dlc's locations and I see this beautiful sunset on the water. Stared at it for 15 minutes.

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
iBagel said:
CarlMinez said:
The city from Mirror's Edge is vastly superior to everything that has been mentioned here so far. In my opinion.

Yes. Mirrors edge is just astoundingly beautiful.
I second or third that. mirrors edge did a great job at atmosphere and once you were good at it, it was very enjoyable. pretty much the entire mass effect 2 and the first time you see daylight in crysis it is incredible (granted you have a top end rig). and I may get flamed but the indoor city in the halo reach levels were incredibly well done.

Cheshire Cat

Sep 26, 2008
I've always thought that the world in FarCry 2 was pretty gorgeous, even though the game play was rather lacking. Of course it helps that I have it on a PC that can do it in a really high res. with all graphical settings maxed :-D

Willowleaf

Jun 27, 2011
Sailing in Zelda: Wind Waker, with a sunrise coming up behind one of the most dramatic thunderstorm's I've ever seen in that game. The music for both intertwining in the background and the way it reflected off the water. ^_^ Sad thing is I've played that game a ton and have only ever seen that particular occurrence once.